Optical USB Mouse turning on and off by Tmac
My Logitech Optical Laser USB Mouse has just recently begun turning on and off whenever it feels like it. I have used the mouse for years and all seemed good. I got a new laptop 5 months ago with Vista Ultimate 32 bit and the mouse worked fine, but a few days ago my laptop froze up and I was forced to hold down the power button to restart it. When it rebooted the mouse will work for a while...
April 5th 08 11:00 PM
by Tmac Go to last post
7 185
Generic PnP Monitor and Screen Resolution by TLK
Hi. I'm using an ATI RADEON X300/X550 Graphics Card on the Vista Home Premium Upgrade. Before the upgrade I was running the screen resolution at the maximum 1280 x 1024 on a 19" LCD with XP Pro. Since then, I can only have 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768. I'm assuming that it's not normal I've got a Generic PnP Monitor listed in my devices, cause that just sounds like it's been forced to choose...
April 11th 07 03:30 PM
by Alex Go to last post
3 135
slow upload of music to ipod by tkq
Hi, i've recently stwitched libraries, and was uploading all the songs from the new library to my nano, at least trying to..., itunes kept giving me the message ""attempt to copy disk to "ipod" failed. You do not have enough access priviledges for this operation. itunes could not save to your music folder because you do not have write access Check the permissions on your music folder and...
October 9th 06 06:17 PM
by tkq Go to last post
0 136
partnership and connection problems by TKM
I have Vista as my OS and and I own a Ipaq hx4700 running pc 2003 . When I try to get connected I cant do so as it says I need to set up a partnership. I know this but nowhere is there a place to do this. Connection problems also. I even tried downloading 6.0. Please help as I crashed my Ipaq and I use this on a daily basis.
October 2nd 07 10:05 PM
by K111 Go to last post
1 97
amilo 3438g - power or fan management does not work by tkj
Hi i own a fujitsu-siemens 3438g, using windows XP, i was able to run it in silent mode (not much fan noise), and the fan stopped automatically when not needed. I now installed Windows Vista on my computer, and the FAN is always on, i hate it... a noisy buzz - infact if i dont find a solution anytime soon, im back to XP :-( i updated the BIOS with the newest version, the Chipset drivers...
April 6th 07 08:08 AM
by tkj Go to last post
0 113
ATIKMDAG.SYS BSOD by tjwasik
I have an ATI Radoen 9800xt When I installed Vista RC1 x64 (5600) during initial configuration (after instalation) i would get a bsod citing a failure of atikmdag.sys approximately every 60-120 seconds. I managed to run through the configuration as quickly as possible and managed to get through it before the system bsoded, hoping that it was something in installation. Unfortunately I had no...
September 11th 08 01:25 PM
by einstein_007[_4_] Go to last post
2 136
Vista rating by Tjornn
What is current Vista rating? is it 5.9 or..? In future, it will increase than 5.9 till , 8, 9... or?
March 26th 07 03:21 PM
by John E Go to last post
6 127
Switching Audio Output by tjg50311
I got a new USB Headset (Logitech 350 to be exact) and when I first plugged it in, Vista was routing my Windows Media Player and skype through the Headset and Windows Sounds through the speakers. In the sound mixer, there was a black shaded box around WMP and Skype as to show they were being played by a headset. I clicked the shaded boxs and that routed all sound to my headset. Is there a...
February 1st 07 02:09 AM
by tjg50311 Go to last post
1 140
Vista USB 2.0 PCMCIA Lock-up by tjb1991
Hi, I recently bought a genaric usb 2.0 pcmcia. It works perfect in XP SP2 (duel-boot) but not in Vista home premium. ANYTIME i insert the card it locks the computer up, i could be booting the system, have the card in the system at boot or inserting it when vista is running. When it locks there is no BSOD or anything, i have to force a shut down. Im running on a gateway solo 9550. 512...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 07 06:58 PM
by freddy Go to last post
13 268
HP psc 1110 installation problem in Vista by Tjørneheksen
I am a genuine it-ignorant. When installing the old printer to my new shiny labtop I unfortunately used the old method: plugged in the installation cd before the printer. This has the result that the pc do not notise at all when I plug the printer in here after. How do I "reset" and start from scratz? I cant find the drivers I might have installed in my stupidity... :( Please help /Pernille
May 30th 07 08:48 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
9 124
Disk Management Not Working? by TJ90
I'm not entirely sure this hsould go here because I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. Basically, when I go into Disk Management, my interal hard drive, external USB harddrive (Western Digital) and Disk Drive are all unreadable. I am certain it was fine when I first installed Vista as I formatted and partitioned both the internal and external HD. I have tried rescanning and resetting my...
July 23rd 09 02:09 PM
by TJ90 Go to last post
8 345
Optical mice erratic motion and choppy by TitusCicero
Hello, This started a long time ago so what caused it I have no idea. At the time I thought the mouse was broken. I unplugged the optical mouse and plugged in a old ball mouse that I had laying around and all was fine. Today a bought a wireless mouse along with my 40" monitor so I can sit on my couch and use my PC. But when I plugged it in it experienced the same issues as the last optical...
August 23rd 08 12:24 PM
by scorpionx Go to last post
1 190
Vista 64-bit drivers by titus12
I am thinking of buying Vista 64-bit. I like what the 64-bit version can do. However, I have heard about the problem of drivers for software and some hardware. Also that Microsoft wants to go to 64-bit. How soon can the driver issue be resolve? Or should I build a system with the 32-bit version that can be just as fast? Thank you; David
September 24th 07 08:06 AM
by Michael Trebilcock Go to last post
6 160
Vista64bit tester by titus12
There is a Vista32bit tester to test your computer if it is vista ready. Is there one for the 64 version? I want to pin point a problem area. Thank you; David
November 5th 07 09:56 PM
by titus12 Go to last post
0 103
Different Vista OS and Computer System by titus12
Is it true that your computer's hardware have to high end enough to use a certain Vista OS: Vista Basic, Vista Premium...? I read that some systems can only run with Vista Basic, and if you put Premium on that system, it will not run right. Thank you, David
March 5th 08 08:57 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 187
BitLocker for Vista by titus12
How can you tell if your computer can support Bitlocker? I read something about having the TPM 1.2 Chip. What is that? I have an Asus P5GD2-X motherboard. Thank you, David
March 7th 08 02:01 PM
by Peter Go to last post
2 157
Vista64bit and 32bit software by titus12
If you have hardware that is Vista 64bit ready, can 32bit software and games run under Vista64? Or should I wait a little longer to upgrade from XP 32bit? Thank you; David
November 6th 07 03:47 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
4 122
Blue Screen - DVD by Tito Neto
When I try to open a DVD movie, something just happen and a blue screen error apears, em reboot the system. The same in Media Center or Media Player. The sound starts, but just for a few seconds, and then... the blue screen of death! I don't know if it's caused because my memory, or my graphic drive. 512mb ram nVidia GeForce FX 5200. Note: I don't remember anything like that in Windows XP. --
March 5th 08 02:24 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 150
software to usb port by tisoyrider
I have a digicam HP photo smart 435 but everytimeI put the sd card it reads that it is unsupported card and im trying to have that software so i can use tha camera please advise regarding this matter but everytime I use normal of built in memory is working properly.
April 1st 07 10:28 AM
by tisoyrider Go to last post
0 101
line across laptop screen by tippem
My laptop has developed a thin line across the display about one third of the way up . As near as I can tell it coincided with the removal of a USB digital camera lead following download. System restore does not remove it. An suggestions please?
October 26th 07 12:15 PM
by Malke Go to last post

From The