Audio Problem with 5.1 Speaker Configuration by Derek Nunes
I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, but I have had a simillar problem in the past with XP 32-bit. I'm using the Realtek HD Audio drivers (latest version) the codec is ALC882 and my speakers are Altec-Lansing 251 series 5.1 surround sound. I have no problems with 5.1 sound like many it works perfectly fine except in a few instances. Problem 1: When watching DVD movies if my speaker...
September 22nd 07 03:36 PM
by DP Go to last post
5 114
Vista and ATI 8.5 Display driver atikmdag crashes by Derek[_6_]
With the ATI Catalyst 8.1 or 8.5 installed, I was getting the error message "Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered" error whilst playing games and Google earth, then blue screens appeared eventually. Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Intel Core 2 E8300 2.88Ghz 2G DDR2 800 ATI Radeon HD3690 256mb 1 Seagate 500G SATA II 7200 w/32mb
July 16th 09 06:47 PM
by jalex3 Go to last post
8 1,148
Do all Flash Drives have password protection? by Derek__LL2
Do *all* Flash Drives have a password protection option? Thanks. Derek__LL2
March 27th 08 02:26 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 258
Firewire problems due to KB925902 by Deren Smith
Ever since I installed last weeks Vista security patch (KB925902), Vista no longer see's my firewire external hard drive. Does anyone know if Microsoft has released a patch to fix the problems that KB925902 has produced? Thanks
April 9th 07 11:54 AM
by Rebus Go to last post
2 179
Limited connection with wireless network by DerickB
I have had problems with vista since installing it and trying to use a wireless network. I am using Dlink DIR655 and DWA652, and most of the time it comes up with unknown network, even though it connects to the network, but does not seem to get the IP address through DHCP,so IPV4 is local and IPV6 is limited. Every now and again it will work, but I have been trying to get it work for the...
November 23rd 07 09:44 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 122
PCMCIA IEEE 1394 by derob23
Recently, after much vacillation between getting Windows XP or Vista on a new laptop purchase, I settled on a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium. I just bought an Adaptec Fireconnect IEEE 1394 PCMCIA card to perform some video capture. The Adaptec website said there should be Vista drivers available on the Vista CD (wrong!). Well, when I plugged in the card, the computer failed to...
December 10th 07 01:01 AM
by derob23 Go to last post
4 159
Logitech Headset Problems by DeSade
It is a USB connected headset, it did not come with drivers at all. The headset is not working to the standard it was working before and it is not detecting properly Its detecting as {0.0.1.00000000}.{fc1d4d89-bead for output (that would be the headphones) and as Unknown for input (microphone). This is happening in both Ventrilo and in game sound set up from a MMO I play but it was showing as...
August 6th 08 03:02 AM
by DeSade Go to last post
8 157
Wireless Headset by DeSade
Does anyone use a wireless headset? I want a full headphone type over both ears capable of pumping through both voice and game sounds from 2 different applications at the same time. Wireless is a must as I am sick of getting the wires in the way, clear sound is crucial also. Any recommendations, anyone use a wireless set, I have having a very hard time trying to find one that will do the...
September 10th 08 05:26 AM
by mtc Go to last post
3 252
My 500gb sumodisk external hard drive isn't working anyway. by desbest
Hey I know this problem is has alot of words to read but please read it. Yesterday my 500gb capacity drive (i have used up 15gb space) worked fully which I named BX2BXsq The next time I got to use my drive, lots of folders were deleted. I restarted my computer and accessed my drive and this error came up E:\ is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
February 6th 08 08:20 AM
by desbest Go to last post
9 170
Ipod Touch not properly recognized by Vista by desdecinci
I recently bought an Ipod Touch and when I tried to connect to Itunes from my computer the device was not automatically recognized by Itunes. Instead I got Vista's Autoplay menu which gave me the following three options: - Import pictures using windows - Open Device Using Windows Explorer - Take no action When I go to the device manager and I look at the properties of my Ipod (under...
