Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Null Playlist by acts1810
My Windows Media Player 11 lists a playlist without a name. I cannot add songs to it, rename it, or delete it. It is not represented among the files in the "My Playlists" folder. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. Is it supposed to be there?
October 8th 07 02:24 AM
by acts1810 Go to last post
1 72
Windows Media Player by Adam
Hi All, Why when you close Media player half way through a DVIX or XVID does the sound still play. Ctrl-Alt-Del shows as a process still.??? Is it the codecs causeing this or Media Palyer.??? Cheers anyone
May 23rd 07 09:26 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 89
Real Player by Adam
Does anyone know of a Real Player version that works in Vista 64Bit. Cheers
May 23rd 07 09:08 PM
by Adam Go to last post
0 79
WMP opening up when i dont want it to. by ADAM
when i hit the "play/pause" button on my keyboard. WMP 11 always opens up. how can i stop it from doing this
June 12th 07 01:20 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 145
Movie Maker crashes with timeline by Adam
Running Vista Home Premium, with the built in Movie Maker ver. 6. After dragging an AVI clip to the storyboard, in timeline mode, the moviemaker crashes if I try to do anythingwith it. The message is: "Data Extraction Prevention stopped the program..." When I tried to change the DEP settings to allow running the program, I was not permitted. On some other occasions there is another...
July 3rd 08 07:38 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 179
MC Crashes When Burning Recorded TV Shows by Adam (UK)
Hi All, Had Vista about a month now and am actually pretty impressed. I've just started playing with MC and find that when I try to burn a recorded show to DVD it stops responding. This happens after selecting between video DVD and data DVD, I select video DVD and then click next and nothing happens, it just stops. Anyone else had this problem or know of a workaround, or better, what I'm
June 2nd 07 03:13 PM
by jsahula Go to last post
1 100
Film Strip Option by Adam Albright
Vista no longer has the filmstrip option like XP did. I recall some asking here or maybe it was in another group or forum. Anyhow for those interested in regaining that option you can if you download XnView, one of my favorite thumbnailer/viewer/players/converter applications. The option to make a film strip is under Tools... create a strip which can be any folder either vertically or...
October 19th 07 10:00 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
0 75
Tip for budding video artists... making slide shows. learn from the master by Adam Albright
Public television stations (in USA) are starting to air the latest Ken Burns documentary. Check local listings for times. Some should be on tonight. This one is on WWII. If you want vivid examples of the effect that bares his name, ie the Ken Burns effect (how to slowly pan/zoom a still image to bring it to life (great for slideshows) watch the expert in action....
September 25th 07 12:15 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
0 95
Understanding Photo Gallery and how to use it alone and in combination with Windows Explorer by Adam Albright
It seems a lot of people are getting confused with how to use Photo Galley properly. It can be both a blessing and a curse DEPENDING on HOW you use it if you don't understand HOW it works. Remember Photo Galley is PRIMARALLY designed as a graphic search engine/thumbnail viewer that can be used to sort and display graphic material on your system REGARDLESS where supported file types are located....
August 18th 07 05:13 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
0 85
Very weird DVD Burning problem by Adam Albright
This got me stumped. I've burned over a 1,000 DVDs and aside from the usual bad media once in awhile just doing a reburn was the cure. Not this time. I've just tried my 4th burn all fail at the same point. Background: I had a short home brew vid than runs about 12 minutes. I placed it and five others on the same DVD. Both the DVD Authoring software and DVD burning software say all files are...
July 23rd 07 06:39 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
5 108
Good News for video fans, Microsoft has something new.... by Adam Albright
I've been a critic of Movie Maker. Sometimes a harsh critic, but Microsoft FINALLY did something right. For the last couple months Microsoft has had something new in the works called Expression Media Encoder. While no Vegas, it is a leap forward. Yep, a leap, not just a step. Before anybody gets too excited it still is a BETA and to get a copy you need to jump through a couple hoops. You need to...
July 19th 07 02:47 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
0 105
When Movie Maker isn't enough... by Adam Albright
Many times Movie Maker just can't cut it. You know that. I've made suggestions in the past, but perhaps you don't want to invest more money to get something better. Two applications anyone seriously into making videos should have, both free, one you may know about, the other you may not have heard of and surprise, it's also from Microsoft, but tucked away in some dark corner of their...
July 1st 07 08:33 PM
by Mac Go to last post
2 93
Help! Can no longer upload my photos by Adam C
I use windows photo gallery to upload and manage my digital photos while I'm on a long trip around SE Asia. Today something suddenly went wrong anfd it refuses to download any further photos. I just keep getting this error message: 'the system cannot find the path specified'. Does anyone know what I can do about this?
August 20th 07 03:04 AM
by Adam C Go to last post
0 89
Media Player Starts Automatically, All the time by adam.hodge
On my Vista box media player is starting in the background without being asked. How can I prevent this? It starts up and sucks cpu. Also, sometimes when I exit media player, the process remains. thanks!
July 27th 07 12:12 AM
by TEK![_2_] Go to last post
4 80
Kodak C913 by Adamon
I have seen many posts about this but Yeah . The prblem I am having seems to be different than the others imo. I connect my USB card tothe camera/computer and *NOTHING* happens. I have the software from the EasyShare website, and yes my camera is on, The thing is my computer doesn't seem to even reognize that the USB cord s connected
May 30th 09 01:12 AM
by wholeratmob Go to last post
1 212
Media center or explorer fails to explere folders which contains v by Adams
Media center or explorer fails to explere folders which contains video files. This is really big problem. I can not browse folders that includes video files. Explorer restarts itself. And Rundll32 also makes problem. Please help.
March 21st 08 03:55 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 89
transferring music from my vista laptop to my sony w980i mobile by AdamSmith1976UK
when my music has copied to my phone a lot of the track names and artists are showing as unknown how do i correct this? The cd's ripped were original and not copies. -- Adam in Manchester UK
November 5th 08 03:12 AM
by Jaffa1978 Go to last post
1 104
Transporting from XP to Vista. by adamswife
I need to transport photos from my desktop computer that uses XP, to my Notebook that uses Vista. via a flash drive Although the pictures transport ok, the titles I have given to each photo in XP has disappeared. Is there any other way I can transport the pictures that will also transport all other information. The 2 computers are not connected in any way. do I need to do this? -- Senior...
July 30th 08 06:45 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 220
Analog capture card by Adam[_13_]
I have an analog capture card, and am wondering what the optimal specs (frame rate, resolution) for capturing video would be, both for S-Video and the Red-White-Yellow cables. Thank you in advance for your help. - Adam
May 5th 09 09:20 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
9 397
PICTURE VIEWING by ADCTVE
I CANT SEE MY PICTURES IN MY FOLDER UNLESS I DOUBLE CLICK THE FILE(S) I WISH TO SEE? WHERE AS I USE TO BE ABLE TO SEE THEM ALL AT ONCE WITHOUT DOUBLE CLICKING IT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME SET IT BACK UP TO NORMAL FOR WINDOWS VISTA?????
December 1st 07 11:12 AM
by Jume Go to last post

From The