Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
2 copies of mail by carolwa
I Receive 2 copies of my mail on one of my e-mail accounts. All download just fine, EXCEPT one of the identies gets 2 copies of mail. How can I stop this? I am running Vista with windows mail and cannot access the mail accounts.
March 27th 09 12:28 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 283
automatic swap from Windows Mail to Outlook Express by Lyd
new computer, new to Vista. after doing a windows easy transfer my mail program seems to have been changed to outlook express. is this just windows semantics and if not, how can i get back to windows mail?
March 27th 09 10:46 AM
by Lyd Go to last post
4 216
email set up by Acer[_2_]
I am new to Windows Vista and need help setting up my email so I can send and recieve. Here is my question: How am I suppose to know what my IMAP server is and how would I find out my STMP name? I am so confused. Please help!
March 27th 09 10:39 AM
by billymac Go to last post
4 210
Opening .eml attachments? by argyliz
Will be grateful if someone can advise me how to open .eml attachments... thanks
March 27th 09 08:14 AM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
1 228
error alert on yahoo by bob[_17_]
I keep getting error Ox 800CCC18 and my yahoo account won't work. The other two accts I have are ok What gives? How do I fix it?
March 27th 09 08:11 AM
by joseph ranasinghe Go to last post
5 309
Problems sending in windows mail by Marsha
I get the message; The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected...
March 27th 09 07:08 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 248
CANT SENT UP WINDOWS EMAIL by gary
I CANT SEND OR RECEIVE MAIL
March 27th 09 06:51 AM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
2 204
AOL link to Vista Windows M ail by Lindy
I linked AOL to Vista Windows Mail as a IMAP file and got an error "XAOL-UAS-MB failed". So I switched to POP3 and it works. However, the email is deleted from AOL and moved to Windows Mail. How can I keep it in both places?
March 27th 09 06:48 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 305
mail by jackie .h
Hi since installing ultimate home office when I click on a direct link to try and email an email page comes up but there is no send button ? Jackie
March 27th 09 01:14 AM
by Peter Foldes[_6_] Go to last post
3 308
[email protected] by baska[_2_]
March 26th 09 10:26 PM
by jenny Go to last post
1 274
Embedded e-mail links on Web pages by josimo
This laptop came with a 60-day Office 2007 trial, which I've activated. When I click on an embedded link on a Web page, it brings up an Outlook icon for a few seconds and then it disappears. I can get it back on again by clicking the link, and then the same thing happens. Now I've discovered Windows Mail, which Microsoft says is the successor to Outlook. When I try to send a message using...
March 26th 09 09:20 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
3 226
new unread messages display icon as read by snomazushi[_3_]
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 Windows Vista Home Premium All my incoming messages in inbox although not opened nor read show icon of envelope opened as though I have read the messages. Can someone point out to me how I can make these envelope incons show "closed envelope" as I have not read them yet? sn
March 26th 09 08:23 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 226
SSL failure and Digital IDs by Mark C[_2_]
Good evening. I have been using my current system (Vista Home Premium) for some time. Switched to AT&T Yahoo! DSL in January. Set up the accounts per instructions (Boxes checked and servers 465 and 995 set) and everything worked fine. Until Monday, when I tried to use mail and got the Server Timeout message (error code ended in CCC0080F if memory serves) for both send and receive functions. ...
March 26th 09 08:17 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 187
missing messages by Tony at Busanga
Over the last month i have stopped receiving messages from emails who have previously been sending with no problems. I know they are sending but the messages just wont appear and they are not going to Junk or deleted files, have checked blocking profiles and nothing !! only clue us that two that I know about are both from Zambia.
March 26th 09 08:14 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 199
Inserting pics in Vista email by NocturnalMT
I had no problem inserting pics in Outlook Express, but when I choose it in Windows Mail, that option is greyed out. Where do I go and what do I change to enable this, please? Help!
March 26th 09 07:41 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 189
HTML Messages and Images by SDreamer[_3_]
Had a problem, that I had resolved by doing a fresh install of Vista. My problem was that HTML mail wouldn't show their messages after unblocking them. Either by unchecking the setting in the security tab in the options, or manually clicking unblock in the yellow warning bar that pops up. All the text is still visible, just none of the images. Things I had tried were, reseting Windows Mail...
March 26th 09 07:36 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 264
how to transfer Outlook Express messages to new Vista Mail? by Mike & Pamela Bennett
I keep getting a MAPI error and won't let me transfer my messages from my old machine Outlook to this new "successor" program...what gives?
March 26th 09 07:26 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 209
Error 800CCC0F by Clamar
Trying to send mails with attachments, I receive error 800CCC0F with message as shown in attachment. Im am using Vista Home Premium Sp1 Windows Mail , NOT Windows Live Mail How can I solve this problem Thanks Claude
March 26th 09 07:13 PM
by Peter Foldes[_6_] Go to last post
1 235
windows mail by milo12
Using windows mail in vista home premium. When I click on send to send email the email goes into outbox instead of sending immediatly even though I have ticked the send immediatly box in properties. Why does the email not send immediatly instead of going to outbox ? -- milo12
March 26th 09 06:54 PM
by ferrisits[_2_] Go to last post
4 197
I cant send e-mails,please help me,I'm confused! by utf
new on windows mail , I dont know what kind of server Im gonna used for incoming and outgoing mail,please help!
March 26th 09 06:04 PM
by mac Go to last post

From The