problems with startup by simpson_eh
im using vista ultimate,sp1 athlon 64 3200+ 2gig ram 7600 gt graphics card (512mb) 40 gig hd (just for os) The problem i have is when i load windows it comes up fine, but if i open up anything it freezes for 5-6 seonds then does it then freezes again and again i have updated all my drivers, when its been on for say 5-10 mins its fine
May 22nd 08 07:24 PM
by SpyCatcher Go to last post
4 144
Anyone knows a good disaster recovery tool???? by sylvester90000
Hi people, I have a computer that was working very well, but lately when I was working on a important project, there was a power fluctuation for a couple of times (I thought that was normal) but after the last power fluctuation my computer refused to boot up. There seems to be a failure of some kind…..but I need to get the projects back that are still in that disk. I would be thankful if you...
May 22nd 08 08:04 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
4 140
Display trouble/Change graphic settings from Safe Mode? by Bjarte
A couple of questions, any help appreciated. Is there any way to change the graphic settings from Safe Mode such that when I restart the computer it will start with the new settings? I know there is a low resolution option from the F8 menu during startup, but this does not work. The only thing that seems to work is the VGA driver in safe mode. Is it possible to make my laptop use this driver...
May 22nd 08 11:15 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 163
How do I change audio settings??? by CherryPearl23
Here is the problem, I purchased a headphone w/mic and am unable to use them because my Abit IL9 Pro utilize the HD 7.1 CH Audio while my Cooler Master Elite 330 case front audio connector utilize the AC7 audio. I thought I could bypass this by trying to connect the headphones to the back audio ports. Windows Vista Home Premium would not recongize the headphones. When I checked the...
May 23rd 08 12:03 AM
by CherryPearl23 Go to last post
0 140
New hardware found wizard issue by guileh3d
I've been having a problem for a few days now that everytime I boot the new hardware found wizard comes up for all of my USB devices. They've been working for the past few weeks with no problems but for some reason it's screwed up now. The worst part is that the wizard pops up multiple times for each device (roughly 5). Right now I've just got my Mouse and Keyboard (both MS brand) connected so...
May 23rd 08 12:06 AM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
2 132
Outlook 2007 AMD System Freeze Video Scramble by infodon
OK I have confirmed a problem with Outlook 2007 & Vista X64 on AMD Phenom with Visontek Video cards. Now before anyone suggests that it is a heat problem, STOP. Now for those thinking OK how about Video card (Latest drivers installed) or hardware, MAYBE. The toxic combination appears to be Outlook 2007. For some reason it will freeze the system. I have seen similar reports of the same behavior on...
May 23rd 08 12:47 AM
by infodon Go to last post
0 164
Anyone knows a good disaster recovery tool???? by flora935
Hi people, I have a computer that was working very well, but lately when I was working on a important project, there was a power fluctuation for a couple of times (I thought that was normal) but after the last power fluctuation my computer refused to boot up. There seems to be a failure of some kind…..but I need to get the projects back that are still in that disk. I would be thankful if you...
May 23rd 08 03:08 AM
by margaret3515 Go to last post
8 271
Computer Not Shutting Down by technician06[_2_]
We come across this situation when we try to shut down the notebook even after clicking the shutdown button in windows Vista environment. Vista is one of the highly secured operating System. It has several restrictions to send or receive the Information from the Computer. Here is the weblink which help you to resolve this issue. 'notebooktechnician - Notebook is not shutting down--vista...
May 23rd 08 03:10 AM
by technician06[_4_] Go to last post
3 170
screen flicker on VisionTEK ati HD3650 by Jon Pope[_2_]
it had just started do you think the card is BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
May 23rd 08 04:52 AM
by Jon Pope[_2_] Go to last post
2 262
The Vista has not properly unpluged the USB HDD! by Davor Radic
My WD passport is spinning after I applyed safely remove hardware in Sys Tray! I must waiting for ~10 min. and then the disk stop rotate (stand by mode). I found what is the problem. When I connect to the Win. XP then is OK, but the Vista has not properly unpluged the USB HDD! So, I need the driver for Vista USB port. Please, test it. Look...
