Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
hola by jose marquez
hola
March 26th 09 06:00 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 403
Windows Live Hotmail e-mail server types by MAD275
I'm trying to find out what the incoming and outgoing mail server names are so I can set up Windows Mail e-mail client. I've looked everywhere that I can think of and I haven't found any answers. Please help. ~MAD275~
March 26th 09 05:59 PM
by mac Go to last post
3 289
Recvovered Messages by jam1968
How do I stop this folder from showing. Evryday it shows folders with no content. I keep deleting them, but they just comeback. This is a undocumented feature/bug in vista.
March 26th 09 05:56 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 248
Highlight in msg list and folders list by kileysmom
The highlight for which message I'm reading or which folder I'm moving to is very light and difficult to spot - is there any way to darken it to a deeper shade of blue or another color? Thanks!
March 26th 09 05:54 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 245
Contact Groups by Paul Calcagno
In Windows Mail I have several large contact groups allowing me to send a message to everyone in each group. Occasionally I need to send an e-mail to a contact group but I need to eliminate or delete a contact name from the group, but I don't want to modify the group every time I have to do this. I'd like there to be a way to send the message to a contact group, but somehow display the...
March 26th 09 01:32 PM
by Brink Go to last post
5 302
Email sending constantly by RFR
I sent an email with pics to a friend...he tells me he receiving the same email 300 times a day and it will not stop. I have deleted all my emails, sent, drafts, etc. and he is still getting the email over and over....what do i do to stop it
March 26th 09 11:18 AM
by Jen Go to last post
3 272
recherche by dampure
"dampure" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : .... j ai plus de message j arrive plus avoir ma boite
March 26th 09 08:27 AM
by dampure Go to last post
0 235
aiuto configurare server di posta by tavylor
cosa devo scrivere per server IMAP posta in arrivo,,,, nome server posta in uscita
March 26th 09 06:12 AM
by tavylor Go to last post
0 291
POP mail not working? by Theresa
This is my error message. I need help! The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
March 26th 09 01:56 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 265
Email Password Default by Todd2649
Im using Vista and have set up outlook through cox. We never set up a password to log on. Now all of a sudden Vista is asking for a password and a user to log onto our pop3. Is there a default setting for this problem ? Please help.
March 26th 09 01:54 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 263
Outlook Express error code 0x800CCC69. by Mary
My outlook express will not allow me to send out e-mails with error # 0x800CCC69. Can anyone help me with this?
March 25th 09 11:51 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
4 296
photo to email by Carlene
How do I attach a photo to my hotmail email?
March 25th 09 11:46 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 361
I CANNOT SEND OR RTECIEVE E-MAIL...WHY...??? by Greg Keller
Why cant I send or recieve EMail...Internet Explorer says the page cannot be displayed....???...(WHY)...???
March 25th 09 11:46 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 301
IMAP SERVER OR STMP NAME??? by Stephanie[_3_]
I am new to Windows Vista and need help setting up my email so I can send and recieve. Here is my question: How am I suppose to know what my IMAP server is and how would I find out my STMP name? I am so confused. Please help!
March 25th 09 11:45 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 232
BCC addresses not shown in "Sent Items" file by Bill
-- When I prepare an email with one "To:" addressee and several "BCC:" addressees and the email is "Sent". When I look at the "Sent Items" the "To:" addressee is shown but none of the "BCC:" addressees are shown. Do these BCC addressees get the email?
March 25th 09 11:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 235
downloading pictures to Windows Mail by robinrharris
When I send or receive pictures, it takes forever for them to download to Windows Mail. Last night my brother sent me 6 pictures in two different emails and it took over an hour for my mail to download. I bought a new pc preinstalled with Vista Home Basic and I'm on dial-up. Can someone tell me why this takes so long? Does anyone else have this problem?
March 25th 09 11:05 PM
by CU Go to last post
5 238
MS Outlook 2007 by t-4-2[_99_]
My alumni friend, who is using XP Outlook 2007, asks me for help, but I am using Vista not XP. So I am turning to you for help. She wants to know how to show Chinese words in Subject column, instead of a bunch of " ? ". In my Vista, I would go : Tools Options Send International Settings un-check " when replying to messages always use English headers " But she said she saw no Send tab...
March 25th 09 09:16 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
3 285
synchronizing windows mail on multiple computers by squares
I need to synchronize my windows mail with multiple computers. I would like certain tasks to update on connected computers. For example: If one user flags a certain mail it should also flag for the the other computers. Is this possible? Thanks
March 25th 09 08:51 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
3 284
Mailing Group Failure by Harry Stevens
Hi to you all Who can help out to decipher the message and/or have a fix? I have used Mailing Groups for many months without a problem. It's only recently that this Message Delivery Failure appears. Same email, when send to a single person is no problem. Many thanks in advance. Harry
March 25th 09 08:46 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
1 254
Account Setup by Claudia Moore
Good Morning, I would really like some assistance in setting up account on new HP G60-235DX Notebook PC and password I gave it a try on my on and it is requiring a e-mail server. Who can help me?
March 25th 09 08:40 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post

From The