Vista doesn't see my additional hard drives as part of a RAID arra by andys987
My system has been running fine for quite some time. I'm running Vista Ultimate on an ASUS P5ND2-SLI mobo. I just picked up 2 new 500 GB SATA drives to use for data storage, RAID 1 . My OS will remain as is, on a single, non-raid drive. I hooked up the two SATA drives and followed the instructions from my ASUS user guide: Via BIOS, I enabled RAID and selected the drives. Via the...
July 28th 08 02:51 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
5 214
aol & vista by aol V vista
when i had windows xp for the first time aol was installed on it i just had 2 find my modem and type my name and stuff in. well i a week before xmas i got aol 9.1 it said it runs on xp and vista ? im was getting vista 4 x mas which i now have BUT there are so many compatible problems modems' graphic cards so i got my zoom modem tp work i then found that aol 8.0 (cd) has a compatible issue...
July 28th 08 02:23 PM
by inseattle Go to last post
7 194
unknown USB device Update driver (Vista Home Prem) by Fundamentally yours
I have a Finepix DBC UD1 USB xdpicturecard reader. I get a message similar to the title when I plug it into my Vista machine The contents are pics taken on a fairly simple camera. My old xp machine reads the card perfectly. If I had a dvd burner on it I could get round the problem. and use the dvd to transport the pics to my Vista machine I cannot locate a source for the driver. The Finepix...
July 28th 08 02:21 PM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
1 175
After wring CD appears blank by Uday Sahgal
I recently installed SP1 for vista home basic 32 bit. I find that when I burn CD on my laptop with Pioneer DVD-RW, the burn processs completes but the CD's appear blank. I tried with Live system and Mastered but same result. I cannot play /open the CD's burned on my Laptop. Appreciate help in resolving this issue. -- Uday
July 28th 08 10:40 AM
by usafxai Go to last post
1 172
Mass Storage Controller cannot find driver and cannot be removed by Menicos
Hi I have a linksys NAS200 and installed an ST31000340AS 1TB HD. When windows vista is trying to install the Mass Storage Controller it remains forever and cannot be removed, does not leave the windows to shutdown and does not allow even other programs to be installed. I have replaced the NAS200 with a new one and the problem persists. so the probles is with some driver.
July 28th 08 09:44 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 182
Vivicam 5190 by Ben Ramsay[_2_]
looking for drivers for a vivicam 5190 from vivitar that will be Vista compatable
July 28th 08 07:15 AM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
5 229
Drive Space by Mavericko89
i got into zoo tycoon and decided to buy zoo tycoon 2: zookeepers collection it was able to install but when i tried to play it said i needed 256 MB of System memory to run the game and that 0 memory was detected. i'm not quite sure what system memory is but my Partition (C:) and Recovery (D:) have more than enough free space 216 GB (partition) and 7.99 GB (recovery). the hard drive where i...
July 28th 08 06:13 AM
by Mavericko89 Go to last post
4 186
How do I disable the touch pad on a laptop when I plug in a usb mo by M. Jensen[_2_]
Hello: I have a Dell Inspiron 1501, running Vista Home Premium. Overall I really like the computer, and I like Vista. Recently I had to reinstall Vista because I have this habit of tweeking settings, and sometimes I end up messing things up. (I can't help it, I use various programs like Tweek VI and change things without thinking it through at times. I guess it's the hacker mentality in me....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 08 02:46 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
15 311
Western Digital MyBook Hard Drive by [email protected]
My computer updated itself in the middle of the night, as it is set to update daily at 3 am. I have been using a Western Digital MyBook external hard drive for months, on Vista, which I installed on a computer I built myself. When I woke up this morning to use some of the applications on the external HD, it did not even show up. Sometime in the night Windows decided that the same HD it had...
July 27th 08 10:43 PM
by HelplessLuv Go to last post
4 151
Passport drive won't access files properly by rh0000
I have a Toshiba Satellite A100, bought in March 2007 and running Windows Vista Home Basic. I bought your Passport USB drive in April 2008. Right from the very start it has given problems, to do with not being able to access files because my PC freezes, or files taking a very long time to be accessed. When I plug the drive into a USB port, it can take several minutes in order to access a...