May 23rd 08 07:30 AM
by Davor Radic Go to last post
0 257
SuperFetch, Log and $MFT keep me from safely removing portable HDD by samoila_mircea
Well, i have a WD passport... a 120 gb usb portable 2.5' hard drive... and it's driving me nuts... EVEN xp was better at safely removing removable media... The only way to remove it is to actually remove the drive letter from administrative tools. and then remove... it seems that vista processes are just not letting go ... NO : i do not have a virus, no other software is accessing
May 23rd 08 07:47 AM
by Davor Radic[_2_] Go to last post
1 149
External Hard drive for Vista 64 by Sirboy
I'm a newbie to Vista and was hoping to find some help. I have Vista Ultimate 64 installed on my new pc (AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ processor, Asus M2N-E mobo, 4 X 1gb Kingston pc2-6400 ram, WD 500gb SATAII hard drive, Asus GeForce 8500GT Silent 512mb video card, Antec Sonata III 500W case, LG 20X DVD+- drive). I wanted to buy an external hard drive to transfer my family pics and vids from my XP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 23rd 08 11:58 AM
by accessteam Go to last post
12 283
CD-Rom Drive Missing from My Computer by Don1
The CD Rom drive passed out of existence from My Computer, with Vista Home Premium 32-Bit operating system installed in a emachines desktop PC. The error code is: This device cannot start. (Code 10). The driver version is: 6.0.6001.18000 I do not know what caused this problem. Does anyone know how to restore the CD Rom drive? --
May 23rd 08 12:48 PM
by SpyCatcher Go to last post
4 805
External Drive quite working by Rainy
A couple days ago, my computer refused to load Windows. I tried the "repair mode" at start up and even tried the boot disk. I ended up driving 40 miles to take it to a shop and when they hooked it up Windows was fine. I thought all I lost was some time and gas but as it happens, my system no longer recognizes my external drive. I've unplugged it, changed ports, done everything and it's...
May 23rd 08 01:20 PM
by Rainy Go to last post
2 187
Play MS Movie on HDTV from laptop by JY[_2_]
I want to connect my laptop to my HDTV to play a MS Movie Maker movie. Do I use the s-video connection and an audio cable or is it even possible to do this?
May 23rd 08 02:34 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
1 195
downloading zune software from the internet by susidee
security settings keep blocking zune.net from downloading zune software... I have tried lowering the security from the tools on the tool bar, added zune.net to trusted site, even dropped the firewall and defender while trying todownload, nothing works.. help.
May 23rd 08 02:42 PM
by susidee Go to last post
2 201
SD (Secure Digital) Causes Blue Screen in Vista x64 by coljohnhannibalsmith
To whom it may concern: I have an Acer 5102 WLMi Notebook, which came with an (ENE CB 712/714/810) “5-in-1” Memory Card Reader. The important identifying information is provided below: Acer Aspire 5102WLMi (w/o Bluetooth, Orbicam, or TV Tuner) Model No: BL51 AS5102WLMI-MCEEN-TL50/15.4 ACB/512M/100G US
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 23rd 08 05:39 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
49 1,157
Why is vista recognizing my hdtv as a generic pnp monitor by Glover179
I am using an Olevia 232V and a newly purchased computer which is running vista a m9077c and the graphics card is a nvidia 8500GT. I initially(after I found out that just the tv wouldn't work at all on its own) connected a monitor (vga via dvi converter) and the hdtv (via HDMI) at the same time to find a resolution that the tv would display. The resolutions that are reccomended for the tv...
May 23rd 08 05:46 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 200
Vista x64 cannot connect to Windows 2003 x86 printer share by Jason Chambers
Hi All, I'm trying to access 64bit printer share that have been installed on a Windows 2003 x86 server to my Vista Ultimate x64, but I continually get "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed. (error 0x0000007e)". I have added the x64 drivers by doing the following: From my Vista x64 machine, surf to the \\server\printers. Right clicked and went to server...
May 23rd 08 08:29 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 408
Ready Boost & Memory Stick ? by Wonderman
Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista ReadyBoost ?
May 23rd 08 08:54 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post

From The