Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
new problem receiving faxes get error message by Amanda
I am having a problem recently with the fax program in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have been using the program for some time without problem, this has just cropped up. I have the program set to manually receive faxes, and when I answer the phone and hear a fax tone I click on receive fax now, and when I hear the program make it's squeal I can hang up and the program will receive the fax....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 09 05:25 PM
by Amanda Go to last post
14 680
Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder by seb111
When trying to launch win fax & scan I get an error: "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder ..." The MyDocuments folder is in my F: drive partition. I'd like to keep it there since that where I store my data files for back-up, but I'm willing to create another Documents folder where fax & scan can access it. Please advise.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 08 11:02 PM
by Jasonw[_3_] Go to last post
14 733
Citizen printer PN48 by leotheman
I have small notebook printer Citizen PN48. The driver is available in windows XP, but not in the list in Vista Home Premium. I was told, that the driver that works with NT will work with Vista. I need to get "inf" printer file for PN48, but I couldnt find one. Whatever I tried to get from Internet, was without "inf" file and I cant install it. Please help me, I do not wish to spend $200-300 for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 6th 08 03:49 AM
by leotheman Go to last post
14 777
Fax and Scan by Stang Cobra 04
When I had a computer meltdown, I upgraded from XP to a computer with Vista Home Premium edition. I spent the extra money only to lose an important feature, the ability to send faxes and to scan with my HP All-in-one psc 2410. I do not want to upgrade to Ultimate and pay for a bunch of features I don't want and would not use. Microsoft should give a lot of thought to selling Fax and Scan...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 09 11:02 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
14 862
How to: Copy/restore faxes from one Vista PC to a new one? by SuperFreak[_5_]
After a HD crash I reinstalled Vista, but I can't copy/restore/move my faxes (both Inbox and Sent Items) from the older machine to a freshly installed Vista machine. It's quite annoying that it was not possible to move faxes from my old XP machine to a new Vista Ultimate PC. But it's a pain in the butt that I also can't move my later Vista faxes to a new Vista machine. Can anyone help how to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 08 04:18 PM
by SuperFreak[_5_] Go to last post
14 987
Printer communication system stopped working by JoeyJ
I'm running a dell laptop with a Vista 32 OS using a wireless connection to a dell printer. I downloaded the newest Dell Vista 32 printer drivers and within 15 minutes of start-up the computer will display a Microsoft message "Printer communication system stopped working and was closed." It then goes on to advise "A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 09 07:20 AM
by pugh2313 Go to last post
14 570
Sending Docs by Vista Fax stopped working by traveller_agr
Hi, I have been 'happily' using Vista(32) fax to send word docs and pdf's. Tried today and got this message when trying to send a word document. "This fax cannot be sent at this time. Please launch the compose form from Windows fax and scan and click on New Fax to attach this document to send out as fax." Polite and simple, so I tried it. And got "The message could not be sent. The data is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 23rd 09 08:46 AM
by Archie Holton Go to last post
14 779
Windows Fax and Scan (WFS) can't use Outlook 2007 Contacts by tempelife
System: Vista Ultimate x64 Office Ultimate 2007 w/ BCM "Windows Fax and Scan" (WFS) does not allow me to choose Outlook Contacts in order to populate the fax number field. WFS is using Windows Contact instead Outlook Contacts. I've tried everything of which I could think, and read every forum I could find on the web.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 09 08:09 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook][_2_] Go to last post
14 501
Canon i560 via network by OzBoy
I am wondering if someone can help me. If I connect my Vista x64 directly to the Canon i560 printer the drivers load and I can use the printer perfectly. However my printer resides connected to a XP sp2 32bit system and when I try to connect to it via the network I get message stating that the driver being sent to it is not the correct driver and then it gives me an option to browse to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 4th 09 12:08 PM
by Tecfan[_5_] Go to last post
14 550
Printing from Vista to network Printer on XP by gary
Can a PC running Vista Home Basic wirelessly print to a printer connected to another computer on a home network that is running XP? If so, How do I set it up. Nothing I have tried works. Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 09 04:09 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
