Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista by Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl
I have a client who has two computers - one Vista based and the other XP. Printing directly from XP to the printer works as required. Recently she has been unable to print anything in black from the Vista (home edition) computer. When trying to print a test page just the coloured logo prints. Black does print when using the nozzle check and alignment utilities.
January 27th 08 11:37 AM
by henio Go to last post
8 237
Microsoft 8 by ball197
I am having trouble trying to print templates from Microsoft 8. Can anyone help me? -- Gary Ball
January 26th 08 09:52 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 254
remote connection by Geoff Kidd
Hi Using vista to connect remotely to sbs 2003 but printers do not connect, drivers are loaded on sbs. Using xp client to connect no problem. Do you have to allow remote printing in vista somewhere or create a share ? -- Geoff Kidd
January 26th 08 01:05 PM
by Geoff Kidd Go to last post
0 276
Print wizard differences by Charles Shapiro
Hello. I am trying to get a Vista Laptop to print to a XP desktop. It appears instead of setting it up as a network printer, I install as local printer and use UNC naming(\\computername\printername) to connect to the printer. The problem I have it that Vista isn't consistent in it's add a printer wizard or there is something wrong with this laptop. On my Vista Ultimate when I go to add a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 08 12:03 AM
by Charles Shapiro Go to last post
12 883
HP PSC 1610 All-in-One by Jricks
I have HP Pavilion dv 6000 with Vista and I'm able to use my printing function of my HP printer, however my scanning option does not work. It gives me the error of: This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and this version of Hewlett-Packard Printer. This program was created by Hewlett-Packard...
January 25th 08 10:40 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 323
Printer Offline Problem by Harry
Windows updates within last week are taking my HP photosmart C7280 offline. I use the wireless capability. I have tried both resore and add printer. Updates start the whole scenario all over again. What update can I block? -- Harry
January 25th 08 06:54 PM
by Harry Go to last post
0 204
When is someone going to make a vista driver for the Canon Multipass C75 (or C755 in the U.S.)? by Victor
I'm not going to throw it away. Can't someone do something about this? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
January 25th 08 03:39 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 255
custom forms in vista by amit p[_2_]
I am using an Epson Lq-300+ dot matrix printer in Windows Vista. I am trying to print bills sized 12in by 6in. I added the custom paper size in the print server and it is saved correctly, however, when I try to print, the print properties dialog does not show the paper size. In fact, there are many paper sizes in the print manager that do not show up in the list of available paper sizes.
January 25th 08 03:37 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 360
Increase number of rings by Westward
How do I increase the number of rings when sending a fax, before Windows terminates the fax and considers it to have failed? THX
January 25th 08 11:05 AM
by thompa[_3_] Go to last post
2 219
Vista Windows Fax & Scan by Kate M
I am trying to access Windows Fax & Scan through Start - All Programs, but it doesn't seem to be there - I have Vista Home Premium. Any ideas on whereelse I can find it or where I can download it from? Thanks!
January 25th 08 09:58 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie Go to last post
7 272
Vista IE7 won't print by Just Plain Rick
I can't print from IE7 using Vista Home Premium. I was able to print using XPS doc writer. Now even XPS won't print to hardware. All other apps work fine. Any helpful suggestions -- Thats my story and I''m sticking to it.
January 25th 08 01:14 AM
by VegasDood Go to last post
4 5
cant print from webpage by tom
I just got a notebook with vista on it I can print photos and word documents fine but cant print anything from the web I/E7 is the only browser on this machine
January 25th 08 01:05 AM
by VegasDood Go to last post
2 184
Cannot set network printer as the default by Chicago484
Vista Business does not allow me to set any of our 5 network printers as the default printer. I am a member of the administrative group. I can choose one of the network printers as a printer in most programs when I print but, in Excel, only the local printers (microsoft fax and adobe acrobat) show up as choices and it still won't allow me to set a network printer as a default. We have 10...
January 24th 08 09:58 PM
by GaryB[_2_] Go to last post
2 130
How do you send a fax in Vista Business ? by Mikeds47
I have created a fax as, I have always done in Windows and it is sitting on my screen showing Pending. I can 'Pause' it and make it 'Pending' but it won't send. My configuration confirms that a modem is recognised and OK, but how do I actually sent it. It has been sat on my computer for about 6 hours and it has not attempted to send or even tell me that it has failed ! Windows XP worked OK, bit...
January 24th 08 09:38 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 215
Printer/photo and scanner compatibility by Valerie
My printer and scanner are HP....they are not compatible with Vista...does this mean I have to buy XP or new hardware? Can I get XP in trade for Vista? Don't know what to do....HELP?? -- Valerie
January 24th 08 09:07 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 184
Vista drivers for ipp on W2K3 server?? by David Boyer
We have a Windows 2003 Enterprise server hosting an ipp site for all of our campus printers, and we're familiar with adding drivers for the various Windows platforms so clients can easily install the printers. Is there a way to add Vista drivers to the W2K3 server so that Vista clients can also easily install the ipp printers? TIA!
January 24th 08 07:40 PM
by David Boyer Go to last post
0 180
Can't connect to network printer but Vista has drivers. by LaureynsR
Hi, I'm a little frustrated, I just upgraded my workstation to Vista Ultimate 64bit and tried to connect to my Brother MFC-6800 which is on my Windows Home Server. I tried to browse to the printer and connect and the system adds the printer but has an error that the driver for that printer are not available. I went to Brothers site and they say the drivers should be available in Vista....
January 24th 08 05:19 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 328
SBS 2003 - Default Printer on Vista by LMI
I just added a Vista PC to my SBS network, however what I notice that when I login with my user name, i see my default printer change from my network printer to another printer. However, when I go into the control panel Printer Section........and try to rest the default printer back to the network printer it will not allow me to, also if i delete that network printer and re-install it it...
January 24th 08 01:11 PM
by LMI Go to last post
0 223
Word 2003 wont print wireless by Ageingrodder
I recently purchased two Dell laptops which made me switch to Vista Home version. At the same time I also installed a wireless system. Nothing like asking for problems. Other than a few "bumps" in the road, everything seems to be working okay except I can't print Word from my laptop to my printer wirelessly. Explorer and other programs such as Excell and Outlook seem to work fine. I...
January 24th 08 04:47 AM
by Ageingrodder Go to last post
2 323
Network Problem - Vista Home Premium and HP OfficeJet G85 by Bill
It appears that my printer is properly installed on my Fujitsu A6110 running Vista Home Premium, but whenever I try to print over my network I get a print error. The printer works fine when directly connected to my Fujitsu A6110 laptop, but not over my home network. I have two other computers connected to the network, both run XP. Any ideas? -- Bill
January 24th 08 04:20 AM
by Bill Go to last post

From The