Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
DVD Maker crashees... by Pasi
Hi! I've RC2 VIsta and every time when I'm trying make DVD it crashes... or stop responding without any error code... I can add video file but when I click next when ready burn disc menu is coming then it says that dvd maker has stopped working...??
October 30th 06 10:38 PM
by Alec Go to last post
1 204
Cannot record sound via mic by Jeff
I am having trouble recording sound. When I use the front mic jack on my Dell 9150 I can record sound (but the video in my screen captures is bad - removing the mic means clean video). However, when I use the mic jack in the back of the computer (integrated sound card) the computer will not recognize the mic and I see in my device manager an "unknown device." Sound works fine (I can hear...
October 31st 06 12:40 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 190
Bug in Windows Media Center?!?! by Mike Williams
On build 5600 (RC1) I only see the text "Windows Media Center". "Ivica Petrovic" wrote in message ... Ok, let's try this one: Start Windows Media Center, go to Settings, General, Windows Media Center Setup, Configure Your TV or Monitor. On next screen go to watch video button, and click on middle icon on...
October 31st 06 04:01 AM
by tacwalker Go to last post
2 206
Motorola Mpx220 by Phantom_JK
I can setup a partnership with Vista RC2 on my Mpx220 in sync center, but media player 11 simply cannot see my phone, hence cannot sync. Is this by design or do I need to do something else?
November 1st 06 12:56 AM
by Phantom_JK Go to last post
0 224
Buy? The Factory CD in drive by Steve Urbach
Is this just greed of the Music Industry or Stupidity? Insert a factory pressed CD into the drive and play (NOT RIP) in Media player. Move Mouse over the Album art in the Play List and up comes a "Buy" button. What the F is this thing in my drive, A turnip? The law says *I* can play this thing as many times as *I* can until it is worn out. I have 40 year old Vinyl, never once did my Turntable ...
November 1st 06 09:55 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
6 479
Mission impossible: audio/video synchronization by Roof Fiddler
I've been watching some Channel 9 interviews with Vista programmers who are proud about the new "glitch-free" multimedia playback in Vista. So, do the programmers have any plans to ever actually synchronize the audio and video playback, or am I doomed to be forever stuck watching video that gets several seconds out of sync almost immediately if I play the video while my system is busy doing...
November 1st 06 08:21 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
0 211
Audio only, no video, in WMP on RC2 by Roof Fiddler
When I open an .avi file, WMP ways "Acquiring codec..." for a few seconds and then begins playing the file. The audio plays fine, but the video is absent; I just get WMP's fancy dancing colors which indicate there's no video. When I go to file/properties in WMP, it shows the length correctly, but says "Media type: Audio", and it lists no bit rate, video codec, or even audio codec. I do...
November 1st 06 10:09 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
3 209
Sample Images by Ryan
Wondering if anyone knows where the sample picture, 'dock.jpg' was taken.
November 2nd 06 03:58 PM
by Nidge35 Go to last post
1 296
Vista RC1 MCE - No sound recorded when waking from sleep by Joe Chapman
Hi, I'm running Vista RC1 and when it wakes from sleep to record TV, it records the picture but no sound. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to resolve it?
November 2nd 06 06:58 PM
by Deka Go to last post
1 392
DVD Emulator by Luis Carlos Delgado (Costa Rica)
Hello: Do you people know which software can run on Windows Vista to emulate a CD/DVD volume and load .iso images? I tried Daemon Tools, but it doesn't run on Vista RC2. Thanks.
November 2nd 06 10:28 PM
by Luis Carlos Delgado (Costa Rica) Go to last post
4 244
My Worldwide Billboard/PR Web Radio Interview by Kenny Love
My Worldwide Billboard/PR Web Radio Interview My worldwide radio interview via the new international Billboard/PR Web music industry newswire that was conducted on yesterday can now be heard at http://prwebpodcast.com/releases/pod466569.htm It is available in several formats, is brief, and the subject is "The B# Newsletter."
November 3rd 06 10:21 AM
by Kenny Love Go to last post
0 274
Media Center insists on infrared device - why?... by Tim Payne
I can't bypass the infrared controller check in TV setup. If I want to watch TV from my WinTV PVR2 USB (hooked to satellite) on my laptop, why do I need an IR controller? Has anyone found a workaround?
November 4th 06 01:05 PM
by Tim Payne Go to last post
2 119
Installed Vista - LOST SOUND by pete
I installed Vista - I lost all sound. Is there something I can do to get my sound back? Or is this normal with Vista? I've lost the abilty to watch any video web feeds as well. In summary, I have Vista...I have lost all multimedia capabilities. So far, regarding my experience with Vista, I am disappointed and
November 4th 06 01:13 PM
by pete Go to last post
2 165
Vista back to xp by Michael Alden
Okay when i installed vista i did a Custom install. it moved xp to windows.old and vista as the main one, i thought i was making a dual boot. I have vista on the C: and windows.old still there I WANT TO REVERT BACK TO XP; how hard will this be, it seems that I will have to boot up with a live cd of linux or some other live cd delete vista rename windows.old to windows then change the...
November 4th 06 04:01 PM
by Confucious Go to last post
2 166
MSN Video Doesn't Play! by cfj2222
Using WIndows Vista RC1, IE 7, and WMP 11, Whenever I go to MSN Video and try to play a clip, it will play the first advertisement fine, then say it's loading the main video. But the video will never load and MSN video skips through the cached videos over and over and over. No video ever plays. Is this an isolated problem?
November 5th 06 12:59 AM
by cfj2222 Go to last post
0 216
RAW Photo Files by Colin Grant
What is the recommended way to view/convert RAW photo files in Vista please? And I cannot afford Photoshop :-) Thanks Colin
November 5th 06 02:26 PM
by niocliK Go to last post
4 410
No sound in Vista RC1 by vasu
I had an oppotunity to test Vista RC1. I installed it on a system which is with Asus mobo (A7N266VM) with Nvidia chipset, Integrated NVIDIA GeForce2 graphics core, with 6 channel audio ALC650 audio module and AMD Athlon 2000 with 512 MB RAM . I wanted to test on a low end system to see how the Vista behaves on a system with minimum requirement. The Installation was smooth without any...
November 5th 06 03:50 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
2 252
5728 Photo Gallery error by jwardl
I just loaded a new hard drive with Build 5728, and am having problems with Photo Gallery. I've tried different photos from various sources, and while I can see the "thumbnails", double-clicking on ANY of them gives me the forever-spinning Vista wait-wheel. SOMETIMES, I'll get a message stating, "This picture can't be displayed. You might not have enough memory available. Close some...
November 5th 06 07:44 PM
by jwardl Go to last post
0 184
Controlling mute or line out in Vista by Jay
I am having the very same issue. I have my tv sound going into my computer ot play over the speakers. Vista has no way to mute line in that i can see. Anyone ??? "Alec" wrote: That didnt help...I guess they all work. I get audio from all the connections. but in xp you could mute line out so u didnt have to hear it yet it went thru your soundcard and provided audio to the
November 5th 06 09:38 PM
by Jay Go to last post
0 154
Transfering pictures from Mobile phone by Nigel S
since I upgraded to RC1 I can no longer transfer pictures from my Sony-Ericsson phone, the PC-Suite will not install on Vista. It worked fine on XP pro as did the syncronisation with outlook. Sony say they won't have vista ready software until Late 2007. The instalation stops with a 1303 Error, saying the installer has insuficient privledges, log on as administrator.
November 6th 06 06:49 AM
by Could microsoft help us Go to last post

From The