Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Stretched fax Tif images by Anderson[_2_]
Hi All, I receive faxes using Microsoft Fax. These faxes are stored as TIF files. When I view a received fax TIF file in Vista "Windows Photo Gallery", the fax appears to be correct. However, when I click print, the print preview is stretched out of proportion. The actual physical printout is also stretched. I can open the file in "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" and the image is already...
July 31st 09 10:37 PM
by skymckinney Go to last post
2 402
Control panel shows 3 printers when I have only 1 by tryingtolearrn
I recently installed a printer, a Dell v305w & it I did a little print job & also scanned a document which I emailed. Everything went fine. Last night I tried to print a document and it wouldn't print. Now I look in the control panel under printers & it shows my v305 PLUS M/S office doc image writer AND M/S XPS doc writer. I googled these & sort of get an idea why they showed up suddenly BUT...
September 2nd 09 02:10 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 535
HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem by atharsagri
Hi, I was using Win XP Prof. SP3 and the above printer. Everything was OK. After I shifted to Win Vista my printing problem started. While installing the printer in Vista, it detected automatically and installed with limited feature. When I wanted to print photos in wallet size on A6 card it is not printing and displaying paper size error. When I checked in the printer properties, it is...
September 7th 09 07:32 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 403
Printers Visible in Office but Not Internet Explorer by jcbender
::My wife’s laptop has an interesting issue. If you go to Control Panel | Printers, no printers show, not even Fax or the Windows XPS Document Writer. The other is a Shared Printer on my Vista Desktop 32 bit. The other Vista Desktop 64 bit see all printers fine and the other laptop, but not this laptop. :: ::Interestingly enough, Microsoft Office 2007 applications see the printers and can...
October 2nd 09 02:26 AM
by lemur Go to last post
2 382
Adding network printer using wizard by Lushington
I'm probably missing something very obvious, but ... I have an HP Laserjet connected to an XP Pro sp3 box. It is shared and usable by other XP boxes over the network. I have a Vista 64 Home Premium sp2 box that is connected to the network. File sharing works OK between XP and Vista boxes. I want to print to the laser from the Vista box, so I go to Printers Add a Printer Add a network,...
October 9th 09 05:48 AM
by Eric Shune Go to last post
2 438
Optimal PrinterSettings Within Vista? by DaveGF
I am using Vista SP1 with an Epson RX595 printer. I am an architectural photographer, and was truly stunned by the quality of the prints I was seeing until I recently did a clean install of Vista. Using the exact same photograph, same paper, with the same settings in the Epson printer software.....apples to apples........there is now a noticeable difference in the print quality. Coarser, and...
October 11th 09 05:57 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 535
Vista Fax Settings - Unable to name a save location for received fax by SysOpNC
Using Vista Business sp2 Windows Fax and Scan service automatic and running Brother MFC-8220 multifunction Send and receive work OK I am unable to save a copy of the incoming faxes to my desktop. This function is usually available at: ToolsFax SettingsGeneralMore OptionsSave a copy to:
October 14th 09 09:26 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
2 478
Windows Fax and Scan by grosales
Don't send but receives OK. I tried everything I know, which aint much... I always get:"Can not be send the media is write protected"Help please Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
October 19th 09 08:33 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
2 543
Can't print to shared printer by [email protected]
Hi, I can't print to a shared printer in Vista Home Basic. All PC's in the network are Vista, are set up correctly, have the same workgroup, have password protected sharing turned off, etc. I can see the printer on the network and can even double click on it, but when I try printing to it, it just doesn't print! Only printing from the host PC works, not from any network clients.
October 22nd 09 12:58 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 674
Printing in Oulook 2003 by vze2mp9g
Hi, I'm running Vista Ultimate SP2 installed. I have MS Office 2003 Premium installed. I have a HP 3800dn color printer with Vista 32 printer drivers from HP installed. When I display an e-mail in the full page mode, when I go to print to e-mail, it only prints the header (From: Sent: To: Subject:). I tried changing to the default printer HP 3800 with the same problems. Has anyone else had this...
