Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Poor intermitttent network performance, etc., etc. by [email protected]
We have a 100mps ethernet network with two machines running Vista Ultimate SP1, etc. For some time, both machine have been experiencing very slow internet performance even though we have cable at 20mps. It has been slower than dial up at times. Called the ISP and they had me jump through some hoops, didn't help.
December 7th 08 02:17 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 217
Remote Access & Terminal Serv Trouble. by WWDoT Computers
I have tried to connect to my server via Remote Desktop. I am running VSTA ULT on my laptop and SVR 2003 on the server. I get an error EVERY TIME I TRY: "The remote session was disconnected because the Terminal Server client access license stord on this computer has been modified." I have another server that i connect to fine.
April 9th 08 07:27 PM
by WWDoT Computers[_2_] Go to last post
2 306
After waking from hybernation no internet? by WWJD
I have the same problem also. I have a Belkin router, as like you, all hardware and no software. In RC1 I had no problems connecting, although I had to use my second LAN port rather than my first one. In RC2 its a whole slew of problems, I have to continuously go back and forth between 1 and 2 (yes, crawl on my hands and knees and reach into my computer to change the plug. It keeps detecting...
October 11th 06 08:14 AM
by WWJD Go to last post
0 316
Vista Sleep Problem / Network Problem by WWJD
When I try to put Vista to Sleep, it'll shut down everything and go to sleep, and for a split second it'll sleep, but then only right after that "wake back up" and bring me back to the welcome page. Is there any fix to this? I didn't have this problem before... I think this has been mentioned, but I am having problems having Vista detect Networks. I have already set them all up etc, but...
October 11th 06 08:17 AM
by WWJD Go to last post
0 359
AIRGCFG.EXE by wyldthng18
So I recently installed service pack 3 for XP and now I'm having a similar issue. I realize I'm posing on a Vista forum but might there be any work arounds for XP?? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Wyldthng18 -- wyldthng18
August 29th 08 12:41 PM
by edsilva7 Go to last post
4 315
Why can't Vista see other computers by Wyman[_2_]
I may have hijacked another post with my problem and I do apologize so I'll start a new topic. I'm having trouble getting my Vista Ultimate desktop to see the XP machines and vice versa. The XPs see each other fine. I'll copy and paste all the info I'm sure you'll need below but let me say right now that the browstat wouldn't run on the Vista PC. When I opened to text file it was empty. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 17th 08 02:38 AM
by Chuck [MVP] Go to last post
21 553
"More data is available than can be returned by Windows" by wyocowboy
While troubleshooting a networking problem on a Vista Business machine, I went to a cmd prompt and typed "net view" and after displaying only 2 of the machines known to be on the network, it displays "More data is available than can be returned by Windows." Googling uncovers a few references to Win2K on Microsoft websites, but the information provided is useless... "The action required...
April 27th 07 04:30 PM
by wyocowboy Go to last post
1 189
Stalling on boot when mapped drives inaccesable by Wyrmul
I have a few laptops part of our domain. They are connected to a few network printers and mapped to a few shares. When the laptops are connected to the domain network they boot just fine. But when they are unconnected to the network the time from power on to login screen triples. And the time from login to functioning desktop also triples. I am thinking that this is a timeout issue where...
October 24th 09 01:51 PM
by Alan Biddle Go to last post
6 278
home network access Vista Public folder from XP problem by Wytze
Hi, Got stuck with the home network. This is the situation: Vista = XP: works as expected, can access shared XP folders from Vista. XP = Vista: no way Jose: On the XP machine, I can see in Entire network / Microsoft Windows Network the workgroup I use. When I open that workgroup, I see the various PCs on my home network, including the Vista (Ultimate) one. From the XP machine, I can click...
August 25th 07 08:10 PM
by Chuck [MVP] Go to last post
4 141
Firewall Service Cannot Start When Not Connected to Domain by W[_2_]
We have a Vista Ultimate installation with all service packs installed. Both the local security policy and the domain policy after joining a domain have the reserved accounts NETWORK SERVICE and LOCAL SERVICE configured to start as a service. If we disconnect the notebook from the domain and restart it, the Windows Firewall service refuses to start. All attempts to manage the firewall...
