Mystery equipment appears in Device Manager by davegthomas
Lately I have been receiving a message that Windows Ultimate wishes to install an unknown device, as I thought everything was already installed, I looked at device manager and I find that I have the following installed that I know nothing about!: Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard...
August 16th 07 09:45 PM
by K. Dickson[_2_] Go to last post
2 187
Screen display by davej
My screen has changed from a landscape to a portrait on my laptop. Does anyone know how to change it back. -- davej
November 10th 07 02:04 AM
by Ali Go to last post
3 99
realtek HD audio by davenemz
HELP! i have just got my PC with vista home premium on it and have no sound what so ever it says that the device is working properly and that the drivers are up to date but nero player and WMP both say no sound device installed when trying to play test tones in the settings it says failed to play test tone i have tried all of the obvious but still no luck can any one please help me many...
February 27th 08 10:03 AM
by FreeDevin[_2_] Go to last post
4 142
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K16S ATA Device driver by DaveTAK
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite R-20 w/a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K16S ATA Device. Last monday after using upgrade advisor & following the instructions, I (upgraded ?) to Vista Ultimate. I've spent the last few days dealing w/ stuff like new printer drivers & getting my wireless working again. While getting my wireless working, I got a wireless gaming adapter, that J & R sent me for an ethernet...
September 9th 07 10:24 AM
by BENAGLIA Go to last post
2 135
IEEE 1394/Firewire and Vista Ultimate by DaveW[_2_]
I'm out of ideas. I've got a new computer with Vista Ultimate installed and an ASUS motherboard with front and back 1394 connectors. I can't get my video camera (Sony DCR-TRV30) to be recognized by the computer. Here's what I've done so far. Checked the device manager no problems with the driver (no !) Purchased new firewire cables ( 2 new ones) = no change. Purchased a new firewire PCI card...
March 17th 09 07:34 PM
by cmahendra[_4_] Go to last post
3 202
This snipping tool by Davey Jones
Ive done everything you guys suggested,now im beginning to think there is no snipping tool for vista basic that i have in the toshiba. Is that right ?
March 18th 08 01:43 AM
by Bob Go to last post
9 226
Am I suffering from KB940199 by [email protected]
I don't have a Infcache.1 in the %Windir%\System32 directory and my Infcache.1 in %Windir%\inf is constantly getting corrupted! Most USB devices won't install automatically and I am reduced to deleting Infcache.1 in %Windir%\inf\Infcache.1 and then manually selecting the device. I have never recieved the "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows...
February 22nd 08 06:43 PM
by sector7g Go to last post
3 151
DVD drive not present by David
I installed windows vista home premium 64 bit on my ferarri 4000 model 4005 which has 2 gig of ram now anyways the cd/dvd burner on it no longer is showing up or auto detecting cds being put into my dvd drive why dose this happen and how do I fix it I have the upgrade version and upgraded from windows xp pro I just want a working drive that shows up like with xp
March 17th 07 11:32 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 174
Dell Latitude D410 w/ Intel 915GM Graphics Chipset Display Problem by David
Running Vista RC1 32-bit System is a dell latitude d410 w. intel 915gm display chipset. Problem is that the screen can only be set at a maximum of 1024x768 under resolution for the PnP monitor and that it can not be increased to the native resolution of 1280x1024 when using the pnp monitor, there is another monitor listed, the default monitor and when selected it will allow me to change the...
November 5th 06 09:16 PM
by Mike H. Go to last post
1 129
blue screen by david
my computer notifies me of error 3 which is panda process protection service. this service isnt starting. when i try to start it it is missing a device. i cant find or download this device. this is the cause of my blue sceen
March 2nd 08 03:19 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 135
no printer driver for hp laserjet 4l by david
I cannot run my HP Laserjet 4L printer on windows Vista - the HP website says use the add printer wizard - but that doesn't work. can anyone help? thanks.
February 18th 08 01:16 PM
by Cybersave Go to last post
4 134
Secondary display problems vista 64 by David
Hi, my ATI 2600pro works with the secondary display, however Vista only recognises the secondary as a generic non pnp monitor, I cant seem to update the driver beyond this, its a problem because the ATi drivers only allow a refresh rate of 25i on this screen, which is rubbish, looks like the hardware isn't even being used. It's a HD display and will support up to 1080i at up to 100hz, which...
December 11th 07 12:49 PM
by David Go to last post
0 103
Realtek onboard sound and Visat 64 by David
Hi my motherboard is a P35+ICH9, latest bios and the latest Audio drivers/codecs and the 5.1 doesnt work, i can get audio but only one channel and one input the microphone, beyond this nothing. Any ideas whats the problem. Thanks.
December 12th 07 03:09 AM
by brink[_2279_] Go to last post
3 168
Sidewinder Dual Strike Game Controller by David
I have installed the software for the controller. The software sees the Dual Strike but when I goto select properties to configure the controller I am greeted with the following message: There was an internal error.... The system then closes the Rundll32 file. I have to say that its very disappointing that Microsoft's own product does not work correctly on its state of the art OS.
February 7th 07 01:02 AM
by David Go to last post
0 200
Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ????? by David
Hi All, Just have a query in regards to setting up my 20" Dell Flat Panel monitor. I have been unable to find drivers anywhere for Windlws Vista 32 Bit for this product and was wondering if anyone may be able to shed some light on this Problem for me. Monitor works fine with Vista but the reason Im looking for drivers is because the USB ports on monitor are not working, all cables...
May 3rd 07 12:34 PM
by Willard Go to last post
7 148
RAID and defrag does not work by David
I have recently ugraded XP to Vista Business. I have a RAID-1 with Silicon Raid drivers. The computer works fine as it used to but I find that the Vista defrag command in the C-drive properties box does not work, i.e. nothing happens. I was wondering if defrag does not work because the 2 HDD drives are set up as RAID-1, or if Vista has a problem? Has anyone done a defragment on their hard...
March 17th 07 10:32 PM
by David Go to last post
5 168
Charging Issues by David
The Battery in my model dv9000 computer is dead. It is plugged into AC power and the computer works fine. The battery icon shows AC power is connected but, the lightning bolt isn't showing indicating that the battery is not charging.
April 25th 08 06:13 PM
by Jack J[_2_] Go to last post
9 143
Vista reports HDD failure. by David
Recenlty installed Vista Business. Have a RAID-1 configuration. Ever since Vista installed, I keep getting random alerts on startup about one of my HDD's imminent failure and to do a system backup 'now'. I have been ignoring this, (but I have done a backup!). Anyway, I am not sure which HDD is supposed to be failing. I think it is rubbish because they are only about 6 months old. Any ideas?...
March 17th 07 04:55 PM
by CrimLiar Go to last post
5 147
S I Raid 3114 Controller update by David
For those who might be interested, (many of you), my Vista automatic 'updates' informed me today of an update to Silicon Image's 3114 RAID Controller, which I loaded and so far so good.
March 17th 07 10:36 PM
by David Go to last post
0 131
SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec by David
Hello! Possible bug follows: I just recently installed RC1 and it was pretty smooth--except for the sound. While it runs mostly out of the box and I can not record anything using my microphone. At first it used some generic driver (Microsoft High Defintion Audio.. something like that) and after fiddling with it I think I was able to get it to use the updated driver from Windows Update to...
September 8th 06 05:00 PM
by David Go to last post

From The