Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Helping seniors by WhiteTea
I would like to help the seniors at a Senior Center. Will Vista allow you to revert back to "Tradional View" with MS Word ? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 09 01:04 PM
by BarbNJ Go to last post
53 1,352
Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) - Any good? by Mark Conrad[_3_]
So, how many people actually played with Windows Speech Recognition? (WSR for short) Does WSR come with other versions of Vista, or only the "Ultimate" version? Mark-
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 09 11:24 AM
by andy t Go to last post
38 1,077
What the point of D&S? by LMO
Aloha all. What's the point of the Documents & Settings shortcut in C:\? I cannot open it. All I get is a msg saying it's unaccessable. Is there anything there, or is it just there to look familiar? Thanks!
February 14th 09 08:13 AM
by Not Even Me Go to last post
5 292
micrsft money by jeff
will I be able to restore data backed up on windows xp to a new micrsft money program on vista? thanks
February 14th 09 06:57 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
2 285
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. by Fearz
Hi, I get this error randomly when using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, I get blank screen for 5 seconds then It comes back to normal with a popup balloon says that the display driver had an error and windows has recovered, I'm using Nvidia 97.46 on a Geforce 7950 GX2 XXX Edition. Using all windows updates, Anyone has such thing? any ways to recover? I tried disabling windows defender as I read on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 09 06:44 AM
by Borne Aching Go to last post
31 984
Recent Items List by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP
"Clear Recent Items List" option missing when you right-click on the Recent folder: http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/228/1/Clear-Recent-Items-List-option-missing-when-you-right-click-on-the-Recent-folder.html -- Regards, Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
February 14th 09 04:20 AM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
0 275
Vista file search by microsvc
How can I tell Vista Search to only search filenames and not look into contents. When one wants to search for a filename, it takes way longer because this thing wants to search contents too and it is a waste of time... Suggestions?
February 14th 09 03:08 AM
by bb Go to last post
3 290
window media center extenders by jeff haywood
Hi when i config my xbox 360 extender i get this error message Configuration Error An error was encounter while configuring your computer for use with this extender. i have tried both recommeded methods listed on microsoft to resolve this error but still and cannot get configured. any clues
February 14th 09 02:46 AM
by nhorton79[_3_] Go to last post
1 247
REPOST - Disappointment with Vista alternative media program? by Dan \(the newbie\)
Hi, I'm posting this question to relevant newsgroups, I hope you don't mind. I subscribed to the alternative media program and I do not yet what to make of the six DVD set that I received from Microsoft. I had hoped to order the 64-bit media but something got screwed up and they sent me 32-bit media and the DVDs were dated 2007. Was this a clearance sale? SP1 was on a separate DVD. A more...
February 14th 09 02:36 AM
by Tyro[_2_] Go to last post
7 265
Speech - how can I move windows using the Speech Recognition in Vista? by Noobie
Speech - how can I move windows using the Speech Recognition in Vista? I have tried using Mouse Grid command, then seleting the grid for the window, saying Press Click. But it won't hold click button down, just presses it once. Is Speech Recognition capable of moving windows? Thanks.
February 14th 09 01:31 AM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
5 288
What Happened To My Friend Senator Larry Craig? Just FYI by No Name
Does Senator Larry Craig Still Tap His Foot When He Goes To A Public Restroom? Just FYI. I Don't Remember Reading Anything Else About This. Just FYI. I Usually Hang out At The Public Restroom Tapping My Foot Just In Case He Comes In. Just FYI. Just FYI
February 13th 09 11:55 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 244
alias continuing problem with the truth! by measekite
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:42:07 -0800, FBonWin7b1x64 wrote: Alias wrote: His mind's on vacation and his mouth is working overtime. ----------------------------------------------------- I see its time for a truthful review: snip
February 13th 09 11:52 PM
by measekite Go to last post
0 233
Virtual Store by Don D[_2_]
The Virtual Store is a Cluster F*!! Whoever dreamed this up needs to have their union card taken away from them. S/he is an idiot! As soon as I salvage the mess made in the virtual store I will format my computer and NEVER use Vista again. I AM Pi*ed.
February 13th 09 10:40 PM
by Joe Buck[_2_] Go to last post
9 288
Page / Screen jumping by MikeStevens[_2_]
I have re-installed Vista. now, my page jumps violently and the scrollbar moves up and down. I have a laptop and am only using a touchpad. Can anyone help please? -- MikeStevens
February 13th 09 09:24 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 254
How can I hide usernames from Welcome Screen? by qianwch
Hi all! There are some usernames that I do not want to be displayed on Vista Welcome Screen. I could not find a TweakUI for Vista to accomplish this. I googled and found a solution that concerned with the registry . I added the usernames under the key, but the username still appears on WelCome Screen. Could anybody tell me how to get it worked? Thanks in advance.
February 13th 09 09:17 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
5 287
odbcint.dll file not working anymore by GobStopper
Hi, After succesfully installing the .NET framework SP1 & other updates, my computer was having problems to start (Kept crashing in the process of opening windows). Then the Windows Repair tool started up. I finally made it and everything looked fine until I tried to open my Itunes. I keep getting the error message 'Itune.exe image incorrect - C:\Windows\System32\odbcint.dll cannot execute...
February 13th 09 09:14 PM
by GobStopper Go to last post
2 336
Pixelated Icons... (Need help to reset) by The Driver
I'm guessing it's from the registry cleaner I use or an update that installed. Either way I'm guessing the settings got changed. My start bar Icons went from nice an refined to pix elated and distorted. Here's a screen shot so you can see my problem. (Sorry I have it in Jpeg format it makes it look worse then it is) Note: the computer is new an the fonts are fine so please don't tell it's the...
February 13th 09 09:05 PM
by Jim[_49_] Go to last post
2 281
Why does 4GB RAM only show as 3GB? by Qu0ll
I know that when using 32-bit Vista you can't expect to see all 4GB of installed RAM but I was under the impression that you should see between 3.1 and 3.5GB. My new Dell Precision laptop has 4GB RAM but only shows exactly 3GB. The BIOS reports 4GB. Is this unusual or indicative of a problem? -- And loving it,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 13th 09 08:53 PM
by Poutnik[_2_] Go to last post
36 866
you can not run for the first time, register or unregister by hadikmaar
Ik heb zojuist een programma geinstalleerd ”sibelius 5”. Als ik het programma wil openen verschijnt de mededeling "you can not run for the first time, register or unregister sibelius unless you are the computer administrator. please log in as the computer administrator and try again. (after sibelius is registered any user account can use sibelius)." Ik gebruik Vista, he been laptop met 3...
February 13th 09 08:52 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
1 248
Chupacabra treatment by Jim[_49_]
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:31:05 -0800, "The Daily Abnormal" wrote: about crap
February 13th 09 08:46 PM
by Jim[_49_] Go to last post

From The