Lexmark X4580 Wireless Printer by thecraftypenguin
I have installed this on 3 machines at home, 2 running XP and one running Vista. It works great with the XP machines (one laptop and one base unit) but with my Vista laptop it takes about 15 mins to print anything. Lexmark says its vista compatible so anyone got any ideas what the problem could be.
October 7th 07 05:11 PM
by thecraftypenguin Go to last post
0 173
Card reader on toshiba laptop by thecraftypenguin
I have a toshiba laptop with a card reader but it fails to read the sony pro duo card (1Gb). When I look at the driver on device manager it has the yellow triangle saying it isnt working properly. When I try to update the driver it says it found a driver but couldnt install it properly. Can anyone help. Thanks
August 21st 07 02:40 AM
by clay282 Go to last post
6 140
Headphones doesn't shut speakers - How to find reference drivers ? by theBrave
Hello, Since I'm on Vista (Business 32bit), plugging headphones doesn't mute speakers. I have tried latest Realtek drivers (as well as few others) but without any result. I don't know what to do next. Without drivers, Windows find a "High Definition Audio peripheral" but only install a digital spdif output. Windows update doesn't allow me to update to "real" drivers although they are said to be...
April 3rd 07 10:48 PM
by David Sommers Go to last post
2 178
XP to Vista by TheBrat535
I have Vista home permium and my son has XP. I put a external hard drive on my pc using usb port. We share the network and he can read the pictures on this drive but can not put any on it. Is there away he can use this external drive to back stuff up through my pc via the network?
March 26th 08 01:45 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 204
Appcrash apears after I conncet my 500 Gig Transcend External Hard Disc by theblackgod
after I plug my Hard Disc to my laptop and I use it after some minutes this problem appears, but when I use it again (cause it doesnt disconnet never, but explorer stops and runs again) and very fast it doesnt happen again. but I cant exlore it very easy. I just have mp3's in my external hard disc. and always I have this problem even if I explore it with media player's file search but in other...
September 25th 09 05:03 AM
by theblackgod Go to last post
2 216
Bluetooth Headset by thebestanswerer
Hi. I have a Jabra Bluetooth Headset model BT160 and I wood like to know if I can connect it with my pc. I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Thanks. Bye.
January 2nd 08 05:31 PM
by David B.[_4_] Go to last post
4 146
hp pavilion ze4430us laptop video driver by thebes11
before installing vista, I ran the check software to make sure it would run on the laptop and it said it would, with the exception of the video driver. I check and found this laptop has the ati radeon IGP 320M. A quick check of the ATI website showed vista drivers available for this card through the catalyst program. I downloaded it and ran it, but it said VISTA was not installed and...
October 25th 06 03:37 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 177
external harddrive problem by thebeeman
I have a 300GB Maxtor PATA133 HDD plugged into a Bytec external enclosure. When its plusgged into my usb 2.0 port on my comp. windows reads the HDD as 2048GB...now i know i don't have a 2TB harddrive....The odd thing is that when plugged into a IDE cable internally it works just fine. Is there any config. I need to do to make windows recognize the right hdd size? Any help would be greatly...
November 10th 06 06:42 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 112
resolution settings lost after sleep - dell insp 1505 - vista ulti by Theano
This is a cheap Dell Inspiron laptop w/Intel's shared video RAM, but has always performed great on Vista Ultimate since beta 2; now has RTM with all updates. Recently (past couple months?) when coming back from sleep it loses its display settings/screen resolution back down to 800x600. I have to go into display settings and put it back to 1280x800 where it stays till next time. Doesn't do...
February 29th 08 06:26 PM
by dragonfire Go to last post
2 143
Dell 720 Photo Printer driver that WORKS by theacechase
After nearly giving up, this forum recommended a driver that Dell no longer supports (according to their site they no longer have any vista driver for this printer) but I finally located it, downloaded it, unzipped it and installed it, having nothing to lose. I have two of these printers :) and was ready to throw them away. Was I surprised. It now works perfectly. The driver is R148368,exe,...
