  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Would I need and XP upgrade or the full package? by RyanH
I think I'm gonna downgrade to XP to try and solve my sound problem. Plus it'll help me sort out a few other compatability issues I've been having but now I need to know if I snould buy the home edition upgrade or the full version. Its like a hundred dollar difference.
September 27th 07 06:32 PM
by John Go to last post
2 136
Works with and Certified for logos for Vista 64 by Defjr
The following is copied and pasted from MS's site on compliant devices for Vista 32 and 64 bit OS: "Have confidence that Certified for Windows Vista products will provide superior experiences with your software, photos, music, videos and online communications on PC's running the Windows Vista operating system. That's because only Certified for Windows Vista software and devices have undergone...
April 7th 08 05:08 PM
by Defjr Go to last post
0 185
Working with Central Axis network HD by Eric[_15_]
Hi All, Anybody has any experience with the Maxtor Central Axis HD? found at: http://www.maxtor.com/en/hard-drive-backup/external-drives/maxtor-central-axis-business-edition.html which is 2TB Network HD. I am using it under a GigaBit router and getting the most 15 mb per second when coping files from different computers into this hd. Otherwise when coping files between computer it could be...
April 29th 09 01:33 PM
by Eric[_15_] Go to last post
2 284
Working USB POTS modem? by EricBergan
Has anyone found a USB POTS (as opposed to DSL) modem whose drivers work with Vista? I've been trying to dig one out of US Robotics, but there Vista strategy seems to be to hope Vista goes away. Thanks.
September 9th 06 05:57 PM
by EricBergan Go to last post
0 428
workaround for soundblaster live...play all speakers? by jj bagger
I need to buy a new soundcard ....but parting is such sweet sorrow....Has anyone found a workaround to get soundblaster live to play 4 speakers or surround on vista ultimate....Thanks .............
February 5th 07 02:09 PM
by Praveen Go to last post
1 174
Wont boot with Memorex D33013 DVD Burner by pfranklin
When I try to boot Vista with my Memorex D33013 DVD Burner, it just freezes. Yet, when I unplug the drive it works just fine. I've tried booting in safe mode but it still freezes. Looks like it freezes when it tries to load IO.sys Anybody else have a problem similar to this or any solution suggestions? Thanks!
January 28th 07 08:55 PM
by pfranklin Go to last post
0 117
Won't resume from Hibernation... by intclass
I put my PC to sleep (hibernate) and when I turn it back on it goes through the "Now resuming..." screen and then it shows a black screen with a "_" flashing in the top left-hand corner. That's where it stops. I then have to restart the PC and Windows asks if I'd like to try again or just delete the data and boot normally... I have to choose the latter option. Any ideas on what this could...
June 12th 07 02:12 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
7 244
Won't read my duo card!? by Billy
I installed Vista Home Preium on my HP notebook dv5094ea. Everything is great and there has been no issue until I put my duo card (pro-duo in its adaptor) into the card slot. Nothing happened. I updated the flash bios from the HP website and this has at least got the card recognised. Now its sayinhg to update quick play, I can't find this anywhere. I am also not convinced that thsi will...
February 10th 07 05:48 PM
by Billy Go to last post
0 192
Won't properly recover from sleep by Rob
I have a new Media PC with an Intel 975BX2 motherboard and a 8600GTS video card. Output from video card is DVI to HDMI. Latest Nvidia drivers are loaded and latest BIOS on MB. I can put machine to sleep fine. However when I wake it up fans start, disk activity and lights happen but no video signal and the visial display on the case (Imon drivers using latest software) stays blank. I have to...
September 11th 07 10:18 PM
by Rob Go to last post
0 96
Won't Initialize External Hard Drive by Fishdoc
I am having problems getting Vista to recognize my Western Digital My Book hard drives (both a 500 GB and a 1 TB drive). When I plug the USB cable in it goes through the installing drivers and says it installed and the device is ready to use. However My Computer doesn't show the drive. Disk Manager tells me the drive needs to be initialized but when I try to initialize the drive I get one of...