November 21st 09 04:25 AM
by W[_2_] Go to last post
0 167
Firewall Service Cannot Start When Not Connected to Domain by W[_2_]
We have a Vista Ultimate installation with all service packs installed. Both the local security policy and the domain policy after joining a domain have the reserved accounts NETWORK SERVICE and LOCAL SERVICE configured to start as a service. If we disconnect the notebook from the domain and restart it, the Windows Firewall service refuses to start. All attempts to manage the firewall...
November 24th 09 02:26 AM
by W[_2_] Go to last post
8 255
Don't use Vista by x1a4
Just some of the multitude and ever growing reasons not to use Vista. Government agency tells schools to shun Vista http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39285414,00.htm IBM will not use Windows Vista - but will move to Linux desktops http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/5436/ Long list of Vista bugs
February 9th 07 10:15 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
2 249
Don't use Vista by x1a4
http://badvista.fsf.org/ “Vista is an upsell masquerading as an upgrade. It is an overall regression when you look at the most important aspect of owning and using a computer: your control over what it does. Obviously MS Windows is already proprietary and very restrictive, and *well worth rejecting*. But the new *'features' in Vista are a Trojan Horse* to smuggle in even more restrictions....
January 28th 07 11:14 AM
by Byron Hinson Go to last post
6 266
windows vista not detect my network hardware by x3m_ed
this problem has been haunting me for a few months until now. it happened a few times before and now it happens again but i cant still connect to the internet after a few days of configuring here and there. im running on windows vista ultimate installed in my desktop. it seems that every time i woke the pc up from sleep or turned it on after shut down (but not for restart), vista seemed not...
May 20th 08 06:48 AM
by Dave Griffiths Go to last post
1 220
HOW to get LLTD working in SP3 under 2 minutes flat. by X3S
------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit http://www.vistax64.com/showthread.php?t=173205 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Question: Who Thisnks MVPs are deserve theire title - YEs they know a lot about widoes and worked hard for that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 25th 09 11:50 PM
by jamunrl Go to last post
10 542
Wireless Lag by x64
Hello, I am currently running RC1 and I am connected to my wireless network, it seems to work well while surfing the web and downloading files, but gaming thats a different story. When I load a any online multiplayer game and start to play, at first it seems to be working just as it did in Windows XP. But after about 3 or 4 minuets I notice a gap in my connection casuing lag that makes me...
October 10th 06 12:34 AM
by x64 Go to last post
0 310
Printer Share Errors by x64headache
Sorry double posted -- x64headache ------------------------------------------------------------------------ x64headache's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100831.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-network/1185848.htm http://forums.techarena.in
May 24th 09 06:55 PM
by x64headache Go to last post
0 351
problemas red local by Xavier
Tengo mi ordenador antiguo con XP y mi nuevo ordenador con vista conectados en una red local. Si ejecuto RED veo el ordenador XP pero cuando intento acceder a sus carpetas compartidas no me deja. He estado revisando la configuración de nombres y direcciones IP y todo es correcto. ¿Que más puedo hacer?
April 23rd 08 08:01 PM
by autoca Go to last post
1 185
VHP and Windows Server 2000 by Xaxxibabe
Hi, I have 5 new Vista Home premium computers that I am having difficulty networking to my server (Windows 2000 server) and also I'm having difficulty having the vista computers communicate with each other. Already know not to set it as a domain through active directory, they are already set as WORKGROUP and I'm still having difficulty. Thanks In Advance!
March 27th 08 05:39 PM
by JRTouch95684 Go to last post
2 184
Bluetooth internet access by Xchief222
I have a bluetooth dongle installed, I can share files between my Palm PDA and the PC but can not access the Internet through my broadband connection. Can't find how to allow internet connection sharing under Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated
March 8th 07 07:35 PM
by Xchief222 Go to last post

From The