Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista logon with smart card on local pc by Michele
My aim is clear, i want to use the enhanced security of the smart card for accessing to a local pc instead of using the usual weak username and password. I know well that to perform this task is easy if you are connected to a domain. When you are connected to a domain you can request a certificate for Vista logon and once obtained you can use the group policy that require smart card for...
June 6th 08 03:54 AM
by Steve Riley [MSFT] Go to last post
1 162
dear; i wanna your help and supports with my issue , i am 23 years by johnnn
dear; i am master in WGA(Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage) Validation Tool /program and Genuine Microsoft Software, MPA(Microsoft Product Activation), WPA(Windows Product Activation) and Genuine Validation of Microsoft Softwares, Office Genuine Advantage, if you have any concern about it please feel free to e-mail me at my address i wanna your help and supports with...
June 6th 08 01:28 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
5 175
Problem due to worm! by BillyJay
I can't see hidden files due to a worm. I delete this worm but the problem is remaining! What can i do for this?
June 6th 08 12:36 AM
by FromTheRafters Go to last post
4 172
Windows Vista Home Premium security - Spybot or Lavasoft Adaware? by Trish
Hi, there is so much information out there and different reviewers offer different suggestions. So what does Microsoft suggest? When I was using XP I had Lavasoft Adaware Personal 2007 and it worked fine. I have heard that Spybot is also good. I understand my system comes with Windows Defender (is that correct) but perhaps I need something else ??? Many thanks. -- Trish
June 5th 08 11:53 PM
by farbuncle Go to last post
3 188
administrator og sikkerhet by Gjest
hei. how can i get started , when i have forgoten my password to log on to my administrator konto? is there something i can do? mvh. camilla
June 5th 08 11:27 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 186
desktop background items by bob
Someone downloaded some nasty items into my desktop background list in the control panel. How can I delete them?
June 5th 08 06:32 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 188
Newly created admin account does not have access to folder owned by Administrators by arkheii
I needed to restrict some directories in my disks to admin-only access, so I cleared the Users and Authenticated Users permissions to the folders using the built-in Administrator account. The problem is after creating a new admin account, the new one does not have access to those folders even though it is part of the Administrators group, and only the built-in admin can still access it. Instead,...
June 5th 08 02:43 PM
by arkheii Go to last post
0 156
FileNEW menu does not work with certain permissions - Bug? by dave1 CST
A user account has the following permissions in a folder off the root that does not inherit permissions: Read & execute List folder contents Read and special permissions of Create files/Write data Create folders/Append data
June 5th 08 11:56 AM
by dave1 CST Go to last post
0 156
Windows Calendar Problem/Task Scheduler by Jono
Hi all, I bought a new Acer Aspire recently with Vista, and ever since creating a reminder in Windows Calendar it will bring up an error on startup and close the program. I believe this is a problem with something in the task scheduler settings, to do with the 'reminders' setting on the Windows Calendar section of task sheduler. It brings up this error when opened: "An error has occured for...
June 5th 08 12:04 AM
by garysgold[_29_] Go to last post
4 179
anti-spyware by Pepper
I have McAfee Internet Security Suite. I know how much most of you detest it, but I paid for a three-year subscription and I'm keeping it. Is it okay to leave Window's Defender's real-time protection turned on, or will it conflict with the McAfee?
June 4th 08 02:02 PM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
6 258
Vista logon with smart card by TRossi
How do I configure Vista to allow me logon to my home computer using a DoD issued smart card. It is currently used to access my DoD e-mail and for e-signature authorization, and has the ability to logon to DoD owned systems & networks. The card reader and 3rd party software (Activeclient) are both cuurently installed and working properly -- R.L.T.W.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 4th 08 06:09 AM
by Paul Adare Go to last post
11 402
Antivus 2008 by Bo
I have recently had something called antivirus 2008 show up on my computer. I also just found out a friend of mine has one called vista antivirus 2008. It constantly interferes with the running of our computers bringing up popup boxes stating it is scanning and there are xxx number of problems. If you click remove or fix button it then asks do you want a license and for a fee ranging from...
June 4th 08 03:12 AM
by Abul Go to last post
3 218
windows defender by Gui..
Hii people!!! Right now,all of a sudden,windows warned me that windows defender was disabled. But I hadn't done anything. Can anyone explain me what it is??
June 3rd 08 04:41 PM
by Gui.. Go to last post
3 224
files blocked if html or htm by dtontsch
I have Vista Busniess and am domain and computer administrator an this laptop. I have some file located e.g. in D:\Folder\Folder2\file.txt which I can easily edit, rename etc... I have full control of this file. Once I close the file, rename into file.html and open it then with an editor I can't save changes anymore, it says like "File/Device may be read only or open for write by another...
June 3rd 08 11:08 AM
by dtontsch Go to last post
0 153
VS 2005 - Remote Debugging FROM Vista PC by Mike Loux
I'm not a huge fan of cross-posts, but I think these are the two most appropriate spots to put this, so here goes. I am trying to set up remote debugging from a copy of VS 2005 (SP1 for Vista) installed on my Vista enterprise box here at work. The target machine is a Windows Server 2008 VMware machine that I have successfully remote debugged applications on from my old XP box (currently in the...
June 3rd 08 05:17 AM
by swapnil Go to last post
1 197
Windows Firewall and portable apps? by Bruce
I run portable applications often (programs you run directly off of removable media, e.g. USB flash drives) and it seems Windows Firewall doesn't always handle them correctly. Sometimes it works properly, other times it blocks the software, with the block notice referring to an invalid path like "C:14Path\App.exe" (the number changes every time) instead of the correct path of...
June 3rd 08 01:08 AM
by Bruce Go to last post
0 193
Disable Default Share by Johnny
How do i disable default share? Admin$ C$ D$ Johnny
June 2nd 08 10:19 AM
by rezg1980 Go to last post
6 266
virtumonde by Victor
Ok. my daughter loaded a ton of spyware on my pc (just a note avoid myspace layout sites when you can). I got rid of everything except this one called virtumonde. I have tried several posted remedies and none work. Defender finds it and "removes" it but it comes back every time and usually before the machine even reboots. Most postings either say to buy THEIR spyware removal tool which I...
June 1st 08 07:23 AM
by Bells[_2_] Go to last post
5 198
Multible firewalls report that they are open in security center! by NavChief84
I have uninstalled a firewall (McAfee Security Center) and used the software provided on its web site to completely remove from a system! I found the solution somewhere before but can not find it and again it was just too simple! If I found it in one of many computer Mags I have then I know someone else as also! After looking all over the net many others have the same problem with once...
June 1st 08 02:28 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 200
Trojan/Worm suspect in Vista by Yulia
IE07 opens new sites/windows by it self. I suspect it's trojan/worm but Windows and McAfee could not dtect anything
June 1st 08 12:59 AM
by norm Go to last post

From The