January 10th 10 01:54 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
6 406
Won't Initialize External Hard Drive by Fishdoc
I am having problems getting Vista to recognize my Western Digital My Book hard drives (both a 500 GB and a 1 TB drive). When I plug the USB cable in it goes through the installing drivers and says it installed and the device is ready to use. However My Computer doesn't show the drive. Disk Manager tells me the drive needs to be initialized but when I try to initialize the drive I get one of...
January 8th 10 03:05 AM
by Fishdoc Go to last post
0 217
Won't charge phone through USB by Lance
On my old XP machine, I could plug my Motorola into the USB port, and it started charging automatically. I now have a dual-core Pentium Toshiba with Vista. I was certainly surprised when I plugged my phone in and was met with a message box requesting that I install a driver. I don't want Vista to find and install software or a driver. I just want to charge my phone. Vista asks for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 07 01:33 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
10 264
Won't Burn Data Discs... by Wingman
I have a new Gateway GM5415E w/a DVD Burner (supposedly a multi-format DL drive). I can burn music (wmas) using Windows Media Player; however, when I try to burn documents or other data to the same brand of CD-R it simply ejects the CD and says: "There was an error burning this disc." I've tried Windows Burn Wizard (gave me the previous explanation) & Nero (also unsuccessful)
March 30th 07 12:52 AM
by Wingman Go to last post
0 112
WMP 11 does not recognize mp3 players by AlbertvandeRiet
WMP 11 does not recognize mp3 players, SD-crads, UBS-drives. They do not show up in the devices screen of WMP. So it is impossible to synchronize files to them. How can I manually add devices to WMP 11? Thanks, Albert The Netherlands
August 20th 07 11:14 PM
by AlbertvandeRiet Go to last post
0 99
WmdHost.exe TAKING ALL RAM available, locking system, and taking f by Ken Beard
See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=ken+beard&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us for more details of original issue. I'm still noticing the above problem. I connect my blackjack and then WmdHost.exe sucks up ALL available memory...
June 11th 09 12:43 PM
by RoBac0 Go to last post
3 277
WMDC \ HTC Artemis \ Unidentified Device by debully
I've tried to install my Artemis a million times now and each time Windows does not recognise the device and installs the generic Windows Mobile device driver which just does not work. On occasions it tries to install the Pocket PC driver which works for one second then displays - no drivers are installed for the ARTE20000 driver. I can manually add this driver like in WinXP as I cant find...
May 10th 07 02:00 PM
by debully Go to last post
0 93
Wmdc wont activesync only usb mass by mooismyid
Hi, I'm new to the boards, I recently switched the profile on my Windows Mobile device running 6.1 to usb mass then after I was done using that function, I switched it back to activesync,but even though my device says its on activesync, my computer only recognizes it as a usb mass. wmdc wont even flinch any solutions please running vista ult x64
June 24th 09 03:03 PM
by nomore Go to last post
1 263
WMDC Woes by Scarlet Pimpernel
Hi, I am trying to sync my Windows Mobile 5.0 device with Vista using WMDC Final Release and all I am getting is the autoplay dialog. Does anyone know how to proceed from here? Thanks. James
February 9th 07 04:56 PM
by Scarlet Pimpernel Go to last post
0 203
WMDC syncing with Cingular 8525 by Dunja
I am trying to sync up my Cingular 8525 with my PC (running Vista). The moment I plug the USB cable into the phone the PC asks for the password, I type it in and WMDC tries to connect and then says: Error! I deinstalled WMDC and reinstalled it but have no luck. Can anyone help? I was on the phone with the Microsoft helpdesk for 4 hours and they can not figure it out. I think it has something...
March 16th 07 11:22 PM
by Dunja Go to last post
3 160
WMDC sync with ipac on Vista by Di
Have been reading posts in newsgroups for several days now sync using the Mobile Device Centre. By using some of the advice given I may, or may not, have nearly solved it - so near yet so far! The WMDC and Sync Centre are recognizing my ipac 1940 and it actually syncing. But where to I'm not sure! On XP I used ActiveSync with Outlook 2000. I have Outlook 2000 installed on my new Vista...
March 5th 07 05:09 PM
by Di Go to last post

From The