Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Set up E-mail Servers??? by tank555666
Im trying to send a message to a friend but it says: Imcoming mail(POP3 or IMAP) server Outgoing e-mail server (SMPT) name What does this mean??? what do i put for the servers?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
January 26th 09 06:11 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 225
Problems sending/receiving when switching from Windows Live Mail back to Windows Mail by L A
I am trying to switch back to Windows Mail from Windows Live Mail. My settings are exactly the same in both app's, but when I manually click on "Send/Receive" in WM, I get an error message that says "Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details." However, there is no message there - the Error box is empty. How do I know...
January 26th 09 06:09 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
8 229
error by christine
for the last 4 days, my email incoming, has not worked. I get this..... The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server: 'pop.telus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E this happens often. for no reason. can anyone help solve this?
January 26th 09 05:59 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 233
Email Groups... by Rowge
I'm new to Vista and Windows Mail (WM) but very proficient in Outlook Express (OE) and Windows XP. I have over 1000 contacts, some business, some personal and all show up when I click "TO:". Sorting/searching through all these is a major pain in the butt. I can create groups and folders, no problem, but they're mixed into the entire contacts list (again over 1000 to search through). I'm unable to...
January 26th 09 05:58 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 229
email won't allow me to send an attached zip file by Deano
My Windows mail will send an email message w/o attachments with no problem, but not with attachments. I tried to increase the timeout to 5mins maxium and I still receive this error... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'tnb doors inc -shop pics', Account:...
January 26th 09 05:58 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 255
Windows Mail Files by Gumbuyna
I have been pretty frustrated with Mail, having moved across with Outlook Express, when my new laptop came with Vista. I found it worked for a few minutes, and then stopped send/receiving after a few attempts. I note that this appears to be a common problem in this discussion group. Your answers seem to focus on the ISP, but this is not the problem. Can you advise what is the problem? I...
January 26th 09 05:30 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
2 212
Changing from Windows Mail to Live Mail by lakelands
::Am about to make the change from Windows Mail to Live Mail.:: ::Have the usual folders in in Mail (,individual name folders, sent.deleted etc) & lots of contacts.:: ::Also have a 3rd party email address @yahoo.com which I would like to bring in.:: ::Would appreciate some tips on the changeover (Do's & Do nots, backups):: --
January 26th 09 05:16 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 222
Windows Mail - Contact List problems by PghPat
Hi I am about to go crazy :cry: trying to work with my Contacts in Windows Mail. I don't even know for sure if I can explain clearly what my problem is - but I'm gonna try. When I go to C:/users - PghPatti - Contacts - - I get all my folders with all the contacts in each folder exactly the way I want and use them. But when I go to Create Mail and click on BCC (or which ever To:, etc)
January 26th 09 03:04 PM
by VistaRookie[_169_] Go to last post
2 228
error message with vista windows mail by songbird
Hi I keep getting the following error message when i start mail can someone help please cheers The host 'pop.mypostoffice.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'home', Server: 'pop.mypostoffice.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
January 26th 09 02:24 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 261
e-mail by MTK
I no longer have my e-mail address....................I am trying to get my new e-mail address with this present server...............please help........... Thank you, MTK
January 26th 09 01:44 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 287
Recovering Deleted E-mails by Jennie Plummer
Does anyone have an answer to retrieving deleted e-mails in Windows Mail? -- Jennie Plummer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jennie Plummer's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jennie-plummer.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/1108132.htm
January 26th 09 01:34 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 242
windows mail in windows vista by marion nijkamp
Kan mijn windows mail niet meer opstarten krijg de zelfde problemen die ik al hier had gelezen de toepassing kan het berichten archief van windows mail niet openen Heb ook mijn virusscanner al gedeactiveerd op de mail Helaas geen resultaat gezocht op inbox proberen via die weg een mail te openen helaas ook geen resultaat kreeg ook nog een melding kan windows mail niet starten omdat MSOE.DLL...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 09 01:32 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
10 484
Recovered Messages by Michael CLEMENTS
Morning all, I have a problem whereby I cannot delete a Folder or the subfolders and files in 'Recovered Messages'. I have just deleted over 20000 of them but they reappear as soon as I turn Windows Mail on and they increase as long as the program is on I have had one solution which saved the Message store then deleted the files and reinstalled the Message store but the Recovered Messages...
January 26th 09 01:32 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 258
delete downloaded messages by mike givens
How do you delete all of the downloaded messages in the newsgroups? Thank you
January 26th 09 01:21 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 254
Backing up Windows Mail to a Flash Drive by Lucy
I have to do a system recovery (unless someone could tell me how to fix my desktop issue; the desktop doesn't fill the monitor. There is about 3" vertically on the right side of the screen, and the cursor just rolls off of it. Also my task bar doesn't reach the bottom of my screen I have spent all day trying to figure it out, HP told me to do a recovery.Hmm, maybe I should post that...
January 26th 09 01:20 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 287
receiving mail by Mammykin
I cannot see my new mail unless I click on "receive all" is there anything I can do to receive it without performing this step and would like to keep it on at all times and be notified when I do get mail. Hope I don't sound stupid just can't figure this one out. Thanks, Mammykin
January 26th 09 01:17 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 216
confirmar minha conta by Conceição de Freitas
January 26th 09 10:58 AM
by Conceição de Freitas Go to last post
0 233
language is no longer available for spell check by Dale
How do i fix this? -- Dale
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 09 09:20 AM
by Brink Go to last post
17 456
January 26th 09 07:36 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 233
my email has blended with my rr email by sandy
i have somehow merged my windows vista mail with my roadrunner email. whenever i send an email to my roadrunner email it goes directly into my windows vista. in the roadrunner email it says no new messages. does anyone know how to unmerge them? help!! thanks!!
January 26th 09 07:34 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The