I have loaded, uninstalled, and reinstalled iTunes several times. Installing iTunes makes my cd/dvd drive disappear. Then I have to remove upper filters to get the drive back and then when I reinstall iTunes, the drive goes away again. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks -- jlg
August 25th 07 01:46 AM
by Mac Go to last post
1 199
Can I switch from IDE to AHCI on the fly just by changing the setting in the CMOS? by Windows User Undefined
Or will I have to reformat and reinstall Vista? I was unaware of this setting until recently as I have never owned a SATA II drive. Thanks for any help with this.
August 25th 07 01:34 AM
by gandalfthegrey Go to last post
8 163
Can't explore external harddrive by Idos
Hi all, I want to explore my external harddrive. But when I go to Computer - Drive L (My External Drive). The explorer doesn't change. It keeps showing the Computer folder. But I can still access it via address bar (the one to the left of search box) by manually type the address letter of my external hard drive (L:). I wonder what is wrong with my computer, or is it some kind of virus?
August 25th 07 01:32 AM
by Idos Go to last post
0 135
F: Drive wont recognise disks by spiky1013
I just bought a laptop today and when i put a disk in the disk drive it doesnt even seem to realise its there. I've been trying to install a few games and when i go to my computer then click on the F: drive it says there is no disk and to insert a disk. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get my drive working George
August 24th 07 11:42 PM
by spiky1013 Go to last post
4 152
SATA drives correct jumping 150/s or 300/s ? by George
Hi, I, running Vista Ultimate on a 3.40GHZ Pentium-4 PC with 2GB of RAM All my drives are SATA, my primary "C" drive is a WD360 Raptor 10,000 rpm, my second and third drive are Seagate Barracuda 7.200 RPM. When accessing my secondary drives, Vista is slow. I have both Seagate unjumped (300/s) and I wonder if this is the correct setting or should I install the jump to lower to 150/s?
August 24th 07 10:02 PM
by John[_4_] Go to last post
3 135
Installed Samsung SH-S183L DVD-Writer on 64 bit Vista Ultimate. by wripples
Shows up on device manager. No drivers installed and will not accept my administrater for driver installation. I am the only user on this computer and it is not networked. Please, please , someone help!!!!
August 24th 07 08:41 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 144
External sound card (USB) by Amour
Gents, my Sound card connect using USB port, Vista can recognize the sound card and install correctly, on my selection in the software it appear that can not be located by vista to run the program, I am very much experience with my software it works very good with all the pc's which have XP, this error on Vista Please advise with many thanks
August 24th 07 08:30 PM
by Amour Go to last post
0 138
Having problem choosing which side to place heatsink. by GT
I got thermalright xp-90 and I'm having problem choosing which side to place the heatsink. If i put it to the left side the heatsink 92mm fan would be close to the rear 120mm exhaust fan and the 120mm PSU fan by below 1 inch and it would also blow air on alot of transistor and small chips. If i put it on the right side it would be in the middle far away from the rear 120mm exhaust fan and...
August 24th 07 02:15 PM
by peter Go to last post
1 122
Lexmark x6170 and Microsoft VX1000 Camera by Geoff Clarke[_2_]
Has anyone solved the problems yet of driving the Lexmark printer on Vista Home Basic - EVEN - after installing the latest Vista drivers for Lexmark - my printer has to be switched off and back on in order to print ONE document, and Despite all the assurances from Microsoft with the Vista Drivers for the VX range - Sorry Micrsoft but it still does not work on Vista - roll back to XP would...
