Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Unsent messages in outbox

Old January 2nd 08, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
brink[_2625_]

Default Unsent messages in outbox

maryloubaldy;560180 Wrote:
I have unsent messages in my outbox. What could the problem be?

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding

the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

Hi Maryloubaldy,

If you just have a stuck message problem, then this will solve your
problem. If you have more than that, then please post a copy of the
error message so we will know how to help you better.

The KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. You must stop
the cause to prevent it from happening again. Read the "First" section
in this tutorial about antivirus and anti-spyware/adware programs to
help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090
Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html)

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old January 5th 08, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Norma Fred

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Outlook Express can not be installed in Vista.
Installing Outlook Express was not one of my suggestions.
Please reread my suggestions below.
Those suggestions were written a few weeks ago, and since then
there have been two new developments that affect this issue:

1. Steve Cochran has released a utility program that will remove
a stuck message from the Outbox:
Go to http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/
When you start to download the wmutil.zip file,
be sure to choose Save rather than Run.
After it finishes downloading choose Run, then Extract. Then it will
show the extraction folder with two files in it, WMUtil.exe and scxout.dll.
Run WMUtil.exe, wait until the buttons become active, then click on
Clear Outbox. It may take a while. Before you start, make sure
Windows Mail is not running.

2. Microsoft has announced that they will release a new email
program later this month. If you can wait a few weeks, I'd suggest
holding out for that. Or else, if you can't wait, download and install
the Thunderbird email program.

Gary VanderMolen

"baldeagle110" wrote in message ...
Gary;I tried to download outlook express and vista would not install it,
because it tells me I have a higher internet explorer.It seems somehow to be
hooked in there somwhere. Thanks in advance Pony

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Welcome to the club!

There are a few workarounds floating around, but several people
have reported severe corruption of their message store afterwards,
so I don't recommend the current crop of workarounds.

If you really can't send with Windows Mail due to the stuck message
in the Outbox, then either send that message with web mail, or else
install another email program like Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook.

Gary VanderMolen

"Cecil" wrote in message ...
When I try to delete the 1st message in the OUTBOX that seems to be holding
up the sending of subsequent messages, I get a message "Unknown error has
occurred". Then another box drops down with the message "Deleting messages"
but none get deleted.

"Patsy Dalton" wrote:

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

have the same problem I don't think I'm opening my account properly do I
sign in with my msn account e-mail address. and follow throught as if I were
getting mail in and out through msn?

Old January 5th 08, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Norma Fred[_2_]

"Patsy Dalton" wrote:

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

have the same problem I don't think I'm opening my account properly do I
sign in with my msn account e-mail address. and follow throught as if I were
getting mail in and out through msn?

Had same issue used fix now is working Thank You

Old January 5th 08, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You're welcome. However, Microsoft has released a newer fix for
that problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090

--
Gary VanderMolen (MS-MVP WLM)

Old February 6th 08, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"Michelle" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

We could give you more help if you'd show us the entire error message,
not just a summary of it.

However, if it's calling a host or a server POP3, note that this is an
invalid name for a server. In this case, you should ask your email
provider (who is probably also your internet provider) for their
instructions on how to set up to use their email servers, which will
include the correct names. If they haven't written instructions for
Windows Mail yet, their instructions for Outlook Express should
also work under Windows Mail as long as they don't call for using
the HTTP protocol. The instructions should be available somewhere
on their web site. Or, you could tell us who your email provider is
and see if anyone here already knows where to find the instructions.

Old February 6th 08, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
tanuj_chadha[_4_]

If you have unsent messages in your outbox. the try downloading update
from microsoft; 'Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use
Windows Mail on a computer that is running Windows Vista'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090) if that also does not work try
downloading thunder bird or incrdi mail from the internet. And check if
you get the same error message again.

--
tanuj_chadha

Old February 23rd 08, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"Bob" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

It's hard to say without seeing the whole error message.

However, this is often because people use POP3 as their server name,
even though this is not a valid server name. You could ask your email
provider (who is probably also your internet provider) for their
instructions on setting up to use their email servers, which should
include the correct server names. If they haven't written instructions
for Windows Mail yet, their instructions for Outlook Express should
also work under Windows Mail as long as they don't call for the
HTTP protocol. The instructions are probably somewhere on their