Getting my WD Passport to work by Cstranger0715
I just bought a Compaq computer, which came with Windows Vista. I'm trying to get all of my music (2.5 Gigs) from my laptop, which I was using before this computer. I have a 40 Gig WD Passport, and I've loaded my music onto it from the laptop. I've plugged it into the USB port of my new desktop, and I can't open the back-up file. It won't open unless I find a file to open it with, but...
April 16th 07 03:31 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 142
help configuring SATA USB hard drive by CSreality
My 2 year old toshiba laptop died and I removed the HD and got a USB encolsure for it and have tried to connect it to my new laptop. VIsta recognizes it as a USB mass storage device, but it won't assign it a drive letter or appear in the computer panel. What gives?? --
October 26th 08 12:00 AM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
8 320
Vista & HP DCS Device Host Error Message by CSM
I have started to receive the following message at start up in Vista: "HP DCS Device Host Has Stopped Working". Does anyone know what it is? CM
June 29th 07 05:40 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 190
Epson R300 printer by Csaba
R300 inbox driver missing from my Vista Home Premium. Can anyone help me how to intsall this printer?
January 28th 09 09:27 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
8 199
Mic not working, vista ultimate by crwys
Hi im on a Windows vista ultimate, 32-bit. Acer laptop. For some reason my mic isnt working, i have a built in one and one where i can plug in. I tested both and they are not working . They use to work until now. Help anyone? Thanks
May 22nd 08 03:57 AM
by technician06 Go to last post
3 160
Mobile Device Center - Tmobile Dash (HTC) by crwhite2
Very frustrated trying to get WMDC to work with my Tmobile Dash and Vista Business. With Advanced USB select on Dash, Device Manager shows Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver showing up under Portable Devices with an error message 10. (have seen some forum references to this problem, is supposed to be corrected by a windows update. I have installed all windows vista updates. With...
May 13th 08 03:21 AM
by tirebiter Go to last post
1 156
Is my CPU FRIED???????? :( Please have a look at this! by Crunch[_4_]
Hi all...So I've let my laptop overheat several times, and all of a sudden, I found it to be slow! As molasses. I ran some utilities (PC Doctor 5 which ships with all IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads), and that gave it a passing grade! So I run my trust tool "PC Wizard", and even when I have it plugged in, turn the battery scheme to "Maximum Performance", PC Wizard only ever displays 997.45MHz anymore. No...
October 30th 08 04:20 PM
by Crunch[_4_] Go to last post
5 403
ATI FireGL V5200 laptop graphics chip heating question?? by Crunch[_4_]
Folks, Hi everyone! I am really desperate for a answer to this riddle. I hope you guys can respond even if you have suggestions "only"...doesn't matter. I've solved many problems for friends and myself that way! :-) I feel like I'm standing in front of the solution, but can't see it. :-(((( Alright, so I have a Thinkpad T60p with the stats in the signature. I put the T7600 and the Atheros...
July 7th 09 04:50 AM
by Crunch[_4_] Go to last post
0 276
apple ipod by cruisecontrol50
why wont windows media center reqconize my apple ipod device
May 8th 08 03:24 AM
by troy Go to last post
1 173
memory transfer by crozetsam
Is there a simple way of downloading some pictures onto a SD memory stick? I have a card reader connected to an USB plug but can't figure how to download onto the stick. I am using XP. and I have Picacle, Print shop, and sonic software on computer
January 21st 08 07:59 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 149
Canon SD1100IS Not Recognized. by CrownVictoriaCop
I just got a brand new Canon SD1100IS camera. I installed all of the included software. I wanted to change some things using the MyCamera software on my computer. So I connected it to my USB port, and no AutoPlay window comes up. That's strange. So I see this little thing in the system notifications bar near the clock, a little green rotating icon. I click it, and it says "Searching...
July 13th 08 04:46 PM
by CrownVictoriaCop Go to last post
4 166
Aero and Intel Graphics Cards by crosswalker21
I tried to install Vista on my laptop which has an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller. I was booted into the "basic" version of windows Vista so I couldn't see the snazzy aero interface. What I'm wondering is if there's any way to make my graphics card support pixelshader 2.0(which was the only reason, according to the upgrade advisor, that I couldn't view aero) or if that's a...
September 1st 06 09:59 PM
by Cameron Go to last post
2 570
disconnect monitor, computer turns off... by crooozin
About 4 days ago, this computer started behaving erratically on many accounts but this is the most puzzling. Attached to the machine I have (or had) a small touchscreen (Xenarc 702TSV). The screen was the first item to have problems; one of the ribbon cables on the circuit board came loose and that was the beginning of its demise. During troubleshooting of the screen, I disconnected it by...
March 23rd 09 01:39 AM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
2 129
Can you help me , please ? by Crodino
Hi. I 've an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 + Vista HP 64 bit. I've seen on INTEL site that this mobo don't have Intel Virtualization Technology infact I've tried by VirtualBox (and other similar SW) to guest Windows 7 with negative result. I'd like to know if with this mobo is impossible or I have to find the right sw ? Thank you Best Regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 11th 09 08:20 PM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
16 632
I need a USB Guru... by Crodino
Hi. I’ve 2 mobo USB input on front of my desktop and others on a PCI USB Controller. If I connect my usb keyboard to mobo USB input the keyboard is avilable before boot, too. Is there a way to get the same result connecting the usb keyboard to USB PCI Controller ? (by tools, bios settings, other…) Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 Thank you and Good afternoon --
June 16th 09 04:52 AM
by Spirit[_5_] Go to last post
8 584
What Forceware 32bit drivers are stable? by Crito
None of them at this time. Use only drivers provided by Microsoft. They're dragging their feet on Linux drivers for the new 7025/7050 chips too BTW. :| -- Crito
June 30th 07 03:17 PM
by Crito Go to last post
0 102
nForce Drivers and SATA/300 NCQ by Crito
Just a quick note to mention I solved several of my Vista problems in one fell swoop. Symptoms: 1) "Welcome" sound stuttered 2) Video driver would crash and restart as soon as I logged in 3) System would sometimes hang on restart and shutdown Solution: Open Device Mangler, open properties for the nForce SATA storage
May 21st 07 10:16 AM
by Crito Go to last post
7 146
windows vista by cristina
What I like most about Windows Vista is the Sidebar because of the useful gadgets. For example, Facebook, weather and the news help me keep up with my friends and whats going on around the world.
February 19th 10 01:53 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
2 401
windows vista by cristina
What I like most about Windows Vista is the Sidebar because of the useful gadgets. For example, Facebook, weather and the news help me keep up with my friends and whats going on around the world.
February 18th 10 07:31 PM
by cristina Go to last post
0 260
WLAN Service by Cristiano Boschi
Hello I have windows vista ultimate (from msdn) I have probem with start service "CONFIGURAZIONE AUTOMATICA WLAN" (WLANSVC) When I want start the service return error 1068 Can You Help Me? Thank
January 10th 07 08:42 PM
by Cristiano Boschi Go to last post

From The