Can I disable "Grouping" in Vista's Windows explorer??

Old August 17th 09, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Cody Jarrett

Default Can I disable "Grouping" in Vista's Windows explorer??

ByteMeMicrosoft wrote:

I agree with all the "hate" posts. Sure wish Microsoft would leave well
enough alone or provide a way to use old formats.

Like them that much? Go back to the OS that has them!

SOLVED.
Old August 21st 09, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
SimpLe SI[_2_]

surely there is a key or value somewhere in the registry that one can
delete that will just PERMANENTLY DELETE this 'grouping' function?
I have searched long and hard for a way to do this with no success so
far.
Thank you for this thread

--
SimpLe SI
Old August 21st 09, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bill Daggett

SimpLe SI wrote:

surely there is a key or value somewhere in the registry that one can
delete that will just PERMANENTLY DELETE this 'grouping' function?
I have searched long and hard for a way to do this with no success so
far.
Thank you for this thread

Notice that it's been running for OVER A YEAR now and no solution has
been found.

HINT.
Old October 13th 09, 08:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tmkinn

I found a page where some guy, jcgriff2 (nice nick, by the way had
two different registry solutions.

I tried one of them, and so far, so good.

Thought it may be helpful.

What are you saying? Oh, the link, of course. Here is is:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...-explorer.html

--
tmkinn

--
tmkinn
tmkinn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/143778.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 15th 09, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
cgipro

Wow, my ship has come in..finally some folks I can relate to! And here I
thought I was alone on "Problem Island", steeped in my disdain for Vista
and all it's fascist ways! Love the suggestion regarding a "Stop
Thinking For Me" button! If things get any worse, I will be saying
"Hasta La Vista" to Microsoft!

--
cgipro
cgipro's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/144579.htm

Old October 16th 09, 05:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tmkinn[_2_]

Looks like the link disappeared. Here it is again:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...ml#post1602370

Hopefully it will stay now.

Old December 4th 09, 12:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
ArnsteinB

I sure hope Microsoft has done something about this in Windows 7? (I'm
planning to switch soon, from Vista 64)

I agree 100% with Bryan (and cgipro), and I share all his anger and
frustrations.
I'm sure MS introduced this feature to help us, but they forgot to give
us the opportunity disable it, for ever...

I've been a computernerd since 1983, and this feature is probably the
most annoing MS ever has introduced (as long is can't be disabled for
good)

As Bryan, I'm very structured and find files much faster in detailed
view.

As I said, I don't question MS good intensions (in this matter...), but
they should always give us experienced users the opportunity to disable
some of the new features they introduce in a new OS.

--
ArnsteinB
ArnsteinB's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160873.htm

Old December 4th 09, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Hi, ArnsteinB.

In Win7's Windows Explorer, click View. On the context menu, click Group
by... Click any of the 4 options (Name, Size, etc.). If there is a big dot
(or "Bullet") in front of one of these 4, then there should also be a 5th
option, (None). Click that and see what happens. (I've forgotten how this
worked in Vista.)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old December 4th 09, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
ArnsteinB[_2_]

Hi R. C. White!
I'm afraid you have misunderstood most of this.
Many others in this thread does too, and there even someone that praise
this feature...

As I wrote, I'm -planning- to switch to Windows 7...so I can't check
out your suggesition before I get it...

I, and most of the participants in this tread, has understood the
problem, and your method for disabling grouping in Windows explorer is
well know.
The problem is that is not a permanent solution. Visat keep getting
back to grouping the files for me.... (which all pros hate)

The question is if this f*** "feature" is can be switched off for good,
in Windows 7?