Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Microsoft wheel gameport by Andy
Is there any way to make it work ? Is there any adapter for joystick that use standard gameport to USB ? Since i paid 200.00$ for that wheel and never broke.. i would expect from Microsoft that sold that wheel make it work in Vista..
September 20th 06 12:19 AM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
4 526
Flight Simulator X not working on RC1 by dfeifer
Don't know if this is just me or not, But I installed The fsX demo on Pre-RC 1 5536 x86 after I tried Playing on rc1 5600 x64 and couldn't get it to work right. on x64, I originally had it installed on beta2, and didn't have a problem at all flying etc. everything seemed to work fine. after update from beta2 to rc1, I would get 2 seconds of graphics, 2 seconds of black screen, 2 seconds of...
September 20th 06 04:26 AM
by NolanB Go to last post
4 533
Diablo2 by greghicks4
just so someone knows. Even though when i start the game i get a warning that there are compatibility issues it works great. If there are issues i can't tell what they are. -- l greghicks4
September 20th 06 08:40 AM
by Catweazle Go to last post
1 628
Anyone with RC1 get games to work if so how? by Gb755c
I have some games that I miss being able to play on Windows Vista Beta 2. I'm about to get RC1 and was wondering if anyone has had success with ANY games. I couldn't even get simple games like those found at Shockwave.com to work the game will download and install but when I try to run it I get an error similar to what certain webpages would get saying something about an error ocurred...
September 21st 06 12:55 AM
by vincentwansink Go to last post
5 549
ATI considerations by The Computer Geek
I use a x1600 pro also and i have 2 gb of ram, and a sata 1.5 hdd 200GB. bf2 lags alot for me and the bottom half of the screem has major graphical errors. how did you get bf2 to work with only a few graphical errors and well on vista? "Coltch" wrote: I'm using an X1600 Pro and BF2 runs fine apart from a few graphical glitches, in XP I could run the game on the IGP (Xpress 200) with...
September 21st 06 04:35 AM
by The Computer Geek Go to last post
0 470
Xbox 360 by Pbarnett
Has anyone gotten the xbox 360 to act as a media extender in vista RC1?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 21st 06 10:47 AM
by technogran Go to last post
11 796
America's Army v2.7 by wschlichtman
Anyone got AA v2.7 to work on RC1?
September 21st 06 11:39 AM
by Beastie Go to last post
1 519
America's Army 2.7 by wschlichtman
Anyone able to get AA v.27 to work on RC1?
September 21st 06 11:41 AM
by Beastie Go to last post
1 562
Anyone playing Gothic II by drybones
Would like to know if it installs and plays okay. Thanks
September 21st 06 02:13 PM
by drybones Go to last post
0 531
DirectX 9 performance in Vista RC1 by cbhacking
I play EVE and a few other games. EVE, in particular, is very DX9-intensive. Although I had no trouble installing it and getting it to start (the Fonts key registry trick is no longer needed) the game ran slowly, with low FPS and long load times. I set it to compatibility mode: XP SP2 and now it works MUCH better. Just thought the community might like to know that, if your 3D gaming isn't...
September 22nd 06 09:38 AM
by crayon Go to last post
7 644
NASCAR RACING 2003 by cheezit
I've installed on several diff. systems and they all worked just fine all but one was a clean install from beta 1 to rc1. did you try to reinstall rc1 "imacken" wrote in message ... Anyone managed to get my favourite game working? With me, it loads OK until it actually tried to go to the track/car...
September 23rd 06 07:32 AM
by cheezit Go to last post
0 529
EA Sports nascar simracing by cheezit
has anyone got it to work I get a 3d cube error when it try to do a display config. but mine older NASCAR RACING 2003 from sierra work just fine.
September 23rd 06 07:37 AM
by cheezit Go to last post
0 564
Old games on RC1? by rhuds13
I really like RC1 except that can`t play any older games like Quake, Halo and any other game that worked from Win95 thru WinXP. Anyone know of a way to get old games to work?
September 23rd 06 08:01 PM
by Cy!on Go to last post
4 484
FarCry 64 and Vista64 by Don
Will the 64bit version of FarCry run with Vista64? I have severe video problems with it on my system. -- AMD 64 2x 4200 MSI K9 nvidia 570 SLI EVGA 7600GS WD SATA HD
September 23rd 06 08:27 PM
by cbhacking Go to last post
2 491
DirectX Question by MB@MI, USA
Will installing the older DirectX 9.0c into Vista cause any inconsistancies or system unstabilities?
September 23rd 06 08:54 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 492
If you miss Pinball... by Catweazle
Some may not be aware of this but the 3D Space Cadet pinball game in Plus! 98, Windows NT, 2000 and XP was really just a stripped down version of a full game made by Maxis. It is called "Full Tilt! Pinball" and contains Space Cadet (a much better looking version) as well as two other tables. I bought my copy on eBay last year to use in XP, but it works fine in Vista also. :-) If you can't...
September 24th 06 01:12 AM
by Nicholas Go to last post
7 549
Saitek Evo Force Feedback by Edric
Hi all My Saitek Evo Force Feedback is promptly recognized by Vista RC1 64-bit, but I can't activate Force Feedback. Saitek has 64-bit drivers for XP-64, but they are not accepted by Vista, not even forcing the update directly on the INF file. Has anyone managed to activate FF on those sticks? Thanks
September 24th 06 12:55 PM
by Edric Go to last post
0 477
warcraft on build 5728 by Chye NW
Any updates on warcraft iii if there is sound on the patch 1.20e ?
September 24th 06 06:27 PM
by Chye NW Go to last post
0 468
Silent Hunter 3 by Stu h
Cant get it to start past the protection, have downloaded a patch for it from starforce but the patch cant find the protection file any one have a similar problem?
September 24th 06 09:07 PM
by Stu h Go to last post
0 487
World of Warcraft players? by Ben
Do you lose sound when you start to load WoW? I have RC1 build 5600 and once I start to load WoW I lose all sound. Even music won't play in itunes or media player.
September 27th 06 08:28 AM
by SaintAvalon Go to last post

From The