Poor Battery Life by VA
I did a fresh install of Vista Ultimate (RTM from MSDN) on my 1 year-old Asus Z70VA notebook. Overall, the process went pretty well and I'm generally pleased with the new OS. However, the one big issue I am having is with battery life which has essentially been halved by Vista compared to what I was used to with XP. I used to get upwards of 3 - 4 hours with XP but with Vista it’s no...
December 19th 06 05:47 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 565
UPS???? by Some guy in Kirkland
Where is the applet for configuring an UPS that would use USB or COM ports?
December 19th 06 06:11 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 464
Video Quality - NVidia Quadro FX 350M by Alex Sauceda
Hi Everyone, I have a Dell Precision M65 with a NVIDIA Quadro FX350M, I'm running Windows Vista RTM and something weird is happening with the video, when I'm at the office I normally dock my computer and use an external screen as my main screen and the laptop as secondary screen, the weird thing is that everything works fine, the Windows Aero Appearance works great, the problem starts when...
December 19th 06 07:30 PM
by JW Go to last post
9 212
which UPS to buy for vista final? by vista
i want to buy a non-known trademark usb line interactive ups. how do i know if it will work with vista? how do i know if vista will shutdown automatically after power loss. It has some software but it is for xp. will it be compatible with vista? do i need this software in vista? maybe vista itself can handle it? thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 06 09:03 PM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
11 501
SiS AGP to PCI Windows Update and Aero and Headache by therealdeadman
Yes, I installed catalyst_8-31-100-3-2-1_vista32_rtm. I first uninstalled the previous one. I also used DH DriverCleaner to try and make sure most of the old stuff was gone. ----- Original Message ----- From: "JW" Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:21 AM Subject: SiS AGP to PCI Windows...
December 19th 06 09:37 PM
by therealdeadman Go to last post
0 249
Conexant HD Audio Driver problems by Matthew
I have a brand new HP Pavillion dv9035nr Media Center notebook that I have installed the final release version of Vista Ultimate on. Windows update downloaded and installed the 11/19/06 version of the Conexant HD audio driver but my audio still doesn't work. HP won't help me as they continue to insist the final release version of Vista is not available. ANY help appreciated!
December 19th 06 09:56 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 310
Faster external drives arriving--slowly by MICHAEL
http://news.com.com/2100-1041_3-6144673.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news By Stephen Shankland Staff Writer, CNET News.com Brace yourself: there are good odds another port will be popping up on new personal computers soon. This one is for eSATA, an external version of the technology that's used to connect hard drives inside the PC chassis. Unlike USB and FireWire, eSATA (short for...
December 19th 06 10:00 PM
by cvp Go to last post
6 318
Windows Update driver download & installation issues... by Soft.
I Have the same problema when i try to update graphics card (optional) NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE for NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 05-08-2006 by "windows update" gives me the same error. CODE 8024AFFF "MMc-Face9" wrote: Having problems with trying to get the Intel 2200BG Mini PCI Card driver update via the update site (issue date: 14/06/2006). Need this driver update as without it no encryption...
December 19th 06 11:55 PM
by cmihm Go to last post
1 687
Vista update by Mate
When the evaluation copy is near termination, will it be possible to upgrade to Vista Ultimate, I was running XP Pro, prior to evaluation copy. In other words, is it possible to save all your files etc. without a reinstall George ________________
December 20th 06 12:21 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
2 273
A higher resolution? by Wide Eyed Nerd
When I was in Windows XP, I ran my resolution at 1600x1200 on a 19 inch monitor. To my dimay, I found that Windows Vista has locked me out this option. And this option, I really liked. How can I unlock this, so I can get back to the size I am used to? I have updated all my drivers, for both my monitor and my video card, but it doesnt let me use the full capacity of my hardware. Can I get...
December 20th 06 12:47 AM
by Wide Eyed Nerd Go to last post
4 232
Bluetooth Headset Profile in Vista? by Poltergeek
I would really like to know if anyone has successfully set up a bluetooth headset in Vista Enterprise. I have searched seemingly everywhere, and have not found an answer. Can anyone provide some insight as to why Microsoft removed support for this from the Beta's to the RTM, and is there a way to provide this functionality. I have found numerous people asking this question, and no...
December 20th 06 01:25 AM
by hbeardave Go to last post
2 176
Error no sound in HP compaq 7100 Windows Vista by JEBaltazar
I´m install Windows Vista in a computer HP Compaq 7100 and all fine, except by the Sound Card. In the hardware config we no errors, but no have sound. Any body have a idea ????
December 20th 06 02:42 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 182
The Specified Print Monitor is Unknown? by Richard G. Harper
Sounds like you need an updated printer driver. -- Richard G. Harper * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/ * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/ * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
December 20th 06 09:50 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
0 170
Pinnacle PCTV 400e by nico
I can't find drivers. Pinnacle don't mentione it in programmed to release. anybody know how ti can run in win vista? thanks. Nico
December 20th 06 09:50 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 166
Bad RAM workaround possible? by Dfrey1969
One of the ram modules in my computer has sudden developed a fault that prevents Vista from booting up without causing a bluescreen. If I run the memory diagnostic it says there is an error, and then the subsequent reboot will let Vista boot up. And this is now the only procedure that lets Vista boot up. It blue screens on boot up even in Safe Mode. Well, anyway, once I have run the memory...
December 20th 06 10:43 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 195
Intel 2200BG network card problems by Jeremy Dennis
I have Vista on a Dell Latitude D610 with an Intel 2200BG wireless card. The card worked fine in XP, but in Vista (clean install) the entire computer freezes as soon as the card is accessed. I have disabled the wireless card and everything else works fine. What I mean by freezes is no mouse movement, no hard drive light, everything just stops until I force the computer to power off by holding...
December 20th 06 07:05 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 186
i cant synchronize my ipaq h4155 by Alejandro Forero [email protected]
could you help me because my pc did not recognize the pocket pc and i cant did anything, the new sync system is not available for my SO pocket pc 2002. how can i syncronice my device?
December 20th 06 10:11 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 204
The Specified Print Monitor is Unknown? by Michael O
I do have this problem, with a Canon S800. I don't have a real solution. I installed an S800 locally, Vista has it's own drivers for the S800, and then installed my own port and pointed the port to \\server\printer it prints, but everytime I send a job to the print server, it says I need to install the driver, fails with the same error you get, and then prints fine. Worked fine is RC1 and 2....
December 20th 06 11:20 PM
by Michael O Go to last post
0 166
8800 GTS on Vista RC2 x64 Drivers? by HDFatBoy2003
I'm about to get this great card in a few days. I know there are no real Vista drivers yet. Have heard some have been able to install the XP drivers and get some basic functionality with the card, e.g. widescreen resolution - but no Aero. I can live without the Aero for a time, but VGA resolutions don't look great on a 30" widescreen with a native of 2560 x 1600. Would like to know if...
December 21st 06 01:47 AM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
7 279
Memory Parity Error by Robert Firth
"NNI Error, Memory Parity Error, The system has halted" Every time I resume from hibernation, I get this halt message. I have already run the memory diagnostic to no avail. Any ideas? I'm getting ready to contact Dell support about this, but I thought I would check here first. Dell Inspiron 6000 1.5Ghz Pentium M
December 21st 06 04:34 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post

From The