Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
extension for address book by M. Trussell
Does anyone know the extension for the address book...i.e....in XP it was ..wab. Thanks M. Trussell
September 11th 06 09:41 PM
by M. Trussell Go to last post
2 628
MSN Mail by wellcky
I have MSN for my main email/ISP, will MS have an MSN for Vista?
September 11th 06 11:07 PM
by wellcky Go to last post
0 591
Cant export from Mail to Outlook by Ernesto Chavez
So, I have Vista Beta 2 on a machine, and I was playing around with the Windows Mail, my work e-mail is on a exchange server and when I brought it over to Windows Mail it went to POP3, so I lost it from my server, is there any way to export it from Mail back to a exchange server?
September 12th 06 01:29 AM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
1 487
RC1 and still the WM NG main window buttons change like pinballs Wow! by Chad Harris
After promises that the Main Toolbar for the newsgroups in Win Mail would stop putting ridiculous buttons back on you didn't choose in RC1--no dice. The same crapy instability for buttons "sticking" that I never saw in XP rears its head in what was supposed to be the great white hope for Vista having any degree of RTM competancy in 5600 aka RC1. I wonder if any of the excellent OE MVPs who...
September 12th 06 09:50 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
7 631
Newsgroups are in red font by Leadfoot
Why are my newsgroups in the LH pane using a red font?
September 12th 06 01:06 PM
by Peter Go to last post
2 506
Windows mail mouse scrolling problems by Leadfoot
When I'm reading newsgroups my Logitech MX1000 scroll wheel is having a hard time switching from the subject viewing pane (top) to the reading pane (bottom) With OE6 all I had to do was left click on the pane I wanted to scroll and no problem Using the latest 64 bit logitech drivers
September 12th 06 05:06 PM
by Regnad Go to last post
1 502
Disable Windows Mail by Keith
I use Yahoo web mail and cannot disable windows mail! It comes up whenever I right click a web page, picture etc with the intention of sending it to someone via email. With no POP3 mail, Windows Mail cannot function. I want to disable it...How? -- Keith.
September 12th 06 09:23 PM
by Keith Go to last post
8 489
Windows Mail Asleep at the switch by Al Christoph
It appears to me that if you have a screen saver, etc. that unlike Outlook Express, Windows Mail in RC1 will not go out an look for messages if the screen is looked. Has anyone else observed this? If so I sure as hell hope it was not by design. I am connected 24/7 and I want my mail to be there when i sit down, not after it gets done downloading. (I save 100 MB of mail daily so you can see
September 12th 06 11:47 PM
by Al Christoph Go to last post
0 498
Leave copy of messages on server by Michael
You can also use "Remove mail from server after N-days" (or so) option in same Advanced tab if you want to be sure no mail has been inadverdently erased. Michael "Rick Hallman" wrote in message ... Thank You, for some reason I wasn't getting to the right page to find that setting.
September 13th 06 04:46 AM
by Michael Go to last post
0 501
Outlook 2002 will not save passwords by Detroit-2Xeon
I too am experienceing this with Outlook 2007 Beta as well as Windows Mail in Vista RC1. With previous build they were remembered. "aep" wrote: Hi all, After installing Vista beta 2 over XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2002 no longer remembers any mail account passwords for any user, even if I reenter them and select "save password." There was a post on this subject elsewhere on this
September 13th 06 11:47 PM
by aep Go to last post
1 476
WildCard SSL Certificates by Jeff Parrish
In Outlook Express a user never received a message about a server using a valid wildcard SSL certificate, but when using Windows Mail, I am presented with a security warning when starting it. If you're unfamiliar with Wildcard SSL certs, it uses the format of *.domain.com instead of mail.domain.com. I'm not sure if this issue is fixed in RC1, if not, please add it to the bug list!!!! --...
September 14th 06 05:28 AM
by Jeff Parrish Go to last post
0 502
vista mail 2 by Dennis Bair
Why do I get a blank e-mail everytime I check my mail I right click it to check for propertys it has none thanks nomind
September 14th 06 12:50 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
7 545
View replies to my messages not working in this group? by Just Bob
Hmm, on my other nttp servers I can use this feature but not in the vista groups! Any idea why?
September 14th 06 10:58 PM
by Just Bob Go to last post
4 498
Messages Reappear in "Deleted Items" After Synchronizing by Victor
After I use the "Empty 'Deleted Items' Folder" function from the Windows Mail context menu, the messages will reappear in Deleted Items after I re-synchronize with my IMAP server. If I manually delete individual messages, they usually stay deleted. However, on more than one occasion after I re-sync, the message will reappear, but back in "Inbox", not Deleted Items. Any ideas? -- IMAP over...
September 15th 06 01:24 AM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
1 501
Junk email does not get filtered. by Jan
Hi, I am running RC1 an after importing my email from OE6 (7000) messages, I was deleighted to hear there is a junk email filter on Windows mail. But it does not run on my messages in the inbox. I want to use it as you use a new rule (run rule now on inbox). And even when I got new junk, it did not move it to the directory.
September 15th 06 07:36 AM
by Go to last post
3 476
Importing from Outlook 2003 by Scott
Well I tried that and Windows Mail still says "Messages cannot be imported from the MAPI Client. MAPI is not installed on this computer or an error occurred while installing it." I'm running Vista 64 Bit and want to import my Outlook 2003 mail to Windows Mail. Installed Outlook 2003 but MAPI error still occurs. Suggestions?
September 15th 06 01:57 PM
by Scott Go to last post
4 529
Contact Groups? by dotcom
In XP I could create groups to keep all my email contacts separated. For Instance I had one folder for "Office" one for "Family" one for "Friends" etc. In XP in the compose window I could click on the "To:" and then drill down to the folder I wanted and then select within that folder. In RC1 in my Contacts folder they are indeed separated into the group folders just like in XP, however...
September 15th 06 07:47 PM
by Alex Plantema Go to last post
1 488
Contact list always performs a horizontal scroll by Vbritt
Rick, The scrolling problems have all been corrected in RC1. Virgil "Rick Rogers" wrote:
September 15th 06 10:15 PM
by Vbritt Go to last post
0 422
Microsoft Outlook 2007 With Business Contact Manager by tyrone
Hi! I installed Microsoft Outlook 2007 With Business Contact Manager (beta). Several warnings during installation said that MS SQL Server 2005 SP2 needed to be installed in order for the program to work properly. (Microsoft Outlook 2007 With Business Contact Manager (beta) apparently installs MS SQL Server 2005, but not SP2.) A search of MS Web sites, including the download site, did not...
September 16th 06 05:31 PM
by tyrone Go to last post
0 490
MinToTray by Lars
Is there a way to minimize Windows Mail to the system tray ? Thanks
September 16th 06 06:07 PM
by Raquel Go to last post

From The