August 30th 09 01:55 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 351
Lexmark z705 test print but won't print by jagman319
I try everything i can. I re-intalled the driver. check the cable with no luck. It will print a test page fine, but will not print documents from msworks. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICIATED -- jagman319
August 20th 09 08:49 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 3
Remote printing using HP P1505 by huffnpuff
Trying to print from remote computer on my local printer. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit system installed on my HP home computer. The remote computer is using Windows XP. I installed drivers as per IT instructions and printer worked at that time. Shut down my computer and when I went back in to remote was again unable to print. Any help would be appreciated.
September 22nd 09 10:16 PM
by pengally Go to last post
2 412
Printing problem between 32 and 64 bit systems by Foo52
I am in need of some help, I have been unsuccessful in getting my laptop which is running Vista Home Premium 32-bit to successfully send documents to my printer (HP Photosmart C6280) that is connected via USB to my desktop, running the 64 bit version of Vista Home Premium. I looked at the printer settings on the 64 bit machine, and found the window to install additional drivers but am unable to...
July 19th 09 09:20 PM
by jodancer Go to last post
2 308
Windows Fax and Scan cannot access documents by rlane3907
I've read the previous posts on this, but still can't resolve my problem in running WFS. Does the document folder need to be on the "D" drive? My D drive is my HP recovery drive and I really don't want to mess with that. I did have a folder called "Documents" at c:\, but I moved it inside another folder but no change. THis is very exasperating and I can't believe something like this keeps the...
July 3rd 09 08:27 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook][_2_] Go to last post
2 325
Canon 4200F does not work on Vista by MamboKnave
On 26 Giu, 06:06, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" wrote: Did you also download and install the DelDrv from the Canon website?http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=... -- Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Technologies *- Printing & Imaginghttp://www.coribright.com/windows Thanks for asking. First, I installed both ScanGear and Toolbox without running...
July 1st 09 04:26 PM
by MamboKnave Go to last post
2 270
Unable to use fax server by adityasharma
Hi I am using windows server 2008's fax server and would like to use it from a client(vista Ultimate) machine. I have added the server in the fax accounts, but whenever try to send a fax to the server, it says " could not find the contact in the outlook". Well, firstly, I don't want to use outlook. Secondly, I am typing in the server's name in the 'to' field. I know that is wrong and tried...
July 28th 09 02:19 PM
by adityasharma Go to last post
2 306
Printing two copies on one page by robbiejedi
G'day all, I'm attempting to get Windows Vista's print settings to allow me to print two copies of the one print job on the one page. The problem is that every printer I've used does the same thing: prints two half size jobs on two separate pages. Is there some hidden setting or variable I can modify to print the two copies on the one page? I have tried setting the print settings to print two...
August 17th 09 11:54 PM
by Tom from WI[_2_] Go to last post
2 314
hp all in one c6380 wireless printing by beech129
I have a dell inspiron 1545 with Vista Home Premium Serv pack 1.  I have an HP all in one c6380 working fine with my linksys router.  Then one day I could not print anymore.  Printer said off line when looking at the printers from control panel.  I have other laptops that print fine.  I have tried to delete the printer and reinstall, this has worked in the...
August 21st 09 06:54 PM
by beech129 Go to last post
2 344
Outlook 2007 Contacts in Windows Fax and Scan by Eduardo Macias
Hello, I have MS Outlook 2007 as my default for everything it can be set as default in the "Set you Default Programs" When I open Windows Fax and Scan, I can only see contacts from Windows Contacts. I cannot see any of the Outlook Address Books. How can I see my Outlook Contacts? I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 and Outlook 2007 SP2.
August 19th 09 11:05 PM
by Eduardo Macias Go to last post
2 252
Using a script to set the default printer at start up after adding it by SlickRCBD
How do I set the default printer using a batch file? Due to problems with a win98se printer share that ONLY happens with Vista 64 HP, I need to reinstall the printer every time I reboot. With help in previous posts, I have the following technically two-line batch file so far: rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /n "hp812c" /c\\GATEWAY rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP812c"...
October 28th 09 03:50 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post

From The