Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
jsp files and x64 by vant
Can't seem to run download .jsp files using Vista Home Premium x64. Could use help with the fix. Thanks -- vant
May 4th 08 02:06 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 248
Number of files in search results using 'Advanced Search' by SerenaK
I can't seem to find where in "Advanced Search" that the NUMBER of files found in a search is displayed. I found this information extremely useful when using previous versions of Windows and am surprised it's not displayed at the bottom of the window as before. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
May 4th 08 12:33 AM
by SerenaK Go to last post
1 204
reg files by John[_28_]
I got .reg files to open with notepad. Now I can't get them to run. How do I switch it back so they run. John
May 3rd 08 11:45 PM
by John[_28_] Go to last post
1 238
files lost by BhatAsh
Only couple of months I have been using Windows Vista, In the last two days some files with file extensions xlsx, wav and mp3 have been deleted without any hint. I did not deleted these files. I am at a loss why this has happened. Has it happened to anybody else? Please help. -- BhatAsh
May 3rd 08 01:25 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
7 312
SoftwareDistribution\Download folder by leszekml
Hello, After fresh installation of Vista I have more than 5G of files in Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Can I remove these files? Please advise Thank you Leszek C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\98da5de7b6518994affe0ecf484b0c6b\BIT1539.tmp C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\945a6843e2b4f5a05ca2dc31a68d6af9\BIT9C6A.tmp
May 3rd 08 12:09 PM
by Hank Arnold (MVP) Go to last post
4 233
avi files - set as desktop background by raymundka[_21_]
I have the item "Set as desktop bakground" in the context menu of avi video files. Is makes no sence. What should I delete in the registry to get rid of it? (By the way, if you install a codec pack like K-Lite, any file type including .avi and .mov can be set as a dreamscene background once its extension is changed to .wmv or mpg!)
May 3rd 08 11:44 AM
by raymundka[_21_] Go to last post
0 235
Problem with .bat file editing by Slages
When I rigth click a .bat file and try to "Edit" this file, I receive an error message: "The filename, directory name, or volume label sybtax is incorrect". To edit a .bat file I need to run NotePad and open the file through File Menu. -- Slages Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
May 2nd 08 04:27 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 223
Recreating Documents Folder by bmatthews
I seem to have accidentally erased my Documents folder. I have my documents stored on another machine, and had to reconfigure my second machine. In the process of redirecting my Documents folder to the new location, I deleted it somehow. Now, when I go to install software and some updates, it can't find the Documents folder. I've tried to simply create a new folder, but it doesn't allow...
May 2nd 08 03:29 AM
by Brink Go to last post
6 228
Can't copy anything from My Documents folder on older hard drive. by Jeff Ingram
Hello, My old Windows XP PC died months ago (motherboard problems) and so I took out the hard drive (which still functions fine) and put it in my new PC, but I can't seem to copy any of my files in the My Documents folder from the old drive to my newer larger drive. I've had this drive in here for the last several months and have had no problems writing other files to this 'older' drive...
May 1st 08 03:38 PM
by Jeff Ingram Go to last post
3 210
where are my wireless connection files? by Jarod
my previous laptop recently fried out but the hard drive was unscaved. I use my laptop a lot out and about and rather then gather 20 network keys is it possible to salvage my old ones? Is there a file or filetype extension i can search for in order to just bring the files accross to my new laptop?
April 30th 08 08:34 PM
by Jarod Go to last post
0 188
unziping applications by david boylan[_3_]
Hi some times i see small applications , say one i saw recently Thumbnail Sizer , but they often come in a zip file but i don't know what to do with the files when i have them can any body help me you will no doubt realise i have little knowledge of computers 'Ave's Vista Apps' (http://mpj.tomaatnet.nl/vista/) this was the website i found the application Cheers Dave
April 30th 08 08:19 PM
by Brink Go to last post
7 217
Windows Explorer by Randy
Is it possible to print a list of folders and their files in a tree style form, from Windows Exploror? -- Thanks for your help Randy
April 30th 08 06:19 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
9 299
windows vista show folders as links? by scr621[_9_]
I'm not sure how I did it & why, but I turned off the windows vista show 'folders/files' as links, can someone please tell me hw to turn this feature back on please? -- scr621
April 30th 08 06:08 PM
by scr621[_9_] Go to last post
2 249
Resize 32-bit XP partition from 64-bit Vista by Zack Barresse
I have a partition on my laptop with Vista 64-bit as my main OS. The second partition is an XP build (32-bit). I want to resize the XP partition but the built in Vista disk management controls keep bringing back an error. I'm thinking about reformatting and putting on a 32-bit Vista. Any pointers or know how I can resize w/o formatting? Any help would be appreciated. -- Zack...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 08 02:36 PM
by Zack Barresse Go to last post
16 641
where are vista pre-installed remote control drivers+registry entr by HAMMER
Hi, I'll start off with the specs: Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz GA-P35-DQ6 2x2 Gb Patriot extreme memory 800Mhz Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 3000 Vista Ultimate x64 Now to the problem:
April 30th 08 11:16 AM
by HAMMER Go to last post
2 202
thumbnails by Joy
Can anyone tell me how I can view thumbnails in my documents folder. I only seem to be able to view thumbnails in my pictures folder.
April 30th 08 08:34 AM
by SG[_3_] Go to last post
1 232
How to clear the "Searches"-folder's contents? by vanQ
How can I clear/empty the "Searches"-folder's contents? -Recent Pictures and Videos -Recent Emails -Recent Files -Recent Music -Recently Changed Especially the last one. I know that user accounts and passwords can protect one's privacy, but I'm really really anxious to be able to "leave no trace" of my actions. I don't want anyone to see any documents that I've wrote or
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 08 06:02 AM
by tommygun[_2_] Go to last post
10 332
looking for file by Bob
found this in my control panel for programs and want to know what it is but can't find it on my computer or on the internet "VC_MergeModule ToMSI". It is listed as being on my computer but I can't find it anywhere.
April 29th 08 10:04 PM
by sdr Go to last post
4 425
New file for uninstalled application by K_Drive[_2_]
I used to have a graphics application on my computer (RealDraw). I uninstalled it. It does not appear in my Control Panel listing anymore. But, when I go into Windows Explorer, right-click and select the "New" menu selection, I still see the option for a "Real DRAW Project" on the list. Is there a way to get rid of this? If I select it, I get a ".rtw" file, but no application can open it....
April 29th 08 06:44 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
5 207
Error Message: "Could not find this item" by jarrodsizemore
I downloaded a torrent file and then decided to delete it. The files are no longer in their original place but the files are still showing up in the search. I tried to delete them before I deleted the actual files but that didnt work either. Every time i try to delete them it tells me " Could not find this item" and that it no longer exists in the path..... I need help to get rid of these...
April 29th 08 06:32 PM
by Brink Go to last post

From The