Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
WI FI printer does not communicate after recent updates by kevens9
I put off installing Microsoft updaties for my vista as I always lose my printer when I do. I have a WI FI Lexmark 6570 that was printing like a charm until yesterday when I allowed updates to be installed. Now I have had to uninstall and reinstall 3 times. Finally it recognizes the printer but the speed is near snail. A monk would write faster than the printer. Suggestions on regaining the...
February 5th 08 01:09 AM
by kevens9 Go to last post
0 242
Why wont it print big fonts?? by FR3SH
im trying to print big fonts for my project but it wont print out it prints a blank page
June 10th 07 09:24 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 177
WHY WON'T IT PRINT????!!!!??? by Megan
I made 2 new files in my microsoft spread sheet. i had window xp and i upgraded today to vista and my printer won't print the files i made in my spread sheet. i had the printer before when i was with xp. so can someone help e with why it won't print?
May 31st 07 04:44 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 4
Why not allow user to add folders, move and organize faxes by Blue Max
Why not allow the user to add folders to 'Windows Fax and Scan' and then allow them to move and organize sent and received faxes? Better yet, why not let view the fax log and archive fax messages in Outlook 2007? Make Outlook a central repository for all forms of communication.
May 17th 07 11:54 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 164
Why No Scanner Wizard? by J
I'm not talking about the setup Wizard, but the REAL Fax & Scanner Wizard in XP that allowed preview, setting dpi, designating file name and location. I have a good scanner, but it was programmed to work best through the Wizard. Why would Microsoft elminate this feature? What can I do?
March 19th 08 01:07 AM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
1 291
why my lexmark printer wont scan by cbeard2
i have a lexmark x4270 3 in 1 and my printer wont scan is it compatible with vista -- cbeard2
October 15th 08 05:55 AM
by Truetech Go to last post
9 415
Why is there an extra blank page that comes out of my HP 4M with e by Boomer[_2_]
Why is there an extra blank page that comes out of my HP 4M with every page printed. If I print a 4 page document, 4 blank pages come out, one blank right after every page. This only happens when I ask to print from my Vista machine, my printer is plugged into my network and is controlled by an XP machine. When I print from my portable (XP) or my other computer (another XP) everything is OK,...
September 11th 07 03:58 PM
by Francis4344 Go to last post
2 153
Why is FAXing so poor in Vista Ultimate? by David Sommers
So why is Faxing so poor in Vista Ultimate? My notebook running XP HOME SP2 does a much better job. I'm trying to FAX scanned documents, not use the new mail-like editor to create a text document. I have no trouble scanning in the document, and it looks great in the preview. The new FAX editor then supposedly attaches the scanned image to this new FAX e-mail like message and I try to send...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 07 02:30 PM
by David Sommers Go to last post
15 471
Why I can't modify printer preferences by Marcos Orozco
My sistem is: Windows Vista with update up tu date. and I can't modify the printer preferences for any printer (numbre of copies, color or black&withe, orientation paper, typo of paper, etc.). not inside Ofiice or another app. not in printer configuration, and my user have all rigth as administrator. Wath coan I do?
July 30th 08 07:55 PM
by susanz Go to last post
2 336
Why does my network printer disappear? by DPSR
I am using Windows Vista 32 on my new laptop. I have just purchased an HP Photosmart C6180 all-in-one and successfully installed and printed from it through my home network - but only for a few days at a time! Every few days it disappears from the list in Control PanelPrinters, and also does not appear in the printer choice box in Word. I have reinstalled it by using the supplied CD and also...
December 4th 07 05:05 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 1,783
Why does my driver dissappear when I shut off my laptop? by mrnormal
I own a Compac Presario C5020US laptop loaded with Vista Basic. I installed the driver for my HP Photosmart C3180 all-in-one printer from HP's website and it wiorked just fine. However, when I turn off my laptop then turn it on again later, the driver is absent. When I turn the printer on, my laptop starts loading the driver anew. This takes several minutes. After installation, the printer...
January 31st 08 04:40 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 166
why does my computer print multiple copies? by Deke
Im using an epson pm4000px (Japanese version of the stylus photo2200 on a usb print server. when Itry to print photos, for some reason it likes to print the page 2 or 3 times. I checked the event viewer and came up with this "The print spooler failed to verify printer driver package EPSON PM-4000PX for environment Windows NT x86. Win32 system error code 2 (0x2). This can occur after an...
April 11th 07 11:39 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 286
Why does Business computer print pages wrong way up? by Viv
I have a Vista Business computer which, when I try to print using the auto-duplex unit on my HP Business Inkjet 1000 printer prints the second page upside down, whether I check the Flip Pages Up box or leave it unchecked. I do not have this problem on my Vista Home computer which uses the auto-duplex unit correctly. For some reason it looks as if the printer drivers on the two computers are...
April 22nd 09 06:04 PM
by Viv Go to last post
5 245
Why can't I get HP Image Zone to work with Vista? by mei
I have a new laptop with Vista and I want to use the same HP Image Zone that I had on my old computer. My printer is an HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One and the scanning feature is very important to me. I have the program software that came with the printer, but my computer will not allow it to be installed. I need some sort of "key" passwords. If I can't use my ImageZone, what scanning...
February 12th 08 12:45 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 296
Why can't I fax scanned documents? by deko
I have Vista Ultimate and a new USRobotics PCI FaxModem. WFS faxing works fine if I compose the content of the fax in the WFS New Fax editor window and then click send. But if I try to insert an attachment - a PDF or TIFF document created with my Microtek scanner - the fax fails with an "Invalid Data" error message. Is my scanner creating a file that WFS cannot render? Or is there some...
July 1st 08 06:14 AM
by Sinner Go to last post
6 333
Why can one Vista machine print on XP printer but not another? by Greg
Up until now have had XP desktop connected to internet and Vista laptop connected to it with crossover cable. Vista laptop has been able to run the XP machine's non-vista compatible HP officejet printer over the network. Now we have connected a new Vista desktop to the network, and made it the primary machine, connected to the internet, with the XP desktop and Vista laptop connected to it with a...
July 19th 07 06:53 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 171
why are all prints too light only when printing with windows photogallery? by [email protected]
There is no problem with settings, etc. on printer (another computer prints fine with this canon printer, as well as all other photo editing software, other programs and also perfect when printing from internet) It was working fine until i went on vacation, came back and now the images come out REALLY light and washed out. the only thing i can think of that might have changed some kind of setting...
August 3rd 08 08:01 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 304
Which Printers have Vista-compatible Drivers? by AllanF
I'm in need of a new printer/multi-function for home. I haven't selected a brand. Is there any way that I can find whether the drivers will operate under Vista RC1? I can't find a manufacturer who's web-site lists downloadable drivers for Vista (Beta or otherwise). Any help will be appreciated.
October 13th 06 01:18 PM
by AllanF Go to last post
4 606
Which driver for HP Deskjet 3820? by Adam Lipscombe
I am trying to install a deskjet 3820. I have no Vista CD because the PC came with Vista Home pre-installed. The HP support site says there is no Vista driver for this printer and tells me to use a desket 970cse driver that is built into Vista. I have tried to install the printer as a 970cse but when I select the that printer the installation wizard prompts me to put a disk in. I have no...
March 26th 08 01:25 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
1 236
Where's the body of the fax? by mrmanfam[_3_]
When I forward a fax as an email, the recipient only receives the first sheet. Similarly, when I use Windows Explorer to find the fax on the "C" drive, when I click on it, again, I only see the first page. Why? -- mrmanfam
September 29th 09 03:48 PM
by mrmanfam[_3_] Go to last post

From The