July 27th 08 09:40 PM
by rh0000 Go to last post
7 211
microphone not detected by computer naieve
friends , I have gateway laptop with windows vista home premium got recently.I just started using it for live chattiing and got a mic.But the computer would not detect it. I used 2 different headsets with earphone and mic together and I can hear but mic is not detected. I checked with msn msgr audio toolls. I went to control panel /sounds/ it would show the laptop speakers but would not show...
July 27th 08 06:56 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
2 173
No audio, video by Jason C[_2_]
I recently installed a desktop theme that I downloaded from the Internet. Since installing the theme, I no longer have any audio at all, and WMP will not play videos. Any attempt to play videos in WMP results in the following error: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." Other media players, such as the Divx Player and VLC, do play videos, but without audio. So...
July 27th 08 06:20 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 140
ACREDITE FUNCIONA!!!!! by [email protected]
Ganhar dinheiro rápido e honesto meu blog http://jet72.zip.net/ : QUER GANHAR UM BOM DINHEIRO? FAÇA COMO NÓS ! : COMO TRANSFORMAR 12 REAIS EM NO MINIMO DOZE MIL REAIS !! : EU TAMBEM NÃO ACREDITAVA!! VOCÊ É CAPAZ, APENAS FAÇA FUNCIONAR.!
July 27th 08 04:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 123
auto play by ryan curiel
since i installed windows vista home premium sp1 on my hp pavillion dv5220la autoplay just wont work, i have tryed everthing. registry,enable/disable nothing wont work, can anyone help me
July 27th 08 03:55 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
1 142
Blank Screen on Start Up by immattr
I have a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 running Vista SP1. I brought it back from sleep mode, logged in as usual, but can only get a blank screen. I have tried to restart and get the same result; a blank screen with a cursor. Screen saver runs, I can get to Task Manager and even start some programs from there, but never can get Vista to boot properly. I can start in Safe Mode and have captured...
July 26th 08 08:46 PM
by immattr Go to last post
0 179
Vista 64 bit ultimate flight stick by truebrit
I have a saitek x52 and a sidewinder precision pro and can not get them to work,i have looked on google and had no luck,has anyone else got them working? -- truebrit
July 26th 08 06:39 PM
by truebrit Go to last post
0 170
Synv WM 5 and Outlook 2007 by devoncatt
Using Windows Mobile 5 device( XDA Mini) and Windows Mobile Device centre beta 3 Windows Vista RTM. I can sync files and media files with no problems but the check boxes won't allow me to sync appointments, to do lists or contacts. Only Firewall is windows defender, AVG anti virus. Microsoft defender lists Windows mobile device centre as not classified yet not permitted and won't let me...
July 26th 08 04:46 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
3 197
Additional monitor displays background but nothing else. by Sideways
My additional monitor displays the desktop background but no other information at all. I am running Vista Home Premium. Can anyone please help me to get the second screen (Samsung 245B) to replicate what's on the first (Fjitsu Amilo 1718)?
July 26th 08 03:34 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
4 179
Widescreen Monitor by Sir Turtlehead
I replaced my old 17" CRT monitor (4:3 ratio??) with a 19" widescreen and everything is stretched out. How do adjust the aspect ratio in Vista? When I change "optimal aspect ratio" setting through my monitor to off, the ratio looks great but it does not use the entire screen and is obviously not in widescreen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 08 01:44 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
17 323
Can't Install D-Link USB ISDN TA in Vista HELP!!!!!! by JdeeHere
I live in a section of Ireland that will never have BroadBand access, so the best I can do is ISDN. I purchased a D-Link USB ISDN TA (DU-128TA+ Version B2) modem and it works perfectly in XP but can't install it in Vista no how no way. I have to use a external analog modem and use the standard drivers since Vista doesn't support Intel Modems either. Is there anyway I can install my ISDN TA...
July 26th 08 01:16 PM
by seyfer Go to last post

From The