Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Old November 20th 07, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
akagiredsun1

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

I hate to say "misery loves company" but at least I can take heart that these
issues are shared by many, thus eliminating a failure at my end. I've
uninstalled all my updates since my failures happened, but to no avail; the
darn thing still isn't getting its resources. Devs, please take note!
Old November 20th 07, 05:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TTopJohnson

Hi all

I get the same problem as most everyone does here. One thing to add: i
can use a usb flash memory key, as well as my usb printer.

Can't wait to get a fix for this, this touchpad is becoming a pain!

--
TTopJohnson
TTopJohnson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35479

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 20th 07, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt

Hey, this is happening to me too! My Logitech G15 and G7 won't work with
my PC, even though my Linksys WUSB-54g-v2 and WD MyBook both work fine.

I'm probably going to try a complete reformat and reinstall of Vista,
avoiding KB941229, and see if that restores functionality.

Cheer up mates - despite their bungling at least MS didn't actually fry
our USB ports - it just gave them IRQ conflicts with ... well, what?

I can't free up the 'resources' that it needs because even when I
disable / uninstall other devices in the name IRQ neighborhood it does
nothing to get SOHUHC working.

Anyone else made any progress? I just checked Windows Update and
there's still no real fix from Microsoft.

--
TwoBitMatt
TwoBitMatt's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35517

Old November 21st 07, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

Me too. I'm also getting the code 12 on the Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE
Controller. Something got screwed in one of the latest updates.

"akagiredsun1" wrote:

I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my
OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use.)

The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've
tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling
them, but it comes back with the same error.

I have the following as USB Controllers:
- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- USB Root Hub

Any suggestions on how I can take care of this?

Old November 21st 07, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
fdwt994

Add me to the long list of those who have this issue. Since this error
started, I cannot print or use my digital camera.

Any updates?????

Old November 21st 07, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt[_2_]

Wait, you're getting a Code 12 on your PCI IDE Controller? When did your
error start?

Old November 21st 07, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt[_3_]

Well, aside from the other update Microsoft made which is supposed to
'fix certain USB device issues within Vista' and did nothing, no, no
updates.

I'm considering doing a reformat and reinstall, but I just got UT3 and
would rather be playing that with my own mouse and keyboard rather than
borrowing my housemate's.

Old November 21st 07, 07:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

About the same time as the OpenHCD code 12. I'd say last week sometime.

My fingerprint reader stopped working off one of the ports and that's when I
noticed both problems.

Old November 21st 07, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TwoBitMatt[_4_]

Has anyone's problem been fixed by MS's update? I'm still using a PS/2
keyboard and mouse, so I'm just as fried as the rest of you, but I was
wondering if anyone did get their USB functional again

Old November 21st 07, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TTopJohnson[_2_]

Nothing yet TwoBitMatt. Boy I wish I has a ps/2 port to plug a mouse,
but this is a laptop. Universal Serial But...

What is that usb update you are speaking of? Can you please link that
one?

Thanks