Mic Problem, please help by Dave
Hello, I have a GM5639E stock, with the Addition of a XFX 9600GT, that i just installed. Before I installed it, my mic worked, i was able to talk in Teamspeak, VOIP(bf2), and now after installing the new Graphics card. my mic no longer works. In device manager, It shows up there, but it isn't transmitting anything. Im stumped
March 30th 08 12:27 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 174
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Problem. by Dave
Hi all, About two weeks ago my Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic running under Vista Ultimate for almost 12 months suddenly started to make strange noises and appears to get "stuck" when playing World of Warcraft. It is possible that this is happening with other applications too, but I haven't noticed it. I tried installing a couple of different Vista drivers for the card, (which was...
November 10th 07 12:13 PM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
1 112
Monitor/Display Problems at Startup by Dave
I have a Dell E521 with 256Mb ATI Radeon X1300 Pro PCI Express Graphics Card and a Dell 20" Black Wide Flat Panel Monitor (E207WFP). I am running Vista Home Premium. Most of the time there are no problems with the monitor, but occasionally when you first turn on the PC. you see the standard horizontal scrolling green progress bar followed by the central glowing Microsoft logo as normal,...
September 20th 07 11:12 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 101
DVD-RW not working in Vista by Dave
Iv ran out of ideas myself and have done all the ones Iv seen so I hope there may be a solution on here. Screenshots: http://rogueserv.net/albums/userpics/1~0.jpg http://rogueserv.net/albums/userpics/2~0.jpg Few Specs: Mobo - P5W DH Deluxe
August 1st 07 03:32 PM
by Marjay Go to last post
3 141
ATA 100 Hard Drive performs very slowly under Vista by Dave
I can't tell if this is the result of a poor drive, but my disk speeds are much slower 10 MB/s when on XP they were 100 MB/s. I have a Seagate Barracuda 160 Gbytes. Seagate doesn't have any Vista drivers I am aware of and right now it is using a generic drive.
July 24th 07 10:49 AM
by koze Go to last post
2 130
How to run RAID1 for the Vista boot drive - pls help me understand by Dave
I am plenty experienced with windows hardware and software development in most areas except am a complete newbie for raid setup though I understand the purpose and pitfalls of each configuration just fine. I have an MSI Platinum P6N with 2G, Intel E6600, SataII 3G and three Seagate 320G Barracudas and would like to run RAID1 on the boot drive so I can regularly hot swap out one the drive in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 07 03:14 PM
by Dave Go to last post
19 359
Visat 256Mb Video Card Recommendation by Dave
Can anyone recommend a 256MB video card fro 32-bit Vista that does not completely freeze up occasionally. I have a GeForce 7900 card that randomly locks up. Only a power off-on will get it going. I am not into gaming so a low to medium performance card is all I need. No overcloking needed.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 27th 07 06:32 PM
by Dave Go to last post
23 311
DVD-RW causes BSOD by Dave
I've got an Asus DRW-1608P and every time I put a CD or DVD in it causes the system to go to a blue screen (and then reboot). I've tried loading the latest driver from Asus as well as deleting it from device manager and letting Vista reload but still doesn't work. I'm running Vista home premium 32. Any ideas?
July 14th 07 07:06 PM
by lucasfor Go to last post
1 93
Sound will not work with Logitech Prop 4000 camera by Dave
I have installed the Logitech 4000 camera along with updates. When I use the set up wizard, I hear sound from my speakers and am able to use the microphone. When I connect via Windows Messenger, I can hear through my speakers the phone ringing (when inviting someone). I can nudge someone and hear that. The moment the connection with the other party is established, the microphone and...
March 28th 07 12:53 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 107
WD Raptor Locks Up by Dave
At various different times my WD Raptor will lock up for appx 1 minute and then continue on what I was doing. It is erractic as it will do it at different times i.e. checking email, surfing the net or an application on the computer. This is a new hard drive with Vista Pre installed. Any ideas?
March 6th 07 05:32 AM
by Necrosis Go to last post
4 172
Thanks for the scanner help. by Dave
Hi - I seem to be having a problem posting to the specific "scanner" post so I jjust wanted to say thanks for the scanner help. I purchased a Canoscan 8600F. Dave
February 10th 07 10:43 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 161
compatibility issue between Windows Vista and YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Aud by Dave
I'm running Vista64 and I'm having compatibility issue with YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC (WDM)... anybody had any luck with getting this working. I don't have any sound.
February 7th 07 11:43 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 153
CD / DVD Writing by Dave
Hi, I have a number of issues with CD/DVD writing. My computer and laptop each take 2 hours to successfully burn a cd or dvd. an hour and fifty mnutes of which is allegedly copying files. This time seems extortionate when compared to the same computers doing it in 5 minutes flat using Windows XP. Any ideas?
February 20th 07 07:21 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
3 208
Memory requirement for Vista by dave bond
Can anyone tell me what is a good amount of memory to run Vista on a laptop....I know the canned answer is the more the better, but I am curious what others have experienced as the minimum amount to get the best performance. Thanks in advance. David
April 9th 08 09:07 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
7 245
Processor upgrade stops tuner working by Dave C
I have upgraded my processor and now get error message. "digital cable device registration application stopped working and was closed" I cannot now use my Tuner. If I put back in my old processor it goes away and |Tuner works. If I put in an earlier processor I had before windows Vista Ultimate upgrade I get same message. I seems only the processor i upgraded Vista with works. CAn any one...
March 1st 08 06:38 AM
by kush Go to last post
3 141
SP1 RC(refresh) wont detect card reader by Dave Cox
Just installed sp1 all is working great except my internal USB2.0 Card reader.........it isn't being detected. My portable USB Card Reader works fine when I plug it in any help would be appreciated. Dave
January 23rd 08 07:38 PM
by Peter Go to last post
7 238
Success with Agfa SnapScan 1236s Scanner [long] by Dave English[_2_]
I just thought I would post here to report that I have just had success installing and using my old Agfa SnapScan 1236 SCSI scanner on Windows Ultimate 32-bit. I will also keep a copy he http://www.sanders.demon.co.uk/VistaAgfaSnapScan.html It may be that others here can use the same technique to make their own device install properly. If you don't have the driver file for this...
October 29th 07 11:20 AM
by Dave English[_2_] Go to last post
0 102
how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can run? by Dave F
I have 2gb of RAM, an AMD dual-core processor at 1.8GHZ, and 256mb video card. So: which version of Vista would I be able to run? Thanks, Dave -- A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 10:03 PM
by Pete Go to last post
10 351
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150MCE on Vista? by Dave Hampson
Hauppauge shows Vista drivers for it on their site. Anyone using it yet? Is it worth paying the extra bucks for the 500 to get 2 tuners? I have a TV in the same room already, don't really need to record 2 things at once, and will be going to DirecTV as soon as we move to a house, hopefully in the next year. Comments, suggestions? Thanks,
December 19th 06 06:23 AM
by Some guy in Kirkland Go to last post
6 165
UMAX 3400 on Vista, anyone get it to work? by Dave Hampson
Hello, I tried installing VistaScan 3.75 but it doesn't see the scanner. I still have the upgrade for XP to install, but in the meantime, has anyone been successful with this scanner in Vista, and if so, how? It doesn't look like UMAX even knows Vista exists yet, so I'm guessing they aren't doing anything for Vista anytime soon. Thanks,
January 7th 07 08:53 PM
by NBK Go to last post

From The