Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
contacts viewing by TL
How do I view contacts in windows mail from my inbox?
March 29th 09 11:35 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 256
fonts in windows email do not stay set by km4243
*-I LIKE TO PERSONALIZE MY EMAILS BY INCREASING THE FONT SIZE TO 14 AND CLICKING ON BOLD, ITALIC AND A SPECIAL COLOR. LATELY AS SOON AS I BEGIN TO ENTER THE TEXT = ALL SETTINGS GO BACK TO DEFAULT. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? THIS USED TO WORK JUST FINE.-* -- km4243
March 29th 09 10:46 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 203
How do I reset the email address user name and password $ windows by Michelle
I forgot the pasword and username I used to set up the account+ I entered the email address wrong, How do I reset the windows mail??? Please Help!
March 29th 09 10:44 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 206
Unable to send mail...Windows Mail.. Please help.. by Kathi40
I have been working on this for several days, but i am still unable to send mail. Please help me. The error reads.. Subject 'XXX', Account: 'XXX', Server: 'smtp.windstream.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 Sometimes, but seldom, when I send something short, it will send, but when I send an attachment. It will not send. I am new at the computer and do...
March 29th 09 09:52 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 288
Windows Mail/Contact Flaws by GT
It is unfortunate that there are so manly flaws with microsoft mail/contacts. Aol has the best address book/features of any isp. Aol as a company is different subject but their email system is the very best for retreival/storage, ease of sending and receiving email. Excellent group list program as it allows copy and paste application. I would like to use microsoft mail and contacts as...
March 29th 09 09:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 222
WLM style/layout by Griffin[_7_]
Windows Mail is so buggy I am beginning to feel I shall be forced to use Windows Live Mail, which I dislike imtensely. Almost wonder if that is what MS want and therefore dont fix WM. In Windows Live Mail, is there any way of sizing or moving the list of email accounts which dominates the whole of the left hand column? I have many accounts and having them take up so much space is just awful....
March 29th 09 09:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 292
Email by janeshufflebotham
I am unable to send emails keep getting message the host SMTP can not be recognised. Jane
March 29th 09 09:30 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 396
cannot send email by Mo
I have been using windows mail for more than a year now. Suddenly, I can receive but not send emails--they automatically go to my outbox. One day it was fine, then it just stopped sending. No settings have changed. No error message appears. I tried a different outgoing server but no help. Please help! Thanks Mo
March 29th 09 09:08 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 385
aanmelden bij pop.skynet.be by Jef Verreydt
Goedenavond, Ik wil gebruik maken van WINDOWS MAIL. Wat is de procedure? Venster AANMELDEN BIJ POP.SKYNET.BE vraagt mijn gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord en komt dan steeds terug om hetzelfde te vragen. Momenteel gebruik ik MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK maar dat wil ik van de computer halen.
March 29th 09 08:59 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 304
e-mail by Shirley Frances L
I have an e-mail account with comcast. How can I delete this particular program from my computer so it now longer exists. I have set up email account with another available on-line source and no longer want to be available with the comcast e-mail program. Can anyone help me with this situation? Keep in mind I am not very computer literate and I continue to use comcast internet services.
March 29th 09 08:43 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
4 325
Lost emails by Lee Hill
I have recently installed AVG Pro on 2 machines - one running Windows Mail on Vista and the other running Outlook Express on XP Home. The Outlook express gets far more emails coming through to my email client than Windows Mail. It apprears something is blocking some of my emails! Can please anyone advise???? -- Lee Hill
March 29th 09 08:25 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
2 202
Hi there by pmikol
How are you
March 29th 09 07:49 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 237
I have to save attachments by voyagewithvista
I have several Microsoft Word attachments coming in, and they've opened perfectly. But, since works 9 was put on, Ihave to save them, as when I open them, Word 07 now says it can't find the file. I've just tried a PDF file, and it's the same - Adobe says the file can't be found. It says: C:\Windows\System32\.....(file name).... -- voyagewithvista
March 29th 09 07:40 PM
by voyagewithvista Go to last post
3 272
kontakte by Bula
Kann die Maske für das erstellen eines neuen Kontaktes nicht finden, das symbol neuer Kontakt erscheint nicht.
March 29th 09 07:12 PM
by Bula Go to last post
0 192
Compatible Mail Programs by 7woody7
I have a desktop that has Windows HP and the mail program is Outlook Express although I have also used Miscrosoft Mail. I purchased a new laptop which is on wireless and has the Vista Home Basics Program. I have it using Windows Mail at present. The trouble is that I would like to go on either computer and see the same e-mails in my inbox. At present, if I am on one computer and an e-mail comes...
March 29th 09 06:23 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 332
Import contacts by Kenneth John Barclay
I have an Access 2007 database and one of the tables includes names, addresses and email addresses of clients. I have tried exporting the records as a text file with headers. The separating character was set to tab. I then tried opening the contacts window in Mail and selected import. I selected the CSV option and the next dialog asked for the file name. This was provided and the next dialog...
March 29th 09 06:16 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
3 284
Old address keeps popping up. by Gus
My wife changed her email address. I dutifully went into contacts and made the change. The old address was completely deleted and "Contacts" now show ONLY her new address. However, when I open "Send Mail" and type her name, the old address continually pops up. Mail seems to have an odd set of rules as to which email address it will use, unfortunately, I have no idea what these rules are.
March 29th 09 03:49 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
5 236
location of addressbook file by snomazushi
Can someone tell me where the addressbook file is located in Vista machine? sn
March 29th 09 03:45 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 221
approved senders by mickey
I would like to have mail appear in my inbox that I have approved and all other mail to appear in my junk mail folder
March 29th 09 03:32 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 252
jeg har glemt min adgangskode eller password til mail-adressen by Jacobina Eydun Vang
er der nogen der kan hjælpe ??
March 29th 09 02:44 PM
by Jacobina Eydun Vang Go to last post

From The