Linux And Windows by Automaticgood
Hello, Im Useing Windows vista and i was wanting to know if i can install Linux with Windows? i heard u can Install Two Operating systems on your computer. but will it work with Linux though? -- Automaticgood
May 27th 09 04:30 PM
by Automaticgood Go to last post
5 323
Sound in safemode?(Not a new question eh?) by Automaticgood
Hello, im useing Windows vista home premium 32bit. i was wandering if their was a way to edit the registry or use a Command Prompt Phrase to manually enable the sound drives? the reason that im in safe mode is just because O.o well, i got more access too things, and yes Normal mode works PERFECTLY so dont ask :P So.. Any Solutions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 09 06:51 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
18 639
Which joystick should I get that will work in Vista Home Premium? by Autumnale
I was thinking about getting a joystick. Or maybe the XBox 360 wireless controller. But I heard that the Xbox 360 doesn't really work with most games. I was thinking specifically of Battlefield 2. Anyone know of a joystick that actually has Vista support? Maybe even Vista 64 support?
December 30th 07 06:12 PM
by Brett I. Holcomb Go to last post
1 118
Installing Vista on a new partition by Auutumn
I just used Acronis Disk Director 10 to create a new 40GB partition. I used the OS Loader to Boot from CD and when Vista was installing, it asked me to select a partition to use. I selected the newly created partition but clicking on Next did nothing. There was a msg at the bottom of the screen that basically said that the device driver for the partition (drive) might not be...
September 27th 06 05:47 AM
by Auutumn Go to last post
0 209
Can't select new partition to install Vista by Auutumn
I just used Acronis Disk Director 10 to create a new 40GB partition. I used the OS Loader to Boot from CD and when Vista was installing, it asked me to select a partition to use. I selected the newly created partition but clicking on Next did nothing. There was a msg at the bottom of the screen that said basically that the device driver for the partition (drive) might not be...
September 27th 06 05:48 AM
by Auutumn Go to last post
0 208
problem in cd/dvd drive detection by avadh2112
Hi . i am windows vista user and i am using a laptop in which since 2 days i m having a problem where the computer is not showing the f drive that is the cd/dvd drive......it only shows "C" and "D" drive and not the 3rd drive which it should show....in the device manager as well its not showing the 3rd drive.So i cant use any cd or dvd as its not showing the device on my pc. help me regarding...
February 16th 08 11:06 PM
by avadh2112 Go to last post
0 109
DVD Player Stopped Working by Avandersluis
Pass this on to others, it may help. It seems that a driver update has added either an upper or lower filter for the DVD player registry in the system registry. I found that my DVD player didn't show up at all in the explorer, and when I went to burn a DVD/CD it gave me a message that the media wasn't found. Here is the fix I found after waisting my time trying to remedy the
September 22nd 08 01:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 236
mouse settings by avanrotciv
hello, I'm having problems with my mouse/touch pad on my laptop, it seems like windows forgets how I configured them last time I used, I have to set it up (pointer speed, enhanced precision) every time I reboot my machine, any clue? At first I thought I had something to do with my logitech wireless mouse, but I have tried setting up just the touch pad, then reboot but nothing, it just...
June 3rd 08 12:49 AM
by Inquisitive_1 Go to last post
5 188
DVDRW wont work in windows by avantg2
I have recently installed windows vista home premium on my newly built computer. My DVD rom shows up in the bios and on windows when you go to my computer. However when you place a CD or DVD in and the autorun kicks in the screen goes nuts with diagnally running lines. The computer also locks up and has to be restarted. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this?
February 25th 07 11:44 PM
by Jonathan Yaniv Go to last post
1 268
Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC? by Avarice
My computer is over 4 years old now and I am ready to turn it into a secondary computer in my home. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate installed on it, but because the hardware is somewhat old, I'm not getting a very good experience with it. With that said, I'm ready to "go all out" with the designing of my new PC. I am looking for different Windows Vista PC design guides, but was...
