Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Do you think Windows Vista is slow, crash-prone, or unreliable? Join the crowd. by Clear Windows
My comment: Im posting this to the XP newsgroup too, just so they can be even more warned about how bad vista is, and to avoid it. I still cannot understand how stupid some vista fanboys like frank and others are about vista. Here all the world is saying vista is crap, yet they put their fingers in their ears and march to their own microsoft vista...
May 8th 08 01:40 PM
by Bob I Go to last post
1 240
Printing hang up by Nuno
If I send a acrobat, word or excel file to print, If i close the application before the printing progress dialog box reaches 100%, the process of printing hangs an I have to cancel printing. In XP and Office 2003, we could do that, but the printing processing would keep working even if you close the app. Do you guys know if this is a bug, normal or if there is any option to fix this? Thanks
May 8th 08 01:25 PM
by Nuno Go to last post
0 250
Move folders and remain source folder structure by Nuno
In Windows Vista (I have Home Premium) when we move a folder to another that has some sub folders or files with the same name, appears a dialog box asking if you want to replace, etc. But even if I choose to replace all, it remais the folder struvture, empty (it moved the files to destination), in the folder I just moved, and I have always to delete that folder structure in the end. Is this...
May 8th 08 01:21 PM
by Nuno Go to last post
0 276
Linux hits 6.1% on March! by Moshe Goldfarb
On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:34:38 +0200, OK wrote: APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!! Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February: http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9&qpcustom=Linux The future looks bright :-)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 8th 08 11:45 AM
by Linonut[_3_] Go to last post
218 4,427
Adobe Fonts in Vista? by Don B.
I have several Adobe Postscript fonts I purchased a few years ago. They were easily installled in Windows XP; but I can't find a way to install them with Windows Vista. When I click on Add New Font and direct the program to the drive with the CD containing the fonts, thee Add New Font window say no fonts are found on that drive. The fonts on that CD are recognized by Windows XP.
May 8th 08 10:59 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
5 407
PC's froze this morning by Electron
So I have two computers using Vista SP1 and both get turned off every night. This morning started up the first pc and everything went fine during boot and log-in. Then when I tried to start an application the p.c froze with the round "hour-glass" timer showing. Didin't think much of it. I re-booted and everything was fine. Started up the 2nd p.c. a while later and exactly the same problem,...
May 8th 08 10:41 AM
by Dave H.[_2_] Go to last post
5 306
SFC by OnlyMe
Please where has Sys.File.Checker gone in vista ? With kind regards From OZ
May 8th 08 10:19 AM
by Grey[_3_] Go to last post
3 407
test by housetrained
test again -- John the West Ham fan C.E.T.
May 8th 08 10:19 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
0 347
test by housetrained
test -- John the West Ham fan C.E.T.
May 8th 08 10:15 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
0 333
Multiple Activations by SyberKool
Okay, after reading some post today, I've read that re-activation is necessary after hardware changes. I'm very tech savvy, but this activation issue is getting too confusing for us legitimate users. I just upgraded my laptop from XP Home to Vista Home Premium via upgrade dvd and only activated once. I've even updated my printer and wireless trackball drivers and no request to reactivate....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 8th 08 10:09 AM
by Grey[_3_] Go to last post
22 468
"Save As" file extension problem by Abe
Hi all, I am running Vista and office 2007. Whenever i receive an email and do a "save as" and try to add anything to the file name it always saves off the file as some unknown extension. For instance I have a pdf I receive called pic1.pdf, when I save it off as pic it removes the extension .pdf and so the file is unable to open until i readd the extension. Any idea why the save as...
May 8th 08 09:51 AM
by FixPC Go to last post
6 245
Acccounts in Vista -I'm having trouble by Myron Bennett
I asked this question at the end of a longer thread I'd started, and I guess it is old news so no one looks to see that I've taken advice, but need some more. In short. I've been about a year on my Vista home prem. machine, and have not set up administrator account and so I am using it with its power that I don't quite understand, which they tell me leaves me more open to invaders etc.. So they...
May 8th 08 09:38 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 306
delete file from print job list - HP Officejet Pro 550k by Fernando_R
My Windows is in portuguese so I don't know the correct screen names in english. (sorry) I try to delete a print job file from printer spool opening the printer icon besides the system clock, spool driver says "deleting" but never really delete! Normally I need to reboot to really eliminate the file from the list and print a new file. Sometimes this doest work and the printer, after reboot,...
May 8th 08 08:36 AM
by Not Me Go to last post
8 301
unable to carryout silent registry import - Windows Vista by Keewee
I'm trying to import a batch of reg settings from a personal drive on the network. The syntax is correct regedit /s h:\MyRegSetting.reg Even when I test the reg file with a manual import (Right-click, merge..) it still fails. Yet runs fine when run from a local drive. :mad: Normally this wouldn't bother me but I need to loop through a few settings for about 300 users. Any ideas?
May 8th 08 08:36 AM
by Keewee[_2_] Go to last post
2 249
Opening an attachment by Jerry
Hello, I am using windows vista and I am trying to print an attachment from an email. When I do this the attachment is opened with windows photo gallery. Is there another program that I can switch this to so that I can print the attachment as a document rather than a picture. I used XP previously and didn't experience this problem before. Any help is appreciated. Jerry
May 8th 08 08:18 AM
by Not Me Go to last post
1 221
keyboard language settings by Federico
Hi. Yesterday my keyboard has losed italian setting. Now I have english keyboard. I-ve tried to reinstall italian language whit Change keyboard and other input methods but this option not works. All International and Languages Options not works. Some ideas to solve this problem I have Windows Vista Premium Edition / No SP1
May 8th 08 08:06 AM
by Federico Go to last post
0 235
Stop auto restart after windows updates installed by Kolin Tregaskes
Hello, How do I stop my Vista machine from automatically restarting after Microsoft Updates has run and installed updates automatically? Is my only option to turn off automatic updating? Kol
May 8th 08 07:34 AM
by tommygee Go to last post
3 226
test by t-4-2[_98_]
test '' (http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cats13mam3.jpg) -- t-4-2
May 8th 08 07:25 AM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
0 369
Error code 80070005 by computerstupid
I keep getting this error when I try to check for updates. I can not find it anywhere on the help site. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it. I have vista. Thanks -- Really_stupid
May 8th 08 05:26 AM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
3 277
Search hard drive for files containing ... ? by Cal Learner
I was wanting to search my temporary files (on my hard drive) for files that contained a particular word. I knew how to do it in XP, but I couldn't figure it out in Vista. I want to search from a starting point, and include sub-folders from that point. For a single folder I guess could use find (or a grep utility I brought over from my old computer). I want to recurse from a given place (or...
May 8th 08 05:00 AM
by Roque Hernández Durán Go to last post

From The