Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
nntp and ISA by steveb
Is there a way to point NNTP through an ISA proxy server just like we can in IE? Our ISA server is NOT our default gateway, but I would like to do nntp through ISA as it is a larger internet connection. Please advise. --
February 11th 08 08:51 PM
by steveb Go to last post
0 211
I get these error messages, What do they mean ?? by Jenny Hall
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test 1 2 3', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'bigpond.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server...
February 11th 08 06:50 PM
by gerson hansen Go to last post
5 279
cant permanetly delete multiple e-mails by britneyelena
i get an error message that says an unknown error has occured
February 11th 08 06:31 PM
by antgreg Go to last post
8 201
Unable to import Outlook Express emails to Outlook by Lilian Chow
I followed the instructions from the help and cannot achieve the emails of Outlook Express to Outlook. I just installed Window Vista and using Outlook 2007 now. I wanna to import all emails of Outlook Express to Outlook, but found it is unable to import as there is no choice to select folder that I stored the old emails. Even though I put all old emails into the same folder of Outlook email...
February 11th 08 05:55 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 220
Webmail/microsoft outlook by vailman
How do I transfer/import my contact list that I set up in Webmail to Microsoft outlook, which I just started using. I do have all my folders, but for some reason when I try to send a new email or reply I have been getting "cant contact Ldap directory server (81)".
February 11th 08 05:42 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 204
ciao by jocelo
dove sei?
February 11th 08 05:39 PM
by jocelo Go to last post
0 298
demande d'aide by c0ccinelle
je m'exuse de vous informer que mon ordinateur portable acer et l'installation windows vista ne me connecte guère à internet . merci de me doné des information pour y acquérir. merci de votre compréhension
February 11th 08 05:33 PM
by janie Go to last post
1 116
Windows mail Stationary by colin C.
When I changed over to windows mail Imported along with many things my stationary. One item I cant do without is my footer showing cthe usual "if you recieved this email in error" and all my business contact details including my VAT number. I have by mistake deleted it and want to create a new footer template so with 1 click i can go to it. I have spent hours trying to create a new...
February 11th 08 05:05 PM
by Dave Go to last post
5 179
Picking up home computer email on laptop by dmf529
I just got a new laptop and would like to receive my email from my desktop on my laptop. Basically I would like the two computers to reconcile. Is that possible? I thought I set it up correctly but when I send email from the laptop, I receive it on my desktop with the same email address but I don't receive it on my laptop and vice versa. Ironically, the email address is the same. ...
February 11th 08 04:04 PM
by Bruce Hagen Go to last post
1 138
Can't open .msg and .eml attachments in Outlook 2003 by Duane
Have Vista Home Premium on new computer. Since transferring my Office 2003 SB Suite, I can not open attachments. This includes file types such as above that are not on the list of forbidden file types. I can save them and turn them into objects in word, but they are mostly a mess- hex code with some english, no formatting. I've added the Level1 parameter to my registry with these...
February 11th 08 02:44 PM
by robinb Go to last post
6 177
Editing e-mails by bill[_5_]
Did a search. I like to delete large attachments but keep the text in e-mails to save space and archive. After double clicking and selecting all there is no way to "cut" what I want and save the rest. Thanks.
February 11th 08 02:18 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 210
Importing accounts and messages form Windows Live Mail by Albert Zwemmer, Netherlands
I'm not able to import accounts from Windows Live Mail. Every time I get aan errormessage " Error occurred" without any futher explanation. Any suggestion? Thanks !
February 11th 08 12:29 PM
by Albert Zwemmer, Netherlands Go to last post
0 215
Duplicated Junk Mail?! by Steven S. Wolf
I have setup my Windows Mail to have a lot of "blocked" addresses & domains. But I end up with a copy of every junk item in both my inbox, and my junk folder. So it effectively is absolutely worthless. Does anyone know how to get Windows Mail to MOVE the junk into junk, rather than copy it?!
February 11th 08 12:25 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 157
How do I set up email? by Patrick Parks
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I am having trouble with the email configuration. I have a wireless connection with a signal booster (ssid: free the net). I don't have an ISP as I don't need one to access the internet. What should I do? thanks,
February 11th 08 12:12 PM
by No Name Go to last post
5 218
Audio by Harry Stevens
Is it possible to extract encrypted music from an email?
February 11th 08 10:37 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 185
Opening mail by species8350
How do I open an email message in Wndows Mail. There appears to be no open button? It also seems rather complicated to save into the Drafts folder (with all the changing of directories). Thanks.
February 11th 08 10:26 AM
by species8350 Go to last post
8 198
connection by josiane cemberlitas
je n'arrive pas à me connecter sur ma messagerie il y a erreur de nom de serveur je ne comprends pas
February 11th 08 09:07 AM
by josiane cemberlitas Go to last post
0 188
Bu kadar kötü bir windows olabilirmi ??? by Barış Güç
Mesajlar silinmiyor , hata mesajı veriyor , microsoft urunleri bu kadar pahalıya satılıyor ama teknik destek sıfır
February 11th 08 09:00 AM
by Barış Güç Go to last post
0 206
emails deleting themselves by Jan
Just as earlier post says...I too have, in just the past 2 days, begun to have something wacky going on with my Windows Mail. When I open, it receives and posts mesages in the appropriate folders so it is downloading the mesages and the count of how many in each folder. BUT, then the problems start...Sometimes, if I open the email and read it, then move to another folder with mail it deletes...
February 11th 08 03:10 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 332
Windows Vista Default Mail Client is not properly installed by vwells262
Hello, I think I must have deleted one of my windows mail programs. I have Windows Mail (News) but not the other one, Windows Mail. I can use the windows mail to send and receive mail but when I click on an email address from the internet, it says that it can't do that because the default mail client is not properly installed. I've been to the control panel and when I go to default programs, I...
February 11th 08 02:49 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The