Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Acer-Scanner "ScanPrisa 640U" under "Windows Vista Basic" by Stephan Sedelberger
My scanner does no more function under "Vista", because I cannot find/get the necessary driver. Who can help me? Many Thanks!
December 15th 09 04:06 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
2 585
Acrobat Printer by SK
I have trying to install acrobat distiller printer by add new printer and select print to file and drivers as acrobat distiller but when I select the same.. it fail to install the printer and give the error message Printer driver was not installed Operation could not be complete (error 0x00000002) Please help I need this printer or I have to roll back to Windows XP SK
May 23rd 07 04:05 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 165
Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 doesn't print under 64-bit Vi$ta by Man-wai Chang ToDie
Is there a solution other than falling back to version 7? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.12 ^ ^ 22:03:01 up 7 days 12:34 1 user load average: 1.02 1.04 1.00 ºî ´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
January 1st 08 01:28 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie Go to last post
5 267
Acrobat reader crashes when trying to print by cindywads
I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall. I have not been able to print a PDF document with Vista. I do not know what the following means but I am hoping someone else does. I have installed 8.1.1 and continue to get the same problem. Oh, by the way...I keep reporting it but Microsoft doesnt have a solution. Any ideas?? roblem signature Problem Event Name: BEX Application...
November 22nd 07 04:41 AM
by cindywads Go to last post
0 1
Active domain service currently not available by Jo
I get this message while trying to 'Find Printer' in Word 2007. Cant install Epson Stylus 830U printer. Been on Epsom help - say it should be compatible. Tried discs to install, just get 'error printing', so don't think the computer talks to the printer. Toshiba messageboard suggested I just plug it in. When I go to 'Find Printer' the Active domain message is all I get. I don't get the...
June 28th 07 10:02 PM
by Jo Go to last post
2 175
Add a button that will allow you to rotate a fax you are veiwing by William
I often receive faxes that were sent upside down. In the old XP you could click a rotate button and turn it right side up. You can not do this in the fax console that came with Vista Ultimate. Please add this capability. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the...
March 29th 07 12:16 PM
by William Go to last post
0 207
Add A Fax Printer by fredl11
I have Vista ultimate and need to add a Fax printer. HOW?? I see no option under add a Printer
March 3rd 07 06:30 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 214
Add a Network Printer Algorithm by Snake_Driver
Can anyone provide any detail on what algoritm Vista uses when populating the Select a Printer section of the Add Printer window? The window I'm referring to is accessed by going to Control Panel - Add Printer - Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. It appears that it brings back a list of 20 printers that it finds in the in the domain, but I'd like to know how it determines which...
June 10th 08 08:56 PM
by Snake_Driver Go to last post
2 364
Add a printer without admin rights by JerryA
I need to allow students to add a printer at home to their school laptop without giving them admin rights to the local machine. Any ideas?
September 19th 07 06:30 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 182
Add folder, move and organize faxes by Blue Max
Why not allow the user to add folders to 'Windows Fax and Scan' and then allow them to move and organize sent and received faxes? Another better option might be to let the user view the fax log directely from within Outlook 2007 and then allow the user to archive fax messages in Outlook 2007 folders? Thereby, making Outlook a central repository for all forms of communication.
June 7th 07 10:42 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 139
Add Network Printer - Access Denied by BigK
When I try to add a network printer connected to a Windows XP Home machine, I get access denied. Anyone able to overcome this? I'm using 5600 over a Wireless network and a Linksys WRT54G router.
September 27th 06 03:51 PM
by Rick Go to last post
2 672
Add Network Printer - Cannot Access by Mike G
I'm trying to add a network printer driver to a new Vista Client. I can find the printer driver from the Vista client (using network find) but when I try to install it I get an error message that says, "Cannot Access". I can install the printer on XP clients with no problems. Is this a security problem? I have an SBS Windows 2003 Server for my network.
December 1st 07 02:19 PM
by Mike G Go to last post
0 265
Add network printer problem by Ernst - EXE Graphics
When clicking on add network printer the program crashes immediately and returns the following error: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549b091 Fault Module Name: StackHash_9da6 Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
March 23rd 07 04:26 PM
by Dan Janni Go to last post
1 224
Add new printer does not complete by Denny
I receive the message "default printer can't be set". I am trying to add an HP Laserjet 4000 connected to an HP Jet Direct 300x using IP address to select printer in Vista (Business). I can print a test page after printer is created but can't set it as default. Denny
October 24th 07 04:54 PM
by Denny Go to last post
2 286
Add Printer by Jamie
I'm trying to add a network printer in Vista that is a secure printer. I was able to add the printer with XP SP2 on two different computers and now when I try to add the printer, it tells me the printer cannot be found. It is a secure printer, so when I added the printer with XP, a login/password dialog box showed up. Any help would be appreciated. I'm beginning to think this is a bug as...
February 6th 07 12:01 PM
by Brian W Go to last post
3 539
Add Printer Not Working - Vista Home Premium by Rick_Hugh
I have an Epson Stylus c84 Inkjet that, according to the Epson support page, should already have drivers in Vista (I should just be able to plug in the printer, Vista will see it and load the appropriate driver, etc). However, Vista cannot find the correct driver and asks for the original driver CD, to which I try anyway and it still does not work. I contacted Epson who suggested I try and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 10 07:22 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
17 971
Add Printer on Vista x64 installed on XP x86 by ginster
Hello :), I have a few pcs networked together. All are running Xp x86(using windows firewall) and have a different printer installed on each. I recently added a Vista x64 pc to the mix, it has no printer connect directly to it, and it can access all the other pcs from it(file sharing is good, same workgroup). My problems is that I cannot print from the Vista x64 system to any of the other Xp...
June 29th 08 09:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 352
Add printer problem by JerG
I have an HP 7410 attached to a XP Home computer. I also have a Vsta Ultimate computer on which I am attempting to add the HP printer through the network option. The Vista drivers have been added to the Vista computer. I've tried every suggestion on this site with no success. Each time I can see the XP printer but I get an error screen, "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation...
April 24th 07 08:30 PM
by JerG Go to last post
3 277
Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista by Waikei
I tried to add a local printer many times but keep receivinf error 0x000006be. The spooler will then stop and require manually start up. I am using Window Vista. Anybody can help me what's done wrong? -- Waikei
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 2nd 08 04:49 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
11 410
Add Printer wizard does not start in vista by msd
I have a 32bit vista ultimate and I can't fire the wizard to add a printer. it doesn't start at all, or even give an error. When I try firing from the command line, i get this error: - "Error loading printui.dll. A dll initialization routine failed". I tried changing the printui.dll to no avail. I ran the command line "sfc /scannow" which logs the following in the CBS.log file:
April 20th 09 07:31 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post

From The