Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Screen resolution by Fabio
How i change the screen resolution? I want to set the screen resolution on 1440x900/81HZ is not possible on windows vista?
September 29th 06 02:17 PM
by Clark Go to last post
1 199
RC-1; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Part 1 by Alpha7878
Just received RC-1. And followed the 7 page installation to the letter. Take time and read it all !!! The Good Microsoft has a great program. The Bad I uninstalled Vista beta 2, blew off the drive and installed XP Pro Media. After doing all of this, and had the computer up and running, all 4 computers here at my house all networking just fine, I installed RC-1
September 29th 06 02:33 PM
by Alpha7878 Go to last post
0 137
HELP ME INSTALL RC1 by eric1018
I downloaded the iso. perfectly, burned it at 1x with a verification process, and I installed everything fine from the RC1 until I got to the "Installing Upgrades" part. After finishing this part, it gets ready for the "Completing Installation" part by restarting the computer. It restarts fine until it gets to a black screen with the new Aero curser. I wait about 10 sec. and then it...
September 29th 06 02:54 PM
by memory1 Go to last post
4 173
stop: 0x0000005c FIX by del69
ive had a problem with a stop error STOP: 0X0000005C (0X0000010B 0X00000003 0X000000000 0X000000000) i went mad trying to find out what the problem was..... and all i had to do was update my BIOS and now i can install vista...with no probs.. Thankyou for all your help but i found this out for myself BIG PAT ON THE
September 29th 06 03:02 PM
by del69 Go to last post
0 317
I AM NOT ABLE TO INSTALL VISTA, HELP !!! by mr.m.
Hello, I tried to install Beta2 but id didn't worked and I gave up, yesterday I downloaded RC1 hoping that the problems resolved, but it is not installed either. I have; Pentium 3GHz
September 29th 06 03:06 PM
by del69 Go to last post
1 496
ISO Problems by ModFreak
Hello i downloaded Vista RC1 and when i get the file fully downloaded i got to extract it using WinRAR but all i have in there is a readme document. Can anyone help me with this?
September 29th 06 04:25 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
4 223
Beta2 to RC1 upgrade problems with Roxio My Backup by KPoultin
I am attempting to upgrade from Vista Beta 2 to Vista RC 1. Everytime it says that it is unable to because of Roxio MyBackup, asking me to goto control panel and remove. I have checked through all installed programs, and even removed vista backup (just in case), I have no mention of Roxio on the machine. Is it mis-interrupting the program name? and if so what I would hate to go through a...
September 29th 06 10:29 PM
by JerzyMarian Go to last post
1 196
change dual boot to single boot by Vista dummy
So after playing around with Vista's unsucessfull uninstall I found out my windows Xp installation was still intact! So Vista is the primary OS and boots with a screen that pops up for a millisecond. Then Vista says the installation was unsuccessfull and restarts. So I can switch to my windows XP and run it as it was before, by qucikly selecting the OS on that screen that popped up for a...
September 29th 06 11:28 PM
by Xibit Go to last post
1 186
Why give error codes if they don't help find the problem? by xincer
I just cannot get RC1 to get past the Expanding files portion of the installation. I get the error code: 0x800706F8, which I have posted and asked for suggestions on, and I can't get anyone to say that error code equals this. Fix this, and the install will work. Isn't that what error codes are for? I have tried everything that I can think of and there has been no change in the...
September 29th 06 11:30 PM
by xincer Go to last post
0 198
disaster after running avast and deleting files with "viruses" by Dakota Jim
I was running perfect until I ran an avast scan and deleted some "bad" files. Now I can only run in safe mode. in normal mode IE7 wont open, mail will not send & receive, explorer wont work, and applications wont run. All of these function in Safe mode. I did a full upgrade after I had used the beta in a different partition for a while. I am sending this message from safe mode. My questions...
September 30th 06 12:31 AM
by Xibit Go to last post
2 185
Going Back To XP by Barca17
I am deciding wether or not I should install Vista RC1. My biggest concern is not to loose all my data but to keep a stable OS. I have read around and heard many good things about Vista RC1, but also some negatives. So I was wondering, I made a backup dvd of my data a while ago, will booting from this dvd in the future allow me to go back to XP after I upgrade to Vista? or did it only...
