Lite-On SH-16A7S DVD RW drive by Neil
I have this drive which I thought was working perfectly well (playing movies, reading data DVDs and CDs, and writing data DVDs & CDs) until I tried to play three particular movies recently: Star Wars, Episode II (Attack of the Clones); Star Wars Episode III (Revenge of the Sith); Spiderman 2. All the bonus discs associated with these titles play ok, as do the other titles in the Star Wars...
May 31st 07 10:28 PM
by Neil Go to last post
6 124
Help with any of the following...? (xposted) by Julian
DVD burning: (RW disk used) So, I drop some files and say burn... off goes Vista and then the window disappears never to return despite disk activity... And nothing happens. A balloon pops up saying I have files to write "Click here..." and nothing happens when I do. And when I try to eject the disk it says files are in use, but offers to allow me to Continue - which will "close all files",...
May 31st 07 10:34 PM
by Julian Go to last post
7 97
Sis driver update for Sis Accelerated Graphics Port by Mário Rui
After update from microsoft update, I have artifacts in the display. This driver was errors. Why Microsoft publish this driver????? I have to remove the driver. What about this Microsoft??????????
June 1st 07 12:06 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 98
USB Keyboard Driver Issues by Kevin Herrera
First some background: I'm a gamer and I had the MERC Zboard installed and functioning on my installation of Windows Vista Home Premium. I decided one day that my keyboard was too big and clunky so I decided to purchase Creative's Fatal1ty keyboard. I booted up my computer and was able to use it but was promptly greeted by the Device installation popups. Problem: Every time I start Windows...
June 1st 07 12:24 AM
by Kevin Herrera Go to last post
4 120
I Can't Install an Olympus Camera or a Kodak Card Reader by Rubberknuckle
I have Vista Home Premium on a no-name computer I assembled myself running 2 GB of RAM. It has performed flawlessly since installation about the time Vista was released here in Australia, till now. We bought an Olympus FE-210 digital camera and a Kodak 8-in-1 Card Reader to read the xD card in the camera, but I can't get the computer to install either of them. In both cases, the items are...
June 1st 07 12:28 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 114
Sagem 800 DSL Modem by Living in Poland
I am currently trying to install a Sagem 800 ADSL modem on my laptop to gain access to the internet. However, apparently, after I install the Windows Vista capable drivers, then plug in the modem, I get a Code 18 error message telling me to install the drivers again.........endless loop of woe. When I plug in the modem, and look under Control Panel, Hardware, it shows me the modem...
June 1st 07 01:22 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 131
Wireless lost after sleep by Mac
I've this laptop - www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=436053&camp_id=CHEETAH%20MARKETING When it comes out of sleep it doesn't reconnect to the internet via my wireless hub, but it does get what it calls a "local only" connection. So I have to click on disconnect and then connect to get the net back. Works fine on restart, but not after sleep. Any ideas?
June 1st 07 02:02 PM
by Mac Go to last post
7 115
Stuck in 800x600 with 4bit color with 8800 gts!! by Chris
Hey all...I have been so frustrated the past few days. I just set up my new computer a few days ago. I installed windows xp and everything worked perfectly...I then used the vista upgrade that i got free when i purchased xp (it was a deal on newegg a few months ago) Vista installed fine but I have been stuck in 800x600 with 4bit color. I have installed the latest drivers several times, both...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 02:10 PM
by freddy Go to last post
17 293
USB Mass Storage Devices Unrecognized (Vista) by Jason
Hi all, It appears that I'm one in a growing number of people with this problem, so I figured I may as well jump in! I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and backed-up all my XP files (music, photos, etc.) to a brand-new Maxtor OneTouch III external USB drive. After installing Vista, the drive was detected as a mass storage device and worked like a charm (this was about a week ago); I've used...
June 1st 07 03:04 PM
by GTS Go to last post
9 108
Microphone or Sound Input Device Problem by thatguy181
Hi, I recently purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm loving it so far, incredibly fast, the machine is incredibly more powerful than my old machine, but I've got a problem. I enjoy playing online video games, in many of these games, I use a voice chat program called Ventrilo. I chat just fine, but there are times when I get a weird message. Granted, I can't get it...
