Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Windows Installer (Vista) by fredrock46
Hello, I have a new HP desktop, Vista Home Premium SP1 x64 and I'm starting to wish I didn't. When I try to Update or Install programs I get the following: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." When I try to download and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 09 02:43 PM
by GTS Go to last post
12 530
Destinations.msi by leadermaster
Hello Murray, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. I understand from your e-mail that you are receiving an error message when you click the sidebar shortcut icon from the desktop.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 10 09:57 AM
by mygoose Go to last post
12 530
shadow copie, AGAIN. by menikamatii
so i decided to reformat last night........ didnt have this problem on very first boot. missing 45~ gb of disk space. found the shadow copy threads then i followed
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 08 11:31 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
12 528
regedit by dido22
hello, I am in serious danger of having to make a minor change to the registry, and am a bit nervous. I know that there is 'regedit' and I know how to start it. I will read some on-line articles 1st. Are there any 3rd-party progs which might be safer / easier to use ? Thanks
September 27th 10 12:26 PM
by dido22 Go to last post
2 526
TsGh dialogue box appears after windows initiates and loads by Alejandro
Once windows vista home premium starts up and all programs have loaded, a small window appears in the lower right hand corner with the header "TsGH". It gives me the opcion of restoring, accepting or cancelling. What is this and how do I get rid of it??? Thanks, Alejandro
October 17th 09 12:28 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 526
check disk not working by michael56555
Check disk will not run at startup. Runs in read only mode without a problem. Have tried sfc /scannow. Have replaced autochk file. Have tried from elevated prompt, drive c: properties, as well as in safe mode. Tried Vista x64.com tutorial methods. Have searched the web with no luck. Any suggestions? Mike Lenovo R61 T8300 duo processor 2 gb ram
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 4th 09 06:29 PM
by Joe Buck[_2_] Go to last post
23 525
windows\system32\config\regback\software by Banjo200
:: I have an HP intel Core 2 Quad 4GB 64 Bit Vista PC, about once a week my computer has a mind of its own and pegs my hard drive by executing tasks like the ones below for several hours. :: ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\softwa: ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\system:: ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Sam:: ::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\security...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 14th 08 03:52 PM
by kr4ey Go to last post
23 524
vista and xp by Németh Péter
Hi! I install windows vista to a windows xp computer. The computer has 2 hard disk. On the first( hd0) installed windows xp. Now i install (hd1) Vista, and i cant find the way how can i boot windows xp, because some of my works and programs installed on it. In the boot menu (at startup press F8) cant find, only vista, and the computer startup and recovery menu has only vista for the default...
September 24th 06 04:59 AM
by clarke Go to last post
1 524
Random System Freezes-Vista by jdavidm
I performed a clean install of Vista from XP on a new Dell Dimension E250. The only problem I noticed thus far is a random system freeze lasting 30-60 seconds and then the system resumes normal operation like nothing happened. Does anyone have a solution?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 25th 09 03:56 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
24 520
Plzzz help plzzz by INEEDHELPPLZ
HI IM SOOO IN NEED OF HELP I HAD JUST RECOVERD FROM A VISTA ERROR WITH NEW VISTA INSTALLED (my uncle re-installed) AND HE LEFT AND I MESSED UP MY PC AGAIN ALL I HAVE IS A VISTA REOVERY CD NO re-install POSSIBLE. I PUT IN WINDOWS 7 THEME PLUS EXTRAS AND I RESTART AND SAYS "LoginUI.exe - Entry Point Not Found, The procedure entry point GetPhysicallyInstalledSystemMemory could not be located in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 28th 09 03:22 PM
by Brink Go to last post
23 518
Slow by Stuart Nathan
Vista RC1 Build 5600 4 hours 43mins to finish unzipping WPFSamples.zip??? I have a 2.4GHz Celeron and 1.25Gb Ram 54GB free on hard drive
October 21st 06 06:57 PM
by Keith Go to last post
1 517
hot fixes available for following error signatures by tig
Hello, For the last 3-4 days I have been receiving different error messages as to why IE has encountered a problem. After searching the Help section, the Newsgroups, etc. I now see I need to ask for assistance. The first question I have is when I see a fix or a thread regarding a particular error and a sample of the error message is provided does my error signature, including the offset have...
September 9th 06 06:59 PM
by tig Go to last post
1 516
@@@@Problem of [ASUS p5vdc-x] AD1986 Driver!!!! by Brett Donahue - Guam USA
Did you ever get a response to your problem. I am now working with RC1-5600 and get stuck at the same spot that you do. Brett "Jonty" wrote: You need Soundmax drivers. Do a search for Vista drivers to see what turns up. Jonty
September 12th 06 06:53 AM
by Brett Donahue - Guam USA Go to last post
0 516
Complete PC Restore by Linear2202
Anyone tried to use this? I did a successful complete PC backup. I then tried to restore by pressing F8 before boot, but I saw no menu item that allowed me to enter the system restore menu. Three boot choices of safe mode, and then other choices that didn't help me at all. I'm using RC2. Any thoughts anyone? Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 06 07:44 PM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
11 516
Recovery Drive by goodtimez
I need some help! I have a inspiron 530s computer, it has two hard disk drives. The os (c:) drive and the recovery (d:)drive. The os drive is only about 25% full but the recovery drive is 99% full. It keeps telling me my backup failed that i need to free up space, but i don't know what to do or what to delete...... Could some one help me out?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 10 09:05 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
11 516
Audiodg.exe - FIXED by HemanC
right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right. select Playback Devices highlight the icon with the green check mark click Properties click the Advanced tap uncheck Enable audio enhancements Not sure if that will lower the sound quailty but at least my lowly P4 2.66Ghz doesn't skip anymore. Now audiodg.exe run less than 5% of the CPU time.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 09 11:08 AM
by Ichigomilk Go to last post
12 516
CompletePC Restore (build 5536) by nrms
Trying to restore a complete image backup made yesterday on my drive D: (different partition on the same drive as Vista is installed on). The backup was made successfully using CompletePC Backup and is in a directory called "D:\WindowsImageBackups". I have booted into the Vista DVD disc and selected Recovery Options; CompletePCRestore. However, after scanning my disk for image backups it...
September 5th 06 10:23 AM
by nrms Go to last post
4 516
Task Scheduler: Error 2147943712 occurs whether user is logged on by ~Eric
I have ran into an interesting problem that occurs on all my Vista machines. I am running Windows VISTA Enterprise SP1. Whenever I attempt to schedule a task using the built-in task scheduler, I get the error: Task Scheduler An error has occurred for task Test. Error message: The following error was reported: 2147943712. OK This occurs whenever I attempt to create a simple task to execute a...
January 13th 09 06:47 PM
by ~Eric Go to last post
0 515
Vista freeze ! by Madmoi23
Hello, I have a problem, everytimes i try to watch video (or open Media Center, or run many applications), my computer freeze up during 10 at 120 seconds and return to normal during 1 second and continue like that. It stop only when video is finish or when i reboot. But my computer meets the basic requirements : Processor : 2,8 GHz VRAM : 256 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 5500 FX)
October 4th 06 11:49 PM
by Madmoi23 Go to last post
2 514
Error loading windsw32.rom by Narkshark