September 9th 08 08:40 PM
by gderem[_2_] Go to last post
4 303
Can't access primary drive by the1[_2_]
My laptop hdd failed. Last time that happened, i connected the hdd to my other computer, ran scandisk and started working. this time, i ran scandisk but i still can't access my hdd. here is the scenario- -my secondary partition can be accessed, so hdd is not bad. -on computer management's disk management, i can see that hdd is healthy and can show property of the partition. -if i use windows...
November 9th 09 02:55 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
6 197
Can't access primary drive by the1[_2_]
My laptop hdd failed. Last time that happened, i connected the hdd to my other computer, ran scandisk and started working. this time, i ran scandisk but i still can't access my hdd. here is the scenario- -my secondary partition can be accessed, so hdd is not bad. -on computer management's disk management, i can see that hdd is healthy and can show property of the partition. -if i use windows...
November 8th 09 09:08 PM
by the1[_2_] Go to last post
0 140
SPeakers by the-lazya
I have Vista Premium, DFI INFINITY NFII ULTRA with Realtek ALC650 onboard sound. Since installing Vista I have lost my 5.1 speakers Creative. I just have the option for stereo, and that only comes out one speaker. Any way of setting up my speakers I have missed?
March 7th 07 03:25 PM
by ionixuk Go to last post
1 219
Vista Business - Fax & Scan doesn't see scanner? by The Traveler
I am using a Samsung SCX-4100 MFM device which is connected to my system via a USB port. Although Samsung's application sees the scanner and is able to use it, MS Vista's Fax & Scan application doesn't see this device. When I try to install the scanner using Vista, it comes up as a Xerox Network scanner... which it is not. (doesn't work either). I am using the current Samsung drivers (Vista...
March 5th 07 10:03 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 242
Reg Inability to Use My Sony DVD Writer by The Survivor
I am running Vista Business OS and recently I installed a brand new DVD Writer (SONY DVD RW AW-G170 ATA) and Installed it using Nero Essentials 7. It worked perfectly afterwards. Later I tried a Web upgrade to Nero Essentials 8 but then started the problem where INCD could not be started. Eventually I uninstalled NE8 but am unable to use the DVD after that and I am unable to install the NE7...
January 9th 08 12:18 AM
by The Survivor[_2_] Go to last post
2 198
gaming controller by The Shadow[_2_]
I have a Saitek P990 controller which includes profile editor software that is necessary to its use. I cannot enter my profile editor. Every time I try to, the computer says that I need to input an applicable device (like my controller that is already in a USB port). I believe that the software recognizes my controller when I install the software, but not after installation. If it is of any...
June 4th 08 07:10 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 157
waves on extended desktop, and when only using CRT monitor by The Shadow[_2_]
I have a new Toshiba Satellite 210. When I use the LCD+CRT extended desktop mode, or just use the CRT monitor (Samsung - SyncMaster 17GLi) I get waves that move down the screen. It makes my display look like a flag. When I only use the CRT - in that mode the waves move faster. The actual display on the screen moves and the display gets darker in areas, giving it a distance effect. This...
June 9th 08 07:47 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
3 167
Flash voyager usb stick and vista by The Puma
Hallo, I have the follewing problems I have this usb stick on a revoltec usb hub Sometimes the stich will initialize correct and after booting vista the the drive letter wil show. But sometimes the stick will not initialize and after booting the stick is not showing in the windows explorer
August 13th 07 05:06 PM
by The Puma Go to last post
0 129
Is there CD/DVD burning program that works with VISTA already by The Puma
What is a good working CD/DVD authoring program that works with VISTA?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 4th 07 08:08 PM
by Brian Go to last post
12 380
aspi layer by The Puma
The following programs did't work anymore Cdrwin 3.9 DVDinfo DVDInspector I thing the aspi layer is the problem How can i get this to work with vista?
December 30th 06 05:45 PM
by Robert Pendell Go to last post

From The