*Spent Entire Sunday* on this, (User Account Control)-please help :(

Old May 12th 09, 07:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
xxsassxx31

Default *Spent Entire Sunday* on this, (User Account Control)-please help :(

Basically I have no access...only guest access...I can't use anything or
do anything to gain administrative access....everything i do is guest
access and i have tried every step you have said....i am trying
something else right now but i just want u to know i appreciate all your
help my friend....i truly appreciate it

-sasss

--
xxsassxx31
Old May 12th 09, 10:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
xxsassxx31

too close, i was able to find a utility to change my system passwords
but to no avail it makes no diff. i was able to find out there is an
"ASPNET" account "NO RID UserName Description
0 000001f4 Administrator Built-in account for administrating the
computer
1 000003e8 useraccount
2 000001f5 Guest Built-in account for guest access to the computer
3 000003ea ASPNET Account used for running the ASP.NET worker
process (aspnet_wp.”..
MS SAM DATABASE : (0) (0) \Windows\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\sam
User’s name is “ASPNET” (RID=0x000003EA)
Full Name: “ASP.NET Machine Account”
"
and the admin account and user account remained guest access and i
couldn't log on to ASPNET account it said it is not supported...anyways
i am going to choke myself to sleep lol...gnite thx for the help i am
not going to format my comp until the morning to see what happpens

--
xxsassxx31
Old May 12th 09, 12:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris[_8_]

"xxsassxx31" wrote in message

[...]

I appreciate the time you're putting into this, but I wonder if you have
paid attention to my link that should gain you access to folders if you're
denied access due to permission:

How to Take Ownership and Full Control Permissions of Files and Folders in
Vista

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...ders-in-vista/

CH

Old May 12th 09, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Mark H[_2_]

xxsassxx31,

Chad has gone to great lengths to provide help with this problem. Please
take the time to provide a methodical reply stating each technique you have
used and the response your computer has provided. This will allow Chad to
quickly tune his answers to the help you need.
We understand your frustration, but it is far more important to know
exactly what each step produces as results and to positively know that each
step has been tried.

Best wishes.

Old May 12th 09, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Richard Urban

Gosh! Just connect the drive into a second computer and strip off what you
need. People do it all the time. If you cant find another laptop that has 2
drive bays, install it into an external drive case and transfer over the
files via the USB port on a 2nd computer.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"xxsassxx31" wrote in message

I have Hiren's boot cd 9.4....can i do anything to backup my files via a
dvd before I reinstall clean format?

--
xxsassxx31

Old May 12th 09, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
xxsassxx31

Chad Harris;1041717 Wrote:
[...]

Folders in Vista » Tip and Trick'
(http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...ders-in-vista/)

CH

Yes I have . I can't even locate the folder it says it is
"restricted" and obviously I don't have administrative access to get to
it and I can't access it the other way mentioned on that link as I am
truly limited in what to do...

btw...My Drive D is a "HP System Recovery" Partition....and the problem
I have now is my memory is full and I would have to delete some files in
order to make it work....and obviously that would be in dos mode.
If I went and bought an external hard drive (the type that you plug in
with usb) would I be able to install the Vista to the external hard
drive and then once I do that save my files that I need and then be able
to install it back on C? I think that is what I am thinking of doing but
I wanted to verify that this method would work. I want to just thank you
guys again and thank this great forum for all the help you have provided
to me. I have just been literally driving myself crazy over
this....thanks again..

--
xxsassxx31
Old May 12th 09, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
xxsassxx31

btw my drive is only about 140 GB full so I can simply buy a usb
harddrive bigger than that and transfer all my files and then format C:
and install a clean vista on a formatted C....but what steps would I
take or where would I transfer all the files to the other hard drive to
have it accessible on the other harddrive??

--
xxsassxx31
Old May 12th 09, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
xxsassxx31

and btw, what the hell is in the D: Recovery Partition that is on my hp
comp?

--
xxsassxx31
Old May 12th 09, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
xxsassxx31

I did a little research and said F it....let me just delete the files
inside my recovery drive (it is about 10 GB full!) since it is the
backup of recovery disks etc it made so I am installing my operating
system on there right now and we will see what happens....I just got
tired of waiting and I do have Windows OEM disc so that should be
sufficient for what was stored in there...

--
xxsassxx31
Old May 12th 09, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
xxsassxx31

Ok...I installed Vista on the "recovery drive" so now it seems like I
have 2 Vista's installed....we will see what happens...

--
xxsassxx31