  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Display Settings by Macman2007uk
Hi Everyone: I have 2 problems & maybe they are connected.. I hope I have put in correct forum. I have a problem with my Monitor Samsung Sync Master 2232 BW, I have been running this Monitor perfect using Windows XP. BUT When I recently upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium, what happens periodically when starting my PC, my monitor can not handle my display settings of 1680 X 1050, what I...
June 20th 08 04:26 AM
by Macman2007uk Go to last post
6 179
Display Setting Task by mc
hello there, I need some help pls, I don't know what's going on with the Display Setting task, it pops up everytimes I log into windows Vista. Any comments would be welcome. thanks very much mates
September 29th 06 05:36 PM
by mc Go to last post
0 365
Display resolution not sticking by Tucker_Adelaide
Whenever I reboot my computer the screen resolution changes back to a lower resolution of 1024x768. I set the display back to 1280 x 1024 and use the system.. when I reboot it sets back to that setting.. any ideas?
January 28th 07 01:28 AM
by Tucker_Adelaide Go to last post
2 137
display resizes after sleep by Newkirk
when my computer returns from sleep the display settings are changed and the screen does not fully fit the monitor. I can go change it at display settings but its a hassle everytime.
August 29th 07 05:02 AM
by Simple Solution that Works Go to last post
8 143
display red screen by luke
I installed need for speed most wanted but i lost cd key so i went online and got one when i intalled game it asked me to install direct x 9 i said yes, i have a xfx geforce 8600 gt, xfx 680i mobo and a intel dual core cpu everthing has been working fine until i tired to install this game. My problem is that everthing is red i can still see everthing and it all works but its all with a red...
March 1st 08 05:16 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 157
Display Properties problem in RC1 by Ken
Since installing RC1, when I unckeck "Hide Modes that this monitor cannot display" in the advanced section of display properties, I am initially able to get the 1776 X 1000 (1080i) I need, but after using Media Center or rebooting, the resolution resets to a "safe" resolution. When I go into display properties again, the Hide Modes box is again checked. This did not happen in Beta 2 or 5534,...
September 14th 06 01:35 PM
by Ken Go to last post
0 159
display problems in vista by DJ_danne
Hi, my problem is that occasionly the display just starts to "going from side to side" in a very high speed so it is not possible to read the display anymore, it could also just be distorted in some kind of displacement of the pixels... it looks like every "vertical line" of pixels have been displaced a bit, also making the display unreadable. I have a Dell XPS M1210 with an integrated...
August 6th 07 12:38 PM
by DJ_danne Go to last post
3 94
display problem by Chad
I upgraded my "vista capable" Sony Vaio laptop to Vista RTM (official release). Now, in both Media Center 2005 that came with the laptop AND Vista RTM I'm running now, there is no option to reduce gamma. This is rather strange because the Intel graphic accelerator does not give you the option to reduce below 1.0. My screen is too bright and I have zero option to adjust the display contrast,...
November 30th 06 09:09 PM
by Chad Go to last post
0 151
Display only "half-awakens" after sleep by John Chamberlain
I have a 2 year old Toshiba laptop with Intel 915GMS graphics which lately has been having a serious problem with the screen going "semi-dark" upon "waking." It has been occurring for a couple of weeks now and the interim solution for me was to not "sleep" it. I am running Vista Ultimate and have all the latest drivers, updates et al. With the aid of additional lighting, I can see well...
April 6th 07 05:28 PM
by John Chamberlain Go to last post
2 123
Display on second monitor by melanie
Have connected my laptop to an old TV - sound is coming through TV and picture is also connected onto the TV screen, however the picture is coming through in black & white instead of in colour. Any suggestions?
December 17th 07 07:56 PM
by Morten Go to last post
1 90
display on monitor question by sleepy
Um, I turned on my computer and the desktop/displays were rotated 90 degrees. Which means the left side of the monitor now the bottom. I hope that makes sense.. if it doesn't, imagine needing turning your monitor on its side in order to read and click everything properly. ack, I hope I put this in the right place..
April 5th 07 10:22 PM
by sleepy Go to last post
1 128
Display Network Icon on the Taskbar? by Charliec
On my laptop, I want to display the Icon for the Local Area Network on the Taskbar, but can't seem to figure out how in Vista (In XP, in properties for the LAN, there is an option to display the icon on the taskbar. I do not see that option in Vista's LAN properties. Second, the wireless network icon is displayed on the Taskbar. I do not use wireless and would prefer to not display that icon...
May 15th 08 08:42 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 266
Display Error message (Vsita Not Stable) by WarOfGenesis
whats up guys, i just had to replace my other grahpics card with a ATI X1600 - 256mb, but every i run a dvd or 3d application (mostly games) my pc reboots then i always get this error message. STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
December 25th 06 08:10 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 280
DISPLAY ERROR - LINES (ATI RADEON X1600) by WarOfGenesis
Im Running windows vista ultimate, before hand it was fine and still but its my bloody grahpics card, i keep on getting lines across my screen. this comes up when i run some applications or viewing some pictures from my camera? i've tried updating my drivers, directx 10 and also ati Catalyst has been updated. can any one help?? -- 壮大なマスター
June 9th 08 02:05 AM
by Tony[_9_] Go to last post
5 168
Display Drivers by S Murder
In Device Manager, Windows has an error since there's no driver for my monitor. I downloaded and tried to install the driver (an .inf file) by going to Update Driver, but it won't work, and when I go to "choose from a list of drivers" nothing is displayed. The same thing happens for my DVD/CD Reader/Writer.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 10th 07 07:45 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
15 284
Display Drivers by Larsontheking
I upgraded my Dell pc from Windows XP, and it worked ok except for the display drivers. It is set to run at 600/480 in 16 bit color medium, no option to change either the size or the colr ro 32 bit. I have an intel chipset 845 seris. any ideas any one
March 8th 07 01:09 PM
by dev Go to last post
1 135
display drivers by isaably
I just had one of those days, and hit ctrl alt down, but it didn't flip my screen. Instead, i get this error "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version fo Windows, and is no longer compatable with this version of Windows. The system has been started using the default VGA driver. Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get...
December 1st 08 07:11 PM
by ediblebob Go to last post
6 326
Display driver stopped responding by Wayne Wastier
I have read that nVidia has the same problem as this, and I have an ATI card. The whole message reads, Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered. This happens about ever 15 to 30 seconds when I am watching Live TV in MCE. And the problem started about 2 driver builds ago. So, today I downloaded
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 11th 07 01:35 PM
by Denny Go to last post
24 313
Display Driver Stoped by Leo
I get this error message just after Windows Vista starts: Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered Display Driver nvlddmkm responding and has successfully recovered
March 10th 07 03:40 PM
by Nir Go to last post
2 149
Display Driver Stoped by Leo
I get this error message just after Windows Vista starts: Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered Display Driver nvlddmkm responding and has successfully recovered
January 9th 08 09:49 AM
by kenzin Go to last post

From The