Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Keeping Hyperlinks by raj[_2_]
When I copy hyperlinks and paste them in a new mail the hyperlinks deactivate. Why? I should be able to paste them to as many e-mails as I want and the hyperlinks work.
February 8th 08 02:07 PM
by Dave Go to last post
4 240
det går by cina
det går inte att sända mail
February 8th 08 01:57 PM
by cina Go to last post
0 180
CONTACTS FOLDERS by Don
I JUST SWITCHED TO VISTA AND JUST DISCOVERED THIS HORRIBLE FLAW IN WINDOWS MAIL--THAT YOU CAN'T SORT AND ACESS YOUR EMAIL CONTACTS INTO FOLDERS. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAS BEEN OVERLOOKED. THERE'S NO WAY I CAN FUNCTION WITH THIS LIMITATION. NOW i HAVE TO GO TO THE TROUBLE OF LOOKING FOR A NEW EMAIL CLIENT. HOW I WISH I COULD GET MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS BACK. DARN IT. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 08 01:27 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 363
repair by kie-kie
my monitor its damaged,and im using projector.and i want to repair using the windows vista driver.so how to do?
February 8th 08 11:11 AM
by Bob Go to last post
7 238
I have 1 mail in my outbox that will not go out by Dom
I have a message in my outbox that I created ,and now the body of the mail shows as: Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Mail When I try to delete the mail it will...
February 8th 08 10:51 AM
by aka[_2_] Go to last post
4 249
Outlook - Folder could not be displayed by viktory
Hi Wonder if anyone can help me with this problem? Outlook Express will not open. The message I have got is "Folder could not be displayed. Possible causes are low disk space or low memory" I know that neither of these options are the cause. Help!
February 8th 08 10:44 AM
by Same problem w/ folders on Windows Mail! Go to last post
2 258
How to set password for entering window mail? by Nobase
My computer will be used by different people. How can I set password to prohibit people entering my window mail?
February 8th 08 10:16 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 240
Editing Recent Contacts by ninjaneer
Hi Somehow, my Windows Mail has stored in my recent contacts Sarah's email as instead of . Now, even if I only reply to an email to Sarah, Mail sends the mail to 154 instead of 145 and, obviously it cannot be delivered. So I need to edit my recent contacts somehow, even if I could just remove Sarah from there completely for now. How can I do this? I've tried...
February 8th 08 08:45 AM
by Gene[_2_] Go to last post
3 186
How do I edit a Draft message by Ed
I want to edit a message which I previously saved as a Draft. I open the message by double-clicking. This displays the message, but will not allow editing. What should I do?
February 8th 08 07:22 AM
by Ed Go to last post
3 279
Long Delay When 'Reply' Clicked On by Chris
I was hoping someone could shed some light on something for me. When I hit 'Reply' to an email, there is a *very* long pause before a reply window is opened. Does anyone else have this situation happen and does anyone know how to solve it? My thanks in advance. Chris
February 8th 08 06:12 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
2 234
IMAPS Sent Mail Attachments by Frick
I use two computers, one with Outlook XP the other with Vista Windows Mail, on an IMAPS account. Windows Mail does not show a column for attachments in the Sent Items folder. When selecting View/Columns..., there is no checkbox for Sent Items attachments. Attachments sent from the Outlook computer do not appear on the Windows Mail computer. How do I configure Windows Mail to show these...
February 8th 08 01:53 AM
by Frick Go to last post
0 228
Windows Security Log in Message by Candice
I have been using vista windows mail for the last 5 months, suddenly I can receive but not send. One minute I was able to send messages, 15mins later I was not able too. I am using my school server which is student.mail.uoguelph.com......all my settings are correct. I am using Avast antivirus software. When I try to send I get a Windows Security window that says: Logon to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 8th 08 01:06 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
22 502
Windows Mail Problem by spamathews
I am unable to send or receive email using Windows Mail. I get the following 2 error messages: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Rusten's Photo', Account: 'suddenlink.net', Server: 'suddenlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 08 12:51 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
13 633
Missing [Send] Button Help request by Andrea Senatore
I've just gotten my new Vista PC and imported my addressbook 'WAB" file into both Outlook and Windows Mail. I tried to send a link from an Internet window (I use IE), after selecting the send Link and even when I select send Page the resultant email window has everything BUT a SEND button. I can select an email address, the windows looks like an email form, but no SEND button, there is no...
February 8th 08 12:11 AM
by Dave Go to last post
1 199
Importing "everything" from Outlook 2002 by Barry
I have Outlook 2002 on one PC running Windows XP. I want to move everything (folders, mail, accounts, etc) to Windows Mail on a different PC running Vista. Both PCs are connected to a home wireless network. How can I do this? Barry
February 8th 08 12:09 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 215
Cannot receive emails - Vista by Esson1
I hope someone can help! I have Windows mail, Vista and my ISP is Sky. yesterday Sky were having a problem in my areas and i lost the connectuion. Since it came back up i now cannot receive emails though i can send. The error message is Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 28pf734318ugc.0', Port: 995,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 8th 08 12:04 AM
by PA Bear Go to last post
22 581
e mail sendin error by clive.parkinson
Hi , please help me! I'm on windows vista and i'm trying to use windows mail 2006 instead of sky broadband e mail. i have been through all the set up process with sky and that is fine but i can only receive messages in windows mail not send them. the following error message comes up; the host FMTP.tools.sky.com could not be found.Please verify that you have entered server name...
February 8th 08 12:03 AM
by PA Bear Go to last post
5 731
cant send mail by AUDREY
February 8th 08 12:02 AM
by PA Bear Go to last post
5 680
Suddenly can't send emails by aj
Hello I have been using windows mail since July last year with no problems until today when I received this message trying to send email- An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'just a test page', Account: 'pop.supanet.com', Server: 'smtp.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B Supanet is my old dial up email account from the days when they were my ISP....
February 8th 08 12:01 AM
by PA Bear Go to last post
3 671
windows mail by carol
I sent windows mail and shortcut to the recycle bin yesterday but when i went to send photo's it came up through windows mail and it wouldn't send. Should I have deleted through tools accounts etc.. first before trying to delete the whole program? I was just going to stick with Yahoo since it's set up and working. Thought it would be easier to delete WM than to try to set it up. "SVSA...
February 7th 08 11:53 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The