Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Contacts in left column? by Lim Kim Yang
Does anyone know how to get Address Book contacts to show at the bottom of the left hand (folders) column, as was possible in Outlook Express?
January 23rd 09 04:36 PM
by VistaRookie[_159_] Go to last post
2 223
CAN'T RECEIVE EMAILS by Ana Ibis
Hi, I can't receive emails. This is the message I get: Account: 'POP3', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91
January 23rd 09 03:56 PM
by Donna Go to last post
2 198
WINDOWS MAIL WILL NOT OPEN (DEATH TO WIN MAIL) by Tristan
ok first of windows mail does not work,im always getting "cannot connect to pop3 server" probably my connection but my mum is experiencing a problem i cant fix,if you guys answer plz make it in plain english coz im not that pc literate.here's wot happens. ERROR MESSAGE 1.(once i clicked the Email icon) Windows mail could not be started, The application was unable to open the the Windows...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 09 12:26 PM
by No Name Go to last post
10 349
Opening mail with window on top by Martinized
When I start mail, sometimes it will open on top of a web page and sometimes it will be minimized and I have to go to the bottom and click on the bar. Is there a way I can have it always open the window on top? Thank You,
January 23rd 09 10:03 AM
by mac Go to last post
2 246
Email spellcheck problem by MikeM1
First post here and in searching I see there have been several discussions regarding spellcheck and dictionary issues. I've loaded in a new MS Office 2007 and that seems to work ok. But when I go to set the options regarding spellcheck in my hotmail email, there are only two languages to choose from--French and French Canada. There are no other choices and I HAVE to choose one or the other. I...
January 23rd 09 01:50 AM
by No Name Go to last post
3 386
HTTP Hotmail as default mail ?? by Clearwire Mail
In Vista, with IE7, is it possible to make my Hotmail web account as the default email "program?" Currently it is Windows Mail, but I think I saw where it's possible to make Hotmail the default. If so, I can't figure it out -- in IE7, I go to Tools/Internet Options/Programs and then what! Help! Thanks. EW
January 23rd 09 01:15 AM
by nock1 Go to last post
7 255
Vista Windows Mail by Tom Hunt
A new Vista User. How do you create a desk top short cut for Windows mail. I have read the help file and it doesn't seem to work. The short cut I did create opens the entire program file. WOULD APPRECIATE help. Thanks
January 23rd 09 12:18 AM
by mac Go to last post
9 281
Retrieving compressed e-mails by Agath
Hello, I compressed my e-mails (messages etc) accidentally! I opened windows mail and there is nothing! How do i retrieve them back? Please i need your assistance as soon as possible! Regards,
January 23rd 09 12:17 AM
by mac Go to last post
4 196
Using Windows Mail with a Mobile device by dhblewis
Hi, I use windows mail with my gmail account but I also use my phone to download mail. When my phone downloads the message it laves the message on my gmail inbox and is still marked as unread however, Windows mail does not download it,. How do I gt it to download on my phone AND windows mail.
January 22nd 09 11:55 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 211
Windows Mail Error Message by LibraryGuy
I keep getting the following error message whenever I try to check my email messages. What do I need to do to rectify this? It's very friustrating. Thanks. This is the error message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Any help anyone can...
January 22nd 09 11:20 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 207
Windows mail = virus? by turbomis
No mather what I am doing on my laptop, on or off line from the internet, windows mail continue to open by itself. Sometimes it opens about 10 times a minute!!! I can't close it as quickly as it opens again.. It is very frustraiting! I do have antivirus, antispyware, firewall and so on, in updated versions. I don't want to use the program, I use other mailclients. So if anyone knows how to get...
January 22nd 09 10:18 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 223
Windows mail & Windows live mail help by JPUK
My comp. when I want to send out e-mail goes to windows mail which I cannot use as it won't work in conjunction with windows live mail. Why would one company had two incompatible programmes? Is not it a better idea to make them at least linkable?? Even if you loose most of the features of windows mail so that people could at least send mail out! Or have I missed somewhere that will allow the...
January 22nd 09 10:16 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 233
Including a logo in my email signature by Renee C
I am unable to put my company logo in my email signature. I have tried copying and pasting and also creating the signature in Word and then pasting but it will not accept the logo, only text.
January 22nd 09 10:05 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
8 199
hiding name by mike givens
When sending an email how do I hide my name and just have my email address? Thank you
January 22nd 09 09:56 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 193
configure by fred
can`t seem to add my email accounts following the steps @ help but can`t get it to work. any ideas
January 22nd 09 09:19 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
1 187
When using Office 2003, having mail problems by Stu Meyer
When I try to send out E-mails through Mail, for some strange reason it is using Outlook Express to send. I have made Mail my primary mail carrier, but to send, it is using & receiving some E-mails. I don't want Outlook Express, just Microsoft Mail......What can I do?? TIA
January 22nd 09 09:18 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
3 244
Can't sent mail with OE by Jamie
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was...
January 22nd 09 09:06 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 223
Cannot recieve windows mail by Jamie
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was...
January 22nd 09 09:03 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 256
Links will not work in windows mail by Ian.t
Hi, Please help had a new laptop for christmas everything great except all emails i receive i click on the links and get a message (Notification not found) i am using windows mail . Please help its driving me batty. :eek: -- Ian.t Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 22nd 09 08:56 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 281
Outlook Express to Mail by Clinton
I am sure that someone has answered this question, but for the life of me I can't find it. Please forgive me for asking again. My boss has just bought a new computer that came with Vista on it. I need to move his e-mails from the old machine to the new one. Has someone come up with a solution for being able to Import the messages from the old machine to the new one. I would like to be able...
January 22nd 09 08:02 PM
by DragonMaster263 Go to last post

From The