August 24th 07 01:32 PM
by Geoff Clarke[_2_] Go to last post
0 127
Very strange sound prob by rbwillm
Howdy all, I have a real weird one, i'm running home premium & can't get any sound from the general windows sounds (minimise, recycle) but can get sound from windows media player & itunes, my drivers are up to date & i have checked all the settings & properties. -- Rob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 07 01:08 PM
by rbwillm Go to last post
18 193
Unable to burn DVD+RW by cnoyes
I am trying to burn files to a Memorex DVD+RW using my Lite-On DVD burner. When I insert and select the autoplay option to burn files to disc, it prompts to format it. I then get an error message that says that Windows was unable to format the disc. I have also tried using Media Player, DVD Maker, and Nero 7. None work. I have had no problems, however, burning CD-R's. Any thoughts?
August 24th 07 10:22 AM
by cnoyes Go to last post
2 124
Multifunction Epson Stylus CX5200 by john
Hi Folks I've had help from people on here before so now it's my turn(!) .... A few days ago I posted a message saying I was having trouble with my CX5200. It is on my new 'Vista Home Premium' Pc and is being shared by my older 'XP' Pc (using a router network). Some facilities didn't work at all, the printing process was dead slow (especially when printing from the 'XP' Pc), I couldn't see...
August 24th 07 05:40 AM
by john Go to last post
1 136
Encoding Problem: Right Codec? by FrancieM
I want to make a dvd on Windows DVD Maker that includes pictures (jpeg), video (AVI) and audio (WMA). My problem is that it all works fine until it stops encoding when it reaches 8.6%. An error message then comes up saying to 'make sure you have the necessary codec' etc. Has this happened to anyone else and do they know how to sort it out? (Sorry, but I don't really understand all the...
August 24th 07 03:48 AM
by Karin Go to last post
1 115
cd/dvd drive not read different media by ljsyring
I can not change between different types of cd's on my computer. Example: I am using Printmaster and want to insert a picture off a disc. It tells me to put in the appropriate disk. I do it reads it fine. I try to insert another picture but this time it requires another disk. The D: drive will not read it unless I completely shut down my computer and start all over. Everything on my...
August 24th 07 02:52 AM
by ljsyring Go to last post
0 135
More backspace key issues by Jeff
I can't delete text I have highlighted using the backspace key in Vista. Anyone know what's going on?
August 24th 07 02:46 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 138
Monitor Acceleration by UrbanPioneer
My monitor has had issues for quite some time now. The only way I can keep it from EXTREME flickering is to set it to a low resolution, lower the refresh rate (I know it's supposed to be the opposite, but this is what I have to do), and turn off the monitor acceleration. On Vista, the troubleshoot page says that my driver won't allow changing acceleration settings. Huh? It's the same...
August 24th 07 12:55 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 117
How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board? by Robert James
How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board? Intel I think is not going to offer any drivers for vista for this mother board. I really cantgo for a new pc right now. :( Is there a way around. Thanks James
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 07 12:24 AM
by KickinChicken Go to last post
10 270
Sound problem after install of device on windows update by Mr.Kitten
After i install this update Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller, when i enter the dound properties is shows that there is a problem with yourt sound drive and says do you want to disable the enchanced sound interface plus when i close the sound properties of the sound device it says rundll3232 stopped working.when i install the...
August 23rd 07 11:18 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 144
Epson Stylus CX5200 by john
Hi Folks I've had help from people on here before so now it's my turn(!) .... A few days ago I posted a message saying I was having trouble with my CX5200. It is on my new 'Vista Home Premium' Pc and is being shared by my older 'XP' Pc (using a router network). Some facilities didn't work at all, the printing process was dead slow (especially when printing from the 'XP' Pc), I couldn't see...
August 23rd 07 10:09 PM
by john Go to last post
0 124
Epson Stylus CX5200 by john
Hi Folks I've had help from people on here before so now it's my turn(!) .... A few days ago I posted a message saying I was having trouble with my CX5200. It is on my new 'Vista Home Premium' Pc and is being shared by my older 'XP' Pc (using a router network). Some facilities didn't work at all, the printing process was dead slow (especially when printing from the 'XP' Pc), I couldn't...
August 23rd 07 09:43 PM
by john Go to last post

From The