June 1st 07 03:09 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 109
SATA drive listings under "Computer" by Barrie
I have an Intel motherboard that has six SATA cable sockets and I am using one for a drive and another for a connection to a port on the front panel of the computer. When the drives are listed under Computer or Manage Drives, the four unused sockets are shown as empty "removable media" drives. I do not want to see these as they just confuse that page. How do I hide them?
June 1st 07 03:11 PM
by Barrie Go to last post
2 129
Vista/NIC Issues by Anthony
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Dell is clueless (no huge surprise there) amd Intel won't help me. At Vista startup, my NIC/Lan connection comes up in the tasktray with a caution icon over it. Yellow triangular sign with an exclamation point in it. When I diagnose and repair, I have to use the option to reset the device, power it on and off, to get it work. From there, my internet...
June 1st 07 04:45 PM
by DellCA Go to last post
1 114
Vista not detecting CD-RW by guywilson
I have a Dell Dimension 4500, 2.8 GHz P4, 1Gig RAM. I loaded Vista Home Premium onto a spare partition so that I dual boot with XP. I have a DVD ROM drive (Samsung) - which Vista detects and displays every time in My Computer and Device Manager. But my NEC CD-RW it does not see - not even in Device Manager. I can make it see the drive by using detect new hardware and opening and closing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 05:37 PM
by falc410 Go to last post
14 275
TV functions of Radeon AIW x1900 don't work in Vista by [email protected]
I recently bought a new machine with a Radeon AIW x1900 video card. It worked wonderfully with XP. With Vista the TV functions don't work at all. Does anyone know if ATI is going to support the TV functions in Vista? Although they advertise the card as completely Vista compatible, their Catalyst download site simply states that the TV functions don't work in the current version of Catalyst but...
June 1st 07 06:42 PM
by Curious Go to last post
2 112
||_|| Why my TV Tuner?!?! by Andy
Hello, I have a tuner and... it doesn't work! My TV tuner is an AverMedia M1A2 (in US it's AverMedia Purity 3D MCE 300). The AverMedia folks did not give a Vista Driver, so i've got a XP one. Now: - The XP one WORKS on Vista, i've got the unpacked drivers and everything - The tuner doesn't work on EITHER Vista or XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exception: - The tuner worked on XP (but only on XP!) for about...
June 1st 07 06:47 PM
by Tim Go to last post
1 118
can't install printer by check
Managed to install a network printer (attached to and shared by a XP machine) on two Vista (Ultimate) machines, but on the third, I get an error message when trying to connect to the printer "print monitor not recognised". It's an Epson Stylus Photo R300 btw. Thanks,
June 1st 07 06:54 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 115
Problem with mouse in Vista by Russell Reid
I have an Intellimouse Explorer 3 usb (optical) that I am using on my Vista business machine. I have installed the latest Intellipoint software. Vista continually (and randomly) reads single clicks as double clicks. I have checked all mouse settings and they are correct for single click mode. I have tested the mouse on several Win XP boxes and this problem does not occur, so I am pretty...
June 1st 07 08:57 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 101
web cam by reni
Hp laptop with vista does not seem to detect the webcam the latest drivers are installed and the webcam works fine as it detects on muvee auto producer
June 1st 07 09:54 PM
by Tina Go to last post
1 116
Vista x64 not addressing all memory (4GB in my case) by Peter Hanraets
Hi, My Machine is a Dell Dimension 9150, I've recently installed an additional 2GB in my system. I was already running Windows Vista x64, the OS is telling me I have 3582MB RAM installed (BIOS shows 4GB). What could be making this happen?? Bad drivers??? I have an ATI X600 and a Creative X-Fi and some unbranded Firewire card installed (the latter is detected without additional...
June 1st 07 11:01 PM
by jabloomf1230 Go to last post
2 127
Problem with my microphone by Pierre Brunetti
Hello, I'm french, but i'm using Vista Business edition in english. I wanted to try the vista speech recognition. So I installed my webcam, because there's a microphone built into it, and I started the tutorial. It worked really well. Then I tried the training, and it worked well too. So I decided to start the "real" speech recognition, but I had to configure my microphone first. And here...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 2nd 07 01:27 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The