14 625
Connecting a Vista machine to a printer shared on an XP machine. by Michael in Ohio
I am experiencing the same conditions as many others. I'd like to work through it with someone if there is anyone who can help. I have a new laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a desktop with Windows XP SR2 with an HP5510 printer connected to it. All my other XP computers can connect to it and install the printer. The Vista machine can see the printer, but will receive an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 08 12:12 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
14 428
Suddenly Can't Print .. no clue why by Snuffy2
So I've got a problem I just don't know how to resolve or further debug. I've got a Thinkpad Laptop running Vista x64 Ultimate. I reinstalled the OS ~3 weeks ago and installed my print drivers. I have 2 network printers and I also use doPDF to create PDFs. All of these were working just fine. Today they are not printing correctly, but not in a way I can figure out. Applications give me an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 25th 09 01:01 AM
by JayRFisher Go to last post
14 753
Vista printing to shared XP printer by Michael
Configuration: HP Laptop with Vista Home Premium, Compaq desktop with XP home and Epson Rx500 USB printer shared, Dell desktop with XP home. All in same WORKGROUP. Symptom: XP systems print to RX500 OK. When adding printer to Vista, sees RX500 but get error message after "Connecting to RX500" box. Error messsage says Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied. Thanks for your...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 09 09:09 PM
by Kenyan_Geek Go to last post
14 854
Cant Receive Faxes: by ADH
Have Vista Ultimate installed and installed a Fax modem. Set it up using the Windows Fax and Scan program. Am able to send but have not been able to receive any faxes even though it shows Hello, Ringing- The call was answered as a fax-Receiving page1. Goes on forever like this without receiving the message.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 08 05:24 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
13 402
Vista Drivers Print the Square Number of Copies Requested by adamsr2
I have a HP deskjet 970Cse. HP has not released a full featured driver for Vista. Instead they suggest using the driver Vista will assign. I notice on Print Shop 21 and 22 it print the square number of the copies I request, 4 for 2, 36 for 6. This doesn't happen in other programs that I have found yet, like Word or Excel. It doesn't happen if I use a HP 1300 or HP 1500 with regular full...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 07 08:43 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
13 617
Vista spooler problem by wyocowboy
A customer brought their Lenovo laptop w/VHP installed because her HPOJ 7110 printer had disappeared. Thinking that she needed to do so, she clicked the Add Printer button and got "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running." The spooler can then be restarted, and clicking the Add Printer button gets "Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 08 07:56 AM
by Paul[_9_] Go to last post
13 442
Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic by JohnH[_2_]
First install caused stopped spooler. Got spooler running ok with sc-config command. Then reinstall with driver cjrx1100en from Lexmark. Now printer prints ok, but can't scan. All in one page won't come up-error message lxbkaiox.exe stopped. Same printer is installed on another machine running Vista Home Premium, works fine . JohnH
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 08 06:24 PM
by salomon Go to last post
13 1,307
Printer is not detected by Craig008
I have just got myself a canon pixma ip4300 and followed all of the installation instructions and when it gets to the point where i have to switch it on and connect it, vista says it cannot find any drivers and the installtion programme says 'the printer is not detected. chack the connection' i have tryed 2 cables and two different USB ports with no joy, has anybody had the same problem, any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 07 11:40 AM
by Jim Keaney Go to last post
13 275
compatability with Vista by Angels3bmd
I am buying a Laptop and would like to get Vista on it but I am worried that it will not be compatable with other computers without it or my printer (Lexmark 4300 all in one). Previously my scanner was not compatable with XP.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 07 05:58 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
13 495
Anyone have any info of HP Vista support for 5470C scanner? by Barry Watzman
Title says it all: Does anyone have any information on what support there will or will not be for the HP 5470C scanner (and 5490C ... same scanner with ADF)? Also, the HP Photosmart 7350 inkjet printer?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 06 03:55 PM
by Barry Watzman Go to last post

From The