Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cannot print on network by Kris Brown
I have an odd problem and I cannot find an answer to it. I cannot add my network printer (Samsung CLP-510N) which is connected to the network (by ethernet) and every computer using XP can find easily. On Vista (business) if I go to 'start', than 'network', I see an icon for CLP-510 but I cannot print, or when I go to add printer the CLP-510 does not show up (which is my only printer). Can...
May 18th 07 10:44 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
1 201
Network Printing in VIsta by West
I have solved most of my Vista problems except the one which is the most anoying. I run a small network with 5 XP Pro machines on it. I recently upgraded the one with 2 printers(HP Laserjet 3030 and Epson C82) connected to it to Vista Ultimate x64. I was very impressed that bothe printers installed on the Vista machine and worked well. The problem came when I wanted to install these printers...
May 18th 07 07:43 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 201
I can not create a new network print port on windows vista by fondac
I just brought a new tablet PC from hp (HP tx1000z) and I have difficulties to configure the computer for the IOgear wireless print server (GPSR01U). The Brother printer (MFC-6800) has been working fine for other computers with windows xp through the wireless printer server. The wireless router is working fine for the computer. The problem is window vista doesn't allow me to create a new...
May 18th 07 04:03 AM
by fondac Go to last post
2 189
Printing by Maggie
Recently bought Toshiba laptop - Vista. Have 2 printers, Epson installed fine. Konica Minolta - no go. Tells me it's installed correctly, but each time I request a print, a Dialog Box opens up - 'print to file'. Can't get past that. Does anyone have any advice please
May 18th 07 03:52 AM
by Sam T. Go to last post
3 214
Printers deployed from WS2003 R2 server by NZSchoolTech
Our computers are on a WS2003 domain controller. Using R2 the Pushprinterconnections application pushes down printer connections to XP clients from the server. With a Vista PC joined on, it gets spooler subsystem failures. I understand it is possible that this could be because the drivers are not Vista compatible. How do we get printers that are installed on the servers to have the right...
May 18th 07 12:30 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 228
Viewing thumbnails of fax pages? by Blue Max
Is there a way to view thumbnails of the fax pages in a separate pane? This would give the user a quick overview of the whole fax and hopefully allow us to move, edit, annotate, or delete individual pages?
May 18th 07 12:14 AM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 144
Missing manual recipient input fields in send dialog? by Blue Max
Why aren't there manual input fields for the recipient's company name and fax number in the SEND dialog? As per online help, the user should be able to manually send a fax to a person not listed in their address book, however the standard send dialog is missing the key fields mentioned above. Furthermore, pressing the SEND button displays a 'Check Names' dialog showing that the person is...
May 18th 07 12:12 AM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 183
IE Vista Margins by PA Bear
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan on a hunch via crosspost. -- ~PA Bear Margins wrote: I am trying to set up an Okidata printer and use it with a web based software program that does printing of forms for me. The designer of the software says I need to change my page set up margins in IE 7 and or Vista to a certain number and every time I do it, it prompts...
May 18th 07 12:08 AM
by Margins Go to last post
1 240
Deleting single pages from multi-page attachments? by Blue Max
How do we select and delete individual pages from a multi-page attachment or scanned document?
May 18th 07 12:00 AM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 229
Annotations on scanned documents? by Blue Max
Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned images, or pages of an attached document?
May 17th 07 11:56 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 141
Why not allow user to add folders, move and organize faxes by Blue Max
Why not allow the user to add folders to 'Windows Fax and Scan' and then allow them to move and organize sent and received faxes? Better yet, why not let view the fax log and archive fax messages in Outlook 2007? Make Outlook a central repository for all forms of communication.
May 17th 07 11:54 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 164
Can cover pages be designed in other programs by Blue Max
The 'Cover Page Designer' is pretty rudimentary. Can the user design cover pages in another program that includes rulers, grid snap, and other helpful features? Afterwards, the user could import it into 'Windows Fax and Scan' in order to make minor modifications and add the desired data input fields to the pre-designed cover page.
May 17th 07 11:50 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 174
Allow additions to received fax headers by Blue Max
Why not allow the user to add or modify a sender name, company, or subject on received faxes? Many faxes do not have the sender name, company name, or subject. This would allow the user to make modifications or additions that would allow the user to quickly identify faxes in the fax log.
May 17th 07 11:45 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 158
XP Printer, Access Denied on Vista by To Old To . . .
When I go to install a network printer on a Vista machine, it gives me access denied. The printer is on an XPP. In entworking, I can see the other computers. I can click on the other computers and see the printer. When I try to connect, it gives me an access denied. Any thoughts?
May 17th 07 05:41 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
9 212
HP Photosmart 2575 wont print in IE7 Protected Mode by Randomiser
I have an HP Photosmart 2575 All-in-one printer. It has been printing pages from IE7 with no problems for a couple of months, using the drivers built into Vista Home Premium 32bit. Sometime between about 27th April and 5th May it stopped doing so. Now the print icons appear in the IE7 Statusbar, and then in the System Tray but the printer queue is empty and the printer is not classified as...
May 17th 07 10:05 AM
by Randomiser Go to last post
0 179
Vista Fax Contacts by C2CInfo
Where do I add contacts so they are accessible to send faxes to? I have added them in Windows Contacts and Outlook Business Contacts but the fax contact list is empty when opened through the fax program??? Help
May 17th 07 12:29 AM
by C2CInfo Go to last post
1 239
Prints only when run as administrator by sidi
New windows vista with a KonicaMinolta 2430Dl laser printer. Printer is insntalled but the port defaulted to File. Added a tcp/ip port and i was able to print a test page after the installation. Any document sent to the printer does not print. A test page sent from the properties fails. A test page sent from the properties within the run as administrator section prints fine and fast. If User...
May 16th 07 07:51 PM
by lofty Go to last post
3 270
Printer Error code "0x000003fa" by ksbaird
My Epson RX850 has worked fine for months, it disappeared and now I cannot reinstall it, I get error code "0x000003fa" the scanner works fine however?I have tried to install a different printer and get the same message. I printer works fine on my XP machines.
May 16th 07 07:07 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
1 282
HP Photosmart 7760 by Jose Luis Mateo
Buenas tardes: Perdonad si escribo en castellano (español), pero en ingles me defiendo muy mal. El tema es que tengo una impresora HP Photosmart 7760 que en Windows XP me funcionaba perfectamente y ahora no xonsigo hacerla funcionar en el Vista de 64 bits. A pesar de haber descargado los archivos que me han dicho los de HP.
May 16th 07 06:53 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
1 236
PROBLEM - Photosmart 7150 Install in Vista Home Premium 86x by Mills Architect
I have installed Vista Home Premium 86x Upgrade within the last week. Things went pretty well, but it seems that many drivers didn't automatically install. This was true for my Memorex Traveldrive 1GB flash drive and Olympus Stylus 800 cameras. In each case I had to have the machine first tell there was new hardware, then there were steps to finally actually read the device. The steps were...
May 16th 07 05:33 PM
by Mills Architect Go to last post

From The