Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Server not responding by Ron
Hi Group, I'm using Windows Mail with Vista home premium. Opened WinMail today and after a while got an error message saying the server (I use cox.net) did not respond within 60 seconds and did I want to wait or cancel. I said wait, and did this a few times. Finally I canceled. I thought it was just a huge download, but I never had one before that would have been so big. Anyway, when I went...
December 14th 07 09:33 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 239
mail by Scott[_4_]
When I go to certain websites, click on the contact box, a windows email opens up, but I am not able to send anything because the email account is not set up. Don't know anything about POP or anthing else. I only use aol for email, use internet explorer for web access, anyone able to help?
December 14th 07 09:29 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 392
incoming mail wont go to folder by iross
When i get incoming mail, it goes to the inbox, but i want it to go to my folder instead but how?
December 14th 07 09:23 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 229
Do not send emails or meeting invites for meeting scheduling by [email protected]
Look at http://www.timebridge.com/lp/outlook.html This is an Outlook plugin that works with a free web service and allows you: * to schedule meetings with people much faster than email or outlook forms * share your availability with other as if you have Exchange server * share your availability with people working for other companies It works with Outlook 2003/2007 on XP/Vista
December 14th 07 09:21 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 186
How to minimize Windows Mail to notification area? by Kid Hugh
I use Windows Mail as my E-mail & Newsgroup client. Could anyone tell me how to config the Windows Mail to minimize to the notification area? Thanks a lot.
December 14th 07 09:19 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 178
have probs whit windows mail and vista by Jorgen
Hi all,, getting a bit uppset here due to the fackt that i have a email in my outbox that i cant remove i cant send it or do "#¤&"!#&%/"¤... it only says error and or onknown error,,, PLease help if you know how to fix this,,, i can send emails but this one is still there and sends everytime
December 14th 07 09:17 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 203
Default Encoding in Vista Windows Mail by John Hanley
I would like my default New Mail Message Encoding to be Western European (Windows). However, it is showing as "New Message - Unicode (UTF-8)". I do use a Stationery for composing. I know how to change the encoding in a specific new message with Format\Encoding; what I don't know is how to make Western European the default for all new messages. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
December 14th 07 09:03 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 156
Ghost Messages by sooner1938[_30_]
Quite often, my OUTBOX indicates a message waiting to be sent when in fact, there's nothing there. Anyone else having this problem. -- sooner1938
December 14th 07 08:58 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 234
can't send email error: 0x800C013E by Botany Bay
Can no longer send email. worked find for 3 months. Receive this error message: An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013E. What's odd is that it shows Port: 0. Outgoing mail should be Port: 25. I Have disabled email scanning and firewall in McAfee. did a System Restore to 3 weeks earlier did not correct problem.
December 14th 07 08:47 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
8 242
Drag and drop messages in News Forums. by Tech68
Is it possible to drag and drop messages between news forums? The forums are on the same server. I am able to drag one or two, but the rest give me a black circle with a dash through it when attempting to drag and drop.
December 14th 07 08:42 PM
by Tech68 Go to last post
0 227
Automatic Complete E-Mail Address When Composing by MadKyBriJam
Love this feature but with this new WINDOWS MAIL, this include everyone I reply to. I just want to automatically complete the email addresses that are in my Contacts (like the old mail) is there anyway to do that? I have already mistakenly emailed people that are not in my contacts list. Also I tried to get rid of their names by deleting and they still pop up! What should I do????
December 14th 07 08:41 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 257
Missing Contacts - When Clicking TO Icon - No Contacts to Pick Fro by Mark
The three non-admin accounts on my machine can no longer click the To button to choose from their contacts of who to send an email to. Before, it showed all of their respective contacts to pick from. If they click their respective contacts icon, their contacts do show up there. Any idea? Thanks, Mark
December 14th 07 07:50 PM
by brink[_2326_] Go to last post
6 267
Unable to SEND messages. One stuck in outbox. by D
I have an outgoing message STUCK in my outbox. Using Vista. Windows mail. Called DELL support. Spent two hours on phone. Tried all kinds of supposed solutions posted on this site and nothing worked. Including downloading the plug in that is supposed to cure this problem! It seems that MANY people have had similar problems. Surely there's SOMETHING that I can do? I have an online...
December 14th 07 05:47 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 196
blank emails by Greg[_9_]
I am having a problem with windows mail vista. People who send me emails keep getting a blank email from me as soon as they send me the email like its automatically sent to them from me but its blank. I still get the email and can read it but I am not replying or sending anything out. Any info on this problem would be appreciated...thanks in advance. P. S. I called my server with whom I have...
December 14th 07 05:37 PM
by Greg[_9_] Go to last post
0 152
message can not be deleted from my sent box by tpm63
Hi, Anybody out there know how to delete from the sent box in particular a email sent with an attached abode reader file. I have been able to do so w/o diff. until this email I sent. It contained an attached adobe reader pdf file. I am also not able to open the email from my sent folder as I can other emails sent. Thanks
December 14th 07 04:09 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 196
Folders disappeared from inbox by SharonR
In the past when I've had this problem, I restarted my laptop and the folders re-appeared. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get them to come back this time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 07 03:55 PM
by Bob Go to last post
15 289
WMI Provider by Floridaguy
I have been receiving the following message after I access Windows Mail. WMI PROVIDER HOST STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available. Needless to say Windows has never responded with a solution or, hint as to what is causing this action. Would appreciate some help in getting this resolved.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 07 03:23 PM
by No Name Go to last post
13 274
"Watched" news thread. by Bob Newman
Crazy problem. I've often complained that in Windows Mail newsgroups the newsgroup name won't stay red all the time for watched messages as OE6 did. Even MVPs have told me it's a flaw and I must put up with it. NOW I have a newsgroup name staying red all the time even if there are no watched threads there. What gives? I tried unsubscribing & resubscribing but no difference. How do I get...
December 14th 07 03:06 PM
by Bob Newman Go to last post
3 169
No left side of email screen by Ellen Robertson
My new monitor is 19" widescreen and my windows mail shows nothing to the left of the message. The is no indox, deleted mail or anything showing to the left of the windows mail screen. Can anyone help? HP wants me to wipe out my computer and start over. Any other suggestions? Sure would appreciate any help
December 14th 07 02:26 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 197
Windows Mail default to over ride Outlook by Peter Tikoian
Go toWindows mail help and display help. Type in Default mail - display. Click on "Set Program Access and Computer Default". Click on "Custom" and select windows mail. Pete
December 14th 07 02:25 PM
by Peter Tikoian Go to last post

From The