July 30th 08 08:06 PM
by jpniel Go to last post
6 199
test by DesDeMoaner
test (sorry)
February 22nd 09 05:08 PM
by DesDeMoaner Go to last post
0 274
Boot Setup by desgnr
When i leave a USB flash drive in & boot the PC i get a message to remove disk. When i remove the Flash Drive the PC boots up. I want to leave the flash Drive in all the time. I tried to change the boot sequence. My Options a Boot Menu:
December 26th 08 05:21 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
1 200
realtek ac97 drivers by desperate Confused computerer
When i try to install these i get an error message from vista saying the driver is unsigned. I click install any way but just get the same message minutes later. have installed the realtek hd driver but cannot get sound from my front speakers. Please help its driving me mad.
June 3rd 08 12:01 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
3 138
Vista looses slave drive... by [email protected]
Hi all. I am new-new-new to Vista. Don't know enough (about bios or any of that) to research my issue. Here's my deal...if I leave the computer on for a few days or what not my computer looses my slave drive. This drive is what I keep my pics and music on... When I reboot the drive re-appears. Any ideas as to why? This has just
July 8th 08 04:10 AM
by dezzilu Go to last post
4 196
intel chipset drivers by dessy
i have 2 motheboards one with intel 955x chipset and the other with intel 965x chipset now ive installed rc2 on both boards l seems to be working fine , but i cant see if any intel chipset drivers have been installed. These drivers are needed for the motherboards to work properly . ive been to intels site and dont see any drivers for vista,,does any one know if microsoft has already...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 09 06:51 AM
by blackcookie[_2_] Go to last post
15 470
speakers crackling static'y, gets worse over time until inevitable BSOD crash by Destin_FL
Hello all, Another one of the countless problems with Vista I am hoping someone might have an answer for. Velocity Micro, 256 MB video card, 4 GB RAM, dual-core 2.66, Vista Ultimate. Integrated sound. When the computer starts, everything works perfectly well... well, Vista being essentially a joke, but when it isn't crashed BSOD, it works fine. I start Adobe Creative Suite products,...
January 12th 08 07:45 AM
by Patrick[_8_] Go to last post
1 133
My Computer hangs / delays because of waiting for external drives by Destin_FL
Hello, Vista Ultimate... two Lacie external drives, a 500GB USB and a 250GB Firewire. When I go to My Computer (just Computer now in Vista of course) the act of opening that process in Explorer hesitates / hangs / delays while Vista is waiting to sort of spin up these external drives, you know it feels as though Vista has told them to suspend or something when not in use. I have tried...
November 30th 07 10:48 PM
by Destin_FL Go to last post
4 254
Vista and Dell Dimen.4700 Soundmax drivers by detroit03
Hello, I have a dell dimension 4700 with a soundmax audio card. I found lastnight while installing vista that there is a conflict between vista and the current driver for the audio card. After talking with a microsoft rep, and over an hour on the phone, that the driver was indeed stopping the computer from shutting down...i would hit shutdown, and it would just reboot. I would get a message...
January 31st 07 07:02 PM
by detroit03 Go to last post
0 166
Help! No DVD drive detected after iPod connection by Deuce
I have a 6 month old HP Pavilion dv2310 notebook running Vista Home Premium. My problem started when I hooked up my iPod for the first time. After syncing with iTunes I noticed that my CD/DVD drive would no longer work. Sure enough, the iPod had taken the E: drive designation which had been used by my CD/DVD. So, I used disc management to assign another drive letter to the iPod and...
January 20th 08 11:37 AM
by maysefooters Go to last post
7 196
HDMI by Deuce1972
I am not getting any video or audio on my 37" Toshiba Regza from my laptop. The laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6565 with a HDMI port. It is less than 2 months old. The connection worked fine for the first couple of times it was hooked up. The only problem I noticed was a lag every once in a while when trying to watch a movie.
November 28th 07 04:33 AM
by Deuce1972 Go to last post

From The