Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Volume Mixer renders incorrectly in RTM by Jan Wagner
Hi, in the RTM of Vista I'm getting a garbled up Volume Mixer i.e. the one from right-click in icon tray and Open Volume Mixer. Disabled Aero, no difference. Sometimes the sliders have a kind of black background around them, sometimes especially with the vertical scroll for "Applications" visible all application icons and the sliders just draw completely jumbled, a mess. Anyone know if...
December 5th 06 03:37 PM
by Jan Wagner Go to last post
0 215
sound control by olli
hello, big problem: my pc is always connected to my video recorder. when my wife watches a movie i get the sound on my speakers... i have to switch off the complete sound in the taskbar. even when i go to the device control and pull down the volume at the line-in panel - nothing happens. please give me back the old mixer where i have all devices...mic, line in, stereo mix and so one.... with a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 06 05:07 PM
by Jon Go to last post
13 592
Get WMP in Vista Business N by Bas
My copy of Vista (Business N) doesn't have WMP installed, which ofcourse is understandable since after all, that's what the N does. But I'd really like to play some music anyway, and I can't find a download anywhere, where should I go?
December 5th 06 07:35 PM
by Ice Go to last post
1 261
DVD Maker - PAL conversion needs improvement by Dave Nuttall
I made a PAL DVD from NTSC DV-AVI source, edited in Movie Maker, by reading the projects into DVD Maker. The image quality is excellent, but the video in scenes with significant movement is jumpy - with about two jumps per second. It almost looks like 5 frames are being dropped every half-second. The audio is OK. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft...
December 5th 06 07:50 PM
by Dave Nuttall Go to last post
0 216
Photo Gallery - How to save tags and rating in files by ChrisKK
Started using photo gallery today, very nice indeed ... Is it possible to save the tags and ratings in the files instead of a separate database? Something like the "apply media information changes" function for the windows media player library ... I would like to keep the tags and ratings when importing them on another computer. Best regards
December 6th 06 03:34 AM
by Andrew Shuttleworth Go to last post
1 156
December 6th 06 07:23 AM
by rtc Go to last post
0 134
Screen saver is running during playback in WMP by Jordan
I have Windows Vista x86 Ultimate. In WMP the box "allow screen saver during playback" is cleared. There is no problems with it, until I start Windows media center. After closing WMC, and start WMP some movie or music, directly after 10 minutes starts screensaver :( :( :( I have to restart the PC to fix the problem, until next start of WMCenter. Please, help me!
December 6th 06 11:21 AM
by Jordan Go to last post
2 151
December 6th 06 01:08 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 132
Alternate "Recorded TV" source by Jon Davis
I want to make Media Center (in Vista) to use a different directory than C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV. How do I do this? I do NOT want to use the "Videos" option in Media Center, I want the "Recorded TV" to point to the Recorded TV directory of my XP MCE server on my high-speed LAN with meta info and all. I have already scoured RegEdit.exe for C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV. No change in there...
December 6th 06 07:05 PM
by Jon Davis Go to last post
5 153
Help! by mathomas84
I would like to know how to get my cd info to match my cd? I recently perchased the Ciara cd and when I put the cd in it reads as Brian Mcknight. Can anyone tell me how to get this to change. Thanks, Needing help.
December 6th 06 08:17 PM
by mathomas84 Go to last post
0 321
Programatically modifying image metadata by Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]
This sample code doesn't seem to work: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/system.windows.media.imaging.bitmapframe.createinplacebitmapmetadatawriter.aspx It executes without error, but modifications to the metadata do not seem to persist to disk. Reading the metadata works perfectly, but changes to the metadata just don't seem to stick. Does anybody know how can I programmatically...
December 7th 06 02:33 PM
by Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider] Go to last post
1 152
Using DVD maker without a physical DVD by Roof Fiddler
Can Windows DVD Maker in Vista output an image file of a DVD, or output VOB files, or can it only write its output directly to a DVD burner? If it can only output to a burner, then are there any burner emulators which can redirect DVD Maker's output to an image file? I have dozens of AVI files which I need to batch convert to DVD images or VOB files and then burn them to physical discs after...
December 7th 06 06:51 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
0 126
AVI files play fine in media player, but jerky in movie maker by Roof Fiddler
When I record a DV stream from my camcorder using windows movie maker, the preview in movie maker is jerky, but the recorded AVI file is smooth when played back in media player. It's jerky when played back in movie maker. Why?
December 7th 06 06:57 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
0 178
Full screen preview in movie maker? by Roof Fiddler
When capturing a DV stream from my camcorder, how do I get movie maker to display the preview in full screen mode?
December 7th 06 07:00 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
0 129
DVD Maker Menu Styles... by PapaJohn
The animated DVD menu styles are great, but hard to see how nice they are without using some animation. I just embedded a YouTube playlist into my Vista DVD Maker page... which shows the openings of 20 DVDs I made from 4 movies and 2 PS3 stories to illustrate each of the styles. -- website references are to www.papajohn.org
December 7th 06 11:30 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
0 127
No delete image option for images on memory card by chris.mccreery
I am trying to import images to my computer, and they successfully import but there is no option to "delete from device". I can see it in the advanced otpions to "always delete from device" but it never delete items. Also when in Computer Removable Disk(e:) there is not option in the context menu(right click) to delete or cut files. I have checked the lock option on the memory card itself...
December 8th 06 03:30 PM
by chris.mccreery Go to last post
0 140
cannot burn audio cd by Chad
I am trying to burn audio cd (not mp3 / data) but it is giving the error shown http://www.talkjesus.com/wma.gif I have Vista Ultimate RTM installed / WMP 11 I simply formatted the cd, did a drag / drop from explorer to WMP and clicked burn, that's where it gave the error.
December 8th 06 06:02 PM
by Chad Go to last post
0 170
how I can play a dv on vista by Gustavo
I cannot play any dvd using the Vista RC1.How can I solve the problem? Gustavo
December 9th 06 01:35 PM
by jai Go to last post
3 204
For the life of me by Ice
I cannot find a DVD editor/creator that will take any movie file such as .avi or .wmv, and turn it into a dvd complete with title everything that is compatible with vista. I've tried 3 programs, and all of them have crashed. (an example being Roxio MyDvd v.8) Does anyone know of some compatible software?
December 9th 06 03:09 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
3 160
Cant connect WMP11 to XBox 360 by Glorioso
I've had it working, but now i cant connect, the WMP recongnize the 360 but the 360 dont connect to the computer, any clues? -- RCosta 4ever
December 9th 06 05:02 PM
by Glorioso Go to last post

From The