September 30th 06 01:35 AM
by Barca17 Go to last post
0 196
Going Back To XP by Barca17
I am deciding wether or not I should install Vista RC1. My biggest concern is not to loose all my data but to keep a stable OS. I have read around and heard many good things about Vista RC1, but also some negatives. So I was wondering, I made a backup dvd of my data a while ago, will booting from this dvd in the future allow me to go back to XP after I upgrade to Vista? or did it only...
September 30th 06 01:36 AM
by Barca17 Go to last post
0 137
Damaged CD? by Brandon McWhirter
Hello. I got my DVDs in the mail (I ordered 2 sets of the public preview so I got two sets of the RC1 free). Anyway, I open the case and take out the 32-bit DVD, look at the bottom and it's scratched around the outside... I tried to install using this disc and it fails... So i open the other DVD case to try the other disc and it's sratched as well! Did something happen during shipping or...
September 30th 06 01:44 AM
by JackM Go to last post
2 149
release 5728 by Aymincendiary
I don't see any provision for a product key for 5728. I have one for 5600. will this one work, or will i need a separate one for 5728? i won't have it downloaded for another 2 hours. let me know, guys. thanks! chris -- Those willing to sacrifice freedom for safety are deprived both freedom and
September 30th 06 01:59 AM
by Larry Schuldt Go to last post
3 138
upgrade from beta 2 to rc1 fails by Michael Harnois
When trying to upgrade from beta 2 to rc1 installation fails with the message "Windows installation cannot continue because a required driver could not be installed." Not a terribly helpful error message and it seems odd that a driver that installed under the beta would not install now. How do I get to the bottom of this?
September 30th 06 02:11 AM
by Keith T. Go to last post
3 122
Cant install Vista 64 or 32 by eyehatedog
Using Msi 915p Neo2 Platnuim MB, P4 630, 1 Gb ram, 2 - 80 gig hitiachi HD's, Ati Radeon Vid card. Can't get install to go thru. Tried with Raid0 and got error about can't find partition. It showed my HD, clicked next and got the error. Then I tried with one HD. Got error saying not enough space or something. Tried each scenario with 64 and 32. Same errors. It does load my raid...
September 30th 06 03:47 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
3 196
REALY BIG PROBLEM ! by LSD
I've tried too install Vista on a Second SATA Hard Disk i have bought just for that purpose... Every thing was OK... I Booted My system one time on my XP configuration on disk "C" One Time on Vista configuration on Disk "Z". The second time I booted vista, the system informed me that "C" had some problems and I had to run CHKDK... Then the vista system began to "fix" all my allocation and index...
September 30th 06 04:07 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 192
I'd like to REMOVE Vista.... by John C. Iliff
I have a dual boot system, WinXP and Vista 5728. I'd like to completely remove Vista, from it's separate partition, and ALL remnants. Because of a previous corrupted drive on the Vista partition, and subsequent format/install of Vista, the BootMgr is messed up. At this point, if I can COMPLETELY remove Vista, and start over, it'll be quicker and easier. Maybe I'll learn BCDEdit someday, but...
September 30th 06 04:19 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 204
Installing to second hard drive by J6
I want to install RC1 to a multi-boot configuration to a second physical hard drive . XP is on Drive "C" now, Vista RC1 will be installed on Drive "D". My question is can I format drive "D" at the time that I install RC1? Also, can I partition drive "D" at the time that I install RC1? Will I be able to use the Vista install program to do these two functions? -- J6
September 30th 06 04:38 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 201
Vista install hangs by silverferro
I have got vista RC1(2600) downloaded from microsoft.I have the trial key which microsoft sent me too. The problem is vista installs with out and probems but when it reboots for the 1st time after installling initial drivers and setup files, it hangs at the part where it says "updating DMI pool data...." and nothing happens after that. Can someone help me? I have : MSI K7N2 DELTA2-LSR...
September 30th 06 05:37 AM
by silverferro Go to last post

From The