February 18th 07 09:34 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 246
no drivers for cd rom or dvd rw by AvArmyGammer
HEY i have same problem NO CD DRIVE or DVD or BURNER Drivers dont install !!!RC1 wont install correct driver or let you install one what gives? This same Pc had XPx64Pro on it worked flawless then i Reformated and CLEAN INSTALL VistaRC1 Nforce3 board with 1gigMem Nvidia 6800Vid ....So how can this be fixed is this a prob with RC2???????Imay hve to stick with XPprox64for lil longer even its...
October 16th 06 04:09 AM
by AvArmyGammer Go to last post
0 165
Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media center? by avdog
I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same problem but cannot find a answer anyware?
April 1st 07 10:01 PM
by Lomax Go to last post
7 209
DVD Maker by avdog
DVD maker does not show writer in drop down list? Media player shows in list but when I go to burn its says connect burner and restart? New computer with Vista installed Asus DRW-1612 writer
February 22nd 07 09:42 PM
by avdog Go to last post
0 212
BSOD Vista Ultimate 64-Bit by Avi
I get BSOD 9F whenever the computer goes into hibernation and iTunes had not been not shut down beforehand. The machine is new brand new Dell XPS Studio (EOM).
January 17th 09 06:09 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 165
ATI x1950 Pro video card gets 1.0 Vista graphics score by Avi Stokar
I installed an X1950 Pro 256 mb video card (Visiontek) into my system and it receives a 1.0 for both graphics and game graphics. The CPU is an AMD Barton 2500+ (a bit long in the tooth, i know) with 1 gb RAM. I loaded the lateset drivers from ATI ( 8.33 released this week). I have refreshed the WEI still get 1.0 for both scores. In the details, Vista sees the card correctly but does not...
February 4th 07 02:02 AM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
1 134
3d graphics score by Avi Stokar
had an ATI Radeon 9600 SE in my machine and it shoed 1.0 for Windows Experience Score for graphics and Gaming Graphics. I installed a VisionTek ATI Radeon x1950 Pro XGE. Windows does not operate and differently and the game I tried (Company ofHeros) seemed the same. The graphics scores are still 1.0! I tried the latest driver from ATI. Currently I installed the driver from the Visionek...
February 1st 07 03:23 PM
by Avi Stokar Go to last post
4 267
jsp tech internal card reader not working in vista x64 by avi.laza
since i installed vista ultimate x64 my internal card reader wont identify in "my computer" , in the device manager it looks like it needs updated drivers does anyone have any idea of where can i find such driver ? :confused: p.s the card reader worked perfectly with ultimate x86
October 15th 08 09:13 PM
by avi.laza Go to last post
0 252
IDE Controller Not being accessed by Avimage
Hi there. I have just got ahold of Vista and a whole new comp. Anyways, everything works fine aside for one minor problem. On my mainboard I only have 1 IDE channel, and unfortunately I need 2 channels, so I got ahold of a pci controller. However Vista does not seem to recognize the HD on the controller, even though my BIOS does. Is there a way to work around this so it recognizes the HD?
March 15th 07 06:14 PM
by pete Go to last post
3 97
Audigy SE Sound Problems by awg
I installed the Audigy SE sound card before upgrading to Vista Ultimate using the Vista driver from the Creative website. The CD player is fine, however I am unable to use Google Talk or Skype, in both of these I can hear perfectly, but callers can't hear me. I can't record using the windows recorder or Audacity. When I check Recording/Playback devices both my microphone and speakers are...
March 23rd 07 02:14 PM
by awg Go to last post
0 104
CD-RW and DVD-ROM not recognized in My Computer by awhatley
I've been battling this for over a month now. I've tried removing the upper and lower filters from the registry. I've tried removing iTunes (like one person suggested). I can't even reformat and reinstall XP because I can't get the CD-ROM drive to work enough to read the XP System Restore discs. If I could I would dump Vista as quick as I could. No DVD-Rom means I can reinstall Vista Home...
June 13th 07 02:11 AM
by awhatley Go to last post

From The