Upgrade Hard Disk in Vista by Phil
Hi. I want to replace my existing main internal hdd with a faster, higher capacity model. I'm aware there are likely to be be licencing problems after a disk clone. Will someone please give me a link for the micorosoft recommended process to follow. Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 10 08:08 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
14 941
Can delete programs by danhiman
So I can not delete some, a lot of programs, i would go through control panel, and it says it can not delete, it might already be deleted, but it really is not. I would go to file location, and same thing. I tried using bit defender file shredder, and no good. I run Win Vista Home prem, 64 bit. I have been having problems when trying to close a large program, if i request to close the program to...
May 1st 10 12:46 AM
by Michael Go to last post
2 608
External Drive problems by makion91
Hi guys, The problems I've been having is with my Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, Toshiba Laptop (A300). For some reason, It's unable to either normally format any external memory devices into a FAT or FAT32 format, or unable to read it at all. I keep trying to open the device but it keeps saying that i need to format it, but because of problem 1, it can't be formated (it almost completes but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 10 03:23 AM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
12 870
Disable driver updating for a single device by posfan12
A few years ago when troubleshooting issues with a network adapter I came across a trick to disable driver updating for an individual device. I looked again today after encountering a similar problem, but I could no longer find the option. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I swear it was accessible from Device Manager.
May 2nd 10 05:19 PM
by posfan12 Go to last post
0 400
Disable driver updating for a single device by posfan12
A few years ago when troubleshooting issues with a network adapter I came across a trick to disable driver updating for an individual device. I looked again today after encountering a similar problem, but I could no longer find the option. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I swear it was accessible from Device Manager.
May 2nd 10 05:19 PM
by posfan12 Go to last post
0 498
Extend Volume is greyed by aa
On my physical drive I have 3 primary partitions (one is active with Vista installed) and one extended which contains one local drive. Besides there are 90gb unallocated space just before the extended partition. I wanted to use this unallocated space by extending the extended partition into that unallocated space, but the Extend Volume commany in the relevant menu is grayed. Why and how do I...
May 2nd 10 07:48 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
1 461
Extend Volume is greyed by whs[_8_]
With disk management you cannot extend to the left. Use 'Partition Wizard Home Edition.' (http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) Just move the slider. -- whs
May 2nd 10 07:48 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
0 564
I have 14000+Mb's on my graphics card and I cant install a game because it says there is not enough memory but the game only needs 64mb's help. by fluffyflirt
the game has installed but once tryin to load it says this Error3: Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for ( The game) (suberror 7). Your video card must support hardware acceleration and have at least 15 megabytes of video Ram available. i fyour video card doesnt support compressed textures it must have at least 64 megabytes if video RAM available. I have tried going into...
May 2nd 10 08:04 PM
by archie123 Go to last post
4 559
Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device called. Walt
May 3rd 10 07:45 AM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
0 421
Get Organized with Free Project Management Software by Projectdrive
Hi All, Wait for a few more days and you will come to know that project drive is going to announce big news on uses of the Free Project Management Software uses and how will it serve better than other one. I hope, so far they have given you best services, which could have fulfilled your expectations to manage your software. Here, I'm sharing that if anyone still wants to be a part of Project
May 3rd 10 10:06 AM
by Projectdrive Go to last post
0 482
Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 - Need drivers and software by !kalboBill
Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with it. Bill Kalbo
May 3rd 10 12:25 PM
by !kalboBill Go to last post
0 478
Missing dialog to burn CDR by !kalboBill
This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it tells me it has to be formatted first. How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 10 01:38 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
10 1,041
Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 - Need drivers and software by !kalboBill
Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with it. Bill Kalbo
May 3rd 10 03:33 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 545
Cell phone & WMDC "there is a problem with your connection..." by JeffMack
I am having an similar issue with syncing my phone to my computer, as I see many others have had. I have Vista Home Premium 64bit. I have a HTC Titan phone with Window Mobile 6.1. It worked and synced fine for about a year and a half, then one day....stopped, and I get the "there is a problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect and try your device again" error. I have...
May 3rd 10 09:51 PM
by dhomyak Go to last post
2 466
HP Laptop - lost my sound after installing updates by [email protected]
Sometimes, after installing MS updates or other apps, I lose my sound. The only way I get it back is to use System Restore to a point where the sound worked. However, then I don't have the updates or apps. This tells me that it's a software problem with Vista - not a hardware problem. Now, I am about 11 MS updates behind - and no sound. Also, the System Restore doesn't work anymore (I no...
May 4th 10 12:18 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 392
Not detecting a HDD by VistaCompUser
Hello, I was restarting my desktop after it got stuck in a frozen screen. Upon reboot it loaded up with a blank screen. In hindsight I think I might have restarted during an install of a windows update, which could have ended up screwing the main configuration of the comp. I decided to go for a wipe of the hard drive (had a fresh backup) and re-install. Yet I have no C: listed The HDD is fine...
May 4th 10 06:47 AM
by VistaCompUser Go to last post
0 526
Not detecting a HDD by VistaCompUser
Hello, I was restarting my desktop after it got stuck in a frozen screen. Upon reboot it loaded up with a blank screen. In hindsight I think I might have restarted during an install of a windows update, which could have ended up screwing the main configuration of the comp. I decided to go for a wipe of the hard drive (had a fresh backup) and re-install. Yet I have no C: listed The HDD is fine...
May 4th 10 06:47 AM
by VistaCompUser Go to last post
0 351
No detected DVD drive HELP PLZ by fubar1987
Ok i have a Dell Studio 1735 laptop media setup with Windows VIsta 32bit Home premium. I got board of the XP modded (Pirate Edition- seriauly its called that) install so i formatted today an installed but got the dreaded "no driver detected" (the one where its wants Sata drives from floppy)(i managed to work my way around this by installing the VISTA OS on anoter laptop an changing the hard drive...
May 4th 10 09:34 PM
by fubar1987 Go to last post
0 375
eSata hot-plug but not hot-swap, safely remove by Mike De Petris
I have AHCI enabled on an Asrock 890GX Extreme3 but can't see Safely Remove Hardware icon. Disks connected on eSata supporting AHCI and NCQ are recognized but I can't find a safe way to disconnect them, I can just go into diskmgmt.msc and put them "offline", or shutdown. Driver is "amd ahci compatible raid controller", and AND RAIDxpress correctly notifies plug and unplug, but I can't set...
May 5th 10 07:53 AM
by Mike De Petris Go to last post
0 475
eSata hot-plug but not hot-swap, safely remove by Mike De Petris
I have AHCI enabled on an Asrock 890GX Extreme3 but can't see Safely Remove Hardware icon. Disks connected on eSata supporting AHCI and NCQ are recognized but I can't find a safe way to disconnect them, I can just go into diskmgmt.msc and put them "offline", or shutdown. Driver is "amd ahci compatible raid controller", and AND RAIDxpress correctly notifies plug and unplug, but I can't set...
May 5th 10 07:53 AM
by Mike De Petris Go to last post

From The