Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Printers stop working by Dan@Cornetser
I have a new Dell with Windows Vista Business installed. I set it up to connect to the network printers and everything was fully operational. I was printing fine on 2/15/08. I came into work this morning 2/19/08 and when I try to print I get a message saying unable to print. I get the same message with 2 different canon printers and 1 hp laserjet printer. I tried removing the printer and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 08 11:55 AM
by Jose Go to last post
11 476
Error message 0x000003e3 by PM
I have a base computer in my network that is attached to a Brother MFC-7420 printer, but now I'm trying to add a laptop to network so that I can share the printer. When I try to add the printer, I have to do it manually by browsing and finding the printer icon in my base computer. When I connect to it, it tells me I must download a driver but when I tell it to download the driver I get an...
February 25th 08 10:44 AM
by Beyer Didier Go to last post
6 348
Print Server on Vista Business x64 by jpieples
I have an HP laptop with vista business 64bit on it, and for the life of me I cannot seem to get it to work with any hardware printserver out there. I have tried a netgear one I use on an older printer of mine, and a brand new Linksys WPSM54G. The linksys says that it cant work with this operating system when I try to configure it, but linksys' website says otherwise. Any help?
February 25th 08 01:14 AM
by DaveHawkins Go to last post
1 321
Vista Home Premium and scanning by Deelite
I just got a new HP Pavillion Elite m9040n computer, am hooked up to HP 2610 All in one printer, and cannot scan since I am now using Vista Home Premium. Have all the upgrades to the HP all in one, driver, etc. If I can't scan, will there be a service package 2 coming out since it seems Vista and my scanner are not compatible? Thanks...
February 24th 08 10:37 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 410
Vista Ultimate sees Canon LIDE 30 but can't install Vista driver by Frank Vogel
I am running Vista Ultimate with a Canon LIDE30 USB scanner. On the Canon site there's a compatible driver for download and also a de installer prog. No matter what but when i install the correct driver the scanner can't be installed with it. When i try Veu scan it is done in a jiffy. HELP!!
February 23rd 08 03:59 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 245
Trouble getting Konica Minolta PagePro 1350w to work with vista x6 by lclemjr
I have a laser printer I like to use with windows, but I can't get my printer driver to work w/Vista x64. Konica site has no drivers for vista, 32 or 64 bit, and not sure if they ever will. Any help will be very appreciated.
February 23rd 08 06:44 AM
by longvale Go to last post
2 706
Vista Printing to Shared XP Printer by Jeff Scott
I am running into a problem where I have an XP machine that has a Dell Photo 720 printer attached to it via USB. I have been able to print to this shared printer on the XP machine from a new tablet running Vista for quite awhile, and then it suddenly stopped printing (while I can still print from the XP machine). I have downloaded the Vista driver from Dell, and installed it but it still...
February 22nd 08 07:21 PM
by Jeff Scott Go to last post
0 271
HP Printers and Vista do not play nice by pete
For crying out loud...can we talk about HP printers please? I can print a test page...but no color...HP DesignJet 9650 and HP DesignJet 500 (large format printer)...I've got over $3,000 in my printers, so don't suggest buying "Epson" as a solution. Vista is NOT ready to go...it ain't even close. "Gadgets" are real neat...but I need to load AutoCAD 2004 and my HP printer drivers and get back...
February 22nd 08 05:51 AM
by Bill Go to last post
9 620
HP7210 doesn't print graphics by CoreyMiller
My HP OfficeJet 7210 All-in-One does not print graphics consistently...and usually not at all. I have three Vista machines connected via a simple home network. I have all the most recent HP drivers installed . The same problem exists for all three Vista machines. The printing behavior is that when the page is being printed, the printer will pause at that point where the graphic is to be...
February 22nd 08 02:59 AM
by CoreyMiller Go to last post
0 245
Script message by NancyK
Every time I try to print out a certain email I get the script error message - I have tried a few things but it doesn't work - I see someone wrote in press the win key - what and where is that? Thanks for your help. Nancy
February 21st 08 10:06 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 298
annoying pop up message for C4280 all in one by [email protected]
Though my printer is C4280 all in one, I keep getting pop up messages that tell me to align my C4200 (dfferent model #). I have done this many times and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software. This goes on all during the day. Please tell my how to stop it. CJ
February 21st 08 09:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 244
MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor by PA Bear
Why do you think MS is the responsible party? Why are you posting your questions in Windows Update newsgroup? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.net/ mongoose wrote: same senerio with me. running vista and got the hp photosmart 7180
February 21st 08 11:13 AM
by michael Go to last post
5 192
Printer Queue Stuck by Printer Queue Stuck
I've tried to delete a print job that was not working, but after deleting, it has been stuck in the queue for two days. I can't uninstall and re-install the printer until the job is totally deleted. Have I encountered a "Catch 22"?
February 21st 08 06:36 AM
by sonia mclintock[_2_] Go to last post
3 261
scanner HP PSC 2510 doesn't work on Vista by Luc
Hi. With Vista, HP PSC 2510 printer works well. However, the HP sofware for the scanner cannot be installed on Vista. Is there any workaround or new HP software to install and run the scanner of the HP PSC 2510 material ? Thanks. Luc
February 20th 08 09:42 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 2,161
Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope) by KTinTC
I have an HP Pavilion a6110n PC and HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One Printer. Works (Version 8.5) came with the computer. I also have the Hallmark Studio Card Program 2007 (for Vista). I am trying to print half-fold greeting card envelopes (8.5" w x 5.5" l and 8.75" w x 5.75" w) and have been unsuccessful. I have gone thru the motions of creating a "custom size" envelope (the Windows...
February 20th 08 06:01 PM
by Timnum Go to last post
7 356
Can't print microsoft word documents by Gene
I can't print ms word documents. I have a Lexmark all-in-one printer; I thought it was the problem, so I bought another printer. Same problem: prints email, web pages but not ms word documents. HELP!
February 20th 08 03:40 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 187
HP PSC 2210 all-in-one + Print Server scanning issues by dx2[_2_]
I have the Linksys Print Server, and the HP PSC 2210 all-in-one in Vista 64x. I've been trying to install this through the print server to scan, but I can't. I have the CD, and I try to "Add Device" in the scanner and cameras, but it won't work. I tried adding the default scanner that is there, then putting the TCP/IP Port, but it won't detect it. When I connect it to the USB, it works perfectly,...
February 20th 08 03:38 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 257
HP DJ450 won't print by Alexandr Klein
Hi, i have problem with HP Deskjet 450 under Vista Home Premium. Printer is installed by Vista, everything looks ok, but i can't print. When i want to print Test page, only row of 2-20 smilies is coming out in best case and print job shows error . When i ask HP, they say Microsoft is responsible for drivers. Microsoft says i should ask HP. I slowly begin to be annoyed. Have bought short...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 08 11:08 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
20 314
Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64 by Rednut05[_2_]
Now I'm 90% sure that this is a no go, but I'd like to rack the brains of you Vistax64.com people before I totally give up. The print server - Linksys PSUS4. The operating system - Vista 64. Now Linksys haven't officially made this compatible with Vista 64, but is there anyway around this. The drivers and firmware were last updated back in 03/04 and obviously Vista is new since then.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 08 05:02 PM
by KeesH[_2_] Go to last post
18 485
Vista spooler problem by wyocowboy
A customer brought their Lenovo laptop w/VHP installed because her HPOJ 7110 printer had disappeared. Thinking that she needed to do so, she clicked the Add Printer button and got "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running." The spooler can then be restarted, and clicking the Add Printer button gets "Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 08 07:56 AM
by Paul[_9_] Go to last post

From The