Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Couldnt make the sound work by Shaun H'ng
Just upgraded to vista home premium. Everything works fine except of my sound. Ive tried all the drivers but nothing seem to work. My computer uses Conexant AC Link 2 Channel Audio. After installing it says 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)' and i check for solution but nothing came up. Help!
March 4th 07 10:02 PM
by Larry L Go to last post
2 151
my dvd player wont work by CVMAY85
I just got this band new computer a few weeks ago. It came with Windows Vista. I watched two dvds on it a few days ago and I'm trying to watch one again and now it says I don't have the decoder. It came pre- installed. WHERE DID IT GO? Please help me. I'm not very "computer smart". I just want to watch DVDs.
March 4th 07 04:18 AM
by CVMAY85 Go to last post
0 162
Slow Tag Addition by bobneedshelp
I have my photos saved on a NAS device. I wanted to add tags via Windows Explorer. I select 10 photos (5.6MB) and add 2 tags. It then takes about 4 minutes to add the tags. Any idea how to speed this up? -- Bob
March 4th 07 09:38 AM
by bobneedshelp Go to last post
0 143
"Changing media" - never plays the next track by CKone
I've had a problem with WMP whereby it claims it is "changing media" but never starts playing. Unlike other users, I don't have any options which can be turned off in my driver setting that I can see. Running Win Vista Business, using nVidia Audio card (can get details if that is of any use). David
March 4th 07 02:35 PM
by CKone Go to last post
0 172
Media Center unwanted library objects! by Watki
I have a few questions about MC in Vista x64: *Whenever I open the MC video library my system drive (C:) and the Vista example video files in Documents are there even though I haven't selected them. Is there any way to remove them? I can't find them in the Library options in MC or WMP11, also "Recorded TV" keeps reappearing in WMP11 library. *Is it possible to view the "control bar" as in...
March 5th 07 01:01 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
1 164
Vista DVD Maker by WEBCRZN
I have Vists Home Premium installed and tried to burn a DVD composition in DVD Maker. When I try to burn, there is no DVD drive to select from. I checked in Device Manager and both my DVD drives are listed and working properly. I have a blank DVD disk loaded in both drives. Would appreciate any help.
March 5th 07 12:10 PM
by Puppy Breath Go to last post
1 177
WMP11 Playback Frequency by andrew64
When I playback music (mp3; not sure about wma) in Windows Media Player 11, it plays back at a higher pitch. The playback is faster and vocals are higher, etc. I'm assuming this is a playback frequency problem? I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate x64. Has anyone else had this problem? How can this issue be resolved? Bad codec? Hardware problem? I've tried to adjust the "Playback Speed", it is set...
March 5th 07 02:03 AM
by andrew64 Go to last post
0 155
Vista + laptop + LCD screen by Adrien Reboisson
I have currently the same problem tprevioulsy posted on thiese newsgroups : "I have a second VGA monitor attached to the laptop, and most of the time it acts just as that (I've already upgraded the ATI drivers for Vista). What will happen is that if I put the computer to sleep and close the lid, when I wake it back up it will revert to the 2nd monitor and make that my main one, without...
March 5th 07 03:20 PM
by Dana Cline - MVP Go to last post
1 148
Sound skips in Vista Ultimate DVD Maker by Jim B
I ve created a DVD show composed of 80 pictures, and addes some songs from my song library. When I play the DVD show on my computer, the songs "skip" each time a slide changes.. I have a Intel Core2Duo machine with two gigs of Ram. Does anyone know what might be causiing this problem?
March 5th 07 02:04 PM
by Jim B Go to last post
0 154
Vista, WMP11, Sync to Device Storage Card by ken98045
Under XP I had no problem using WMP11 to sync music files to my smartphone (Blackjack) 2 gig storage card. Under Vista I can use Explorer to read/write to the storage card. However WMP will not recognize or list the storage card as a destination for syncs. The storage card isn't listed and can't be encouraged to list it. I know that many other people are having this problem as well. I've...
March 4th 07 12:10 AM
by ken98045 Go to last post
0 155
How to: Open one instance of MS Photo Gallery by Full Time Lurker
When browsing photos in a folder, each time I click on a jpg, it creates another instance of Photo Gallery. Any place in setup to just replace the one I have open with the next one? I used Windows Picture and Fax viewer under XP and it worked that way. Thanks for the reponse.
March 3rd 07 11:40 PM
by Full Time Lurker Go to last post
0 142
Media player won't open by T5
Home premium, wireless network amd athlon 64bit dual core 3800+ asus A8N-E all drivers present and correct I cannot open Media player either normally or as administrator. All files are in correct location but I cannot even setup media player as I get a message telling me that it is already installed
March 4th 07 06:58 AM
by T5 Go to last post
3 156
no preview thumb for pictures by [email protected]
no preview thumb for pictures in my vista homebasic, anyone can help me! thanks!!
March 4th 07 08:34 AM
by benson Go to last post
5 184
downloading picutres by corinne
my pictures are over 2mb, i need to make them under 600k, how do i do that?
March 3rd 07 11:46 PM
by Ron K. Go to last post
5 146
How to retrieve an original scan before it was cropped by helplessly lost
Help, I just cropped a picture containing other valuable proofs and now I'm left with only my cropped image and I can't find the original. Did I lose it forever? I had hit "apply" then print and now the original is lost? Anyone know how I can find it?
March 5th 07 01:01 AM
by helplessly lost Go to last post
2 137
Photo import not flexible enough?! by jimmy fallon
When I insert a photo chip, I only have an opportunity to tag ALL the pictures on the chip. Whereas on xp I could put a check mark next to the ones I want to import. Lots of people have lots of different subject photos on the chip. SHouldn't I be able to put a check mark next to the ones I want to import and tag? Does anyone else think this is clunky? And shouldn't i be able to choose the...
March 4th 07 01:52 AM
by Josh Mac Go to last post
1 160
Windows Vista, nVidia & Media Issues by Jason
I'm having a problem with my PC since installing Windows Vista (Ultimate 64-bit). It seems there are serious issues with media playback, so much so that whenever I try to watch a video my system dies, whenever I try to run the performance evaluator and the system gets to media playback evaluation, it dies and whatever I try to burn video to DVD, the system dies. Sometimes I get lucky and...
March 4th 07 02:42 AM
by Mark Go to last post
5 156
MM6 SONIC ERROR by tfinc90
Whenever I import a .dvr-ms into Movie Maker 6 I immediatly get an error message saying: "An installation package for the product Sonic CinePlayer Decoder Pack cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package." The video's will not play in MM6. I have an HP computer. If I go to the Sonic Decoder site it says that it is not yet Vista compatible. 1st -...
March 4th 07 04:23 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 163
Toolbars always visible in media center full-screen by VistaHawk
Windows Vista Ultimate Media Center: When media center is maximised to full-screen the toolbars are always on screen. When restored down the tool bars correctly only appear with mouse movement. How can I make the toolbars go away in full screen mode? It's distracting when watching recorded tv.
March 4th 07 09:10 PM
by VistaHawk Go to last post
1 161
No Audio on Transferred Videos by YoungS
I have spent two hours (twice now) transferring videos from my HDD camera to this new computer and I can't get sound! The error message tells me that Roxio doesn't allow sound and I need to spend another $70 to upgrade to a program that will allow me to hear my children on the video. What's the deal? My XP software worked fine right out of the box. I can't get any of the programs on this...
March 5th 07 05:16 PM
by YoungS Go to last post

From The