Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Defender by Super Hero
I removed 2 programs from the start up list using Windows Defender, Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger. When I restart my computer Windows Live Messenger still opens wanting its password. Why is it still opening up at start up? I opened Defender and looked and it is no longer shown. -- Super Hero
December 14th 08 02:07 AM
by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista! Go to last post
9 373
VCR Display by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista!
I want to play a movie or a DVD in my VCR but the display keeps blinking 12:00. I am not sure how to fix this? Is this a problem with my machine?
December 14th 08 01:42 AM
by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista! Go to last post
4 289
The Real Reason the MS Fanboys and MVPs Hate Ubuntu by Alias[_38_]
The reason is that if everyone went with Ubuntu, all the geeks here would no longer have the clean-windows-of-malware fat cow to live off. Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 14th 08 01:41 AM
by serpentracer[_16_] Go to last post
49 876
Have you seen this ITUNES issue? by flynnstone[_2_]
I just setup a new system and got vista ultimate 64 up and running. Havent experienced any issues at all until i downloaded itunes. The program installs fine, however i have graphics and display issues with Itunes once it launches.,. I've uninstalled Itunes8 and reinstalled 7.7 (both 64bit), and that didnt work either...Anyone experience this particular issue? Howd you fix it?Here's a screen shot...
December 14th 08 01:36 AM
by flynnstone Go to last post
1 238
ApphangB1 since latest Hotmail build by STCJeff
We have suddenly started getting constant ApphangB1 errors in IE (Vista Ultimate32) and have tried reverting to no add-ons mode, using the scan tool, etc. all to no avail. Today I suddenly realized that the problem seems to have started right after the latest rebuild of the Hotmail interface. Has anyone else had this problem? I wish they would leave the Hotmail interface alone anyway, but...
December 13th 08 11:50 PM
by STCJeff Go to last post
0 223
Exclamation
Can't watch movies... Girl in Need by EricaMae999
Hello Everybody, First to introduce myself, I am a total beginner to the computer scene. I'm am getting much better, but it can get frustrating. Anyway... my first problem. I like to watch movies on The Movie Pit, but lately the veoh ones quit working. Can anybody help? Could this be a virus? These are the best quality ones and I hate having to settle for second best when I want to kick back...
December 13th 08 10:51 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
4 225
Smaller web pages by B Roberts
I have just installed Vista and now I find that my web pages are about 2/3 the size of what they were. How do I change the size of my web pages.? It is not just the font but the whole page. Help would be appreciated.
December 13th 08 09:30 PM
by Andrew Murray[_7_] Go to last post
9 201
I got a new job. by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista!
Yesterday I went around the neighborhood looking for work. I need to make money so I can play XBOX. I applied at Taco Bell and Jack In The Box. I am not sure if I want to take the job that cleans toilets or stocks shelves. The pay is $7.50 an hour. I have never made $7.50 an hour. What will I do with all that money?
December 13th 08 08:58 PM
by DanS[_4_] Go to last post
4 201
What are these telling me? by Ernie Lane[_2_]
When I boot up, I get some popup messages at startup that I don't understand: - "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'TrayApp' disk and click OK." (It also has a pulldown for 'Use Source.') - I cancel this, and get another popup: "An installation package for the product TrayApp cannot be found. Try the installation...
December 13th 08 08:47 PM
by jwagnon Go to last post
4 259
Changed SID now can't access user accounts by karevong
My SID was recently changed and upon restarting, all the user accounts were ' Guest Accounts '. There were no administrator accounts and I could not access my previous accounts in the C:/Users folder. I tried to system restore but "There was an unexpected error: Class not registered (0x80040154) Please close System Restore and try again" popped up. What can I do to access those folders...
December 13th 08 08:22 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 180
Vista Ultimate Hangs after boot before signon by wires93308
I'm running Vista Ultimate, ASUS MB, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core, 2G memory and e-GeForce 8500 GT graphics card. I have installed the lastest nvidia BIOS and graphic drivers. My problem is the system hangs after boot, before the signon screen, at the screen with the green progress bar and the Microsoft logo. I've waited as long as an hour before forcing power off and restarting. It will always...
December 13th 08 06:22 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
4 223
How2 image Vista Premium? by Crash and Burn
Apparently Premium does not support full system backup to make an image. When I boot into Vista I get warned with "Hard disk failure is imminent. Please backup ..." So while I can still boot into a useable system I want to image the whole machine currently 152Gb. Any recommendations for free software that will be reliable and second choice I would make a purchase of Acronis which I have a...
December 13th 08 06:17 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
8 305
suddenly no pix just default graphic by Rufus[_2_]
Suddenly the day before yesterday, the display of graphics in Windows Explorer changed from miniature pictures to the graphics program default icon. This happened to me in 98 and I had a fixpix.vbs fix for reactivating the thumbnail function. I think I also used it in XP, but I hesitate to try this in Vista. What must I do to get the thumbnails back? Rufus
December 13th 08 03:26 PM
by Rufus[_2_] Go to last post
6 314
32bit or 64 bit SockPuppet by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista!
I want to install a new program on my Vista machine. I know that Vista is way over my head, but someone told me about the SockPuppet program. Do I install the 32bit or the 64 bit SockPuppet?
December 13th 08 03:03 PM
by FBonWin7x32 Go to last post
2 283
Very Stupid by Gordon[_5_]
"DanS" wrote in message ... http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/242520/teacher-threatens-to-call-the-cops-over- linux.html Absolutely extraordinary!
December 13th 08 02:55 PM
by The Vista Paradox Go to last post
3 279
Vista printer settings return to default each logon by egv7759
I have a perplexing problem. The scenario... Every morning one particular Vista user (out of approximately 75) has to reset her default printer. Once reset she is fine for the day. She will log off and leave for the day. Later, she will connect to our network via VPN, use Remote Desktop to reach her office PC, and log in. She doesn't try to print since she's working remotely. The...
December 13th 08 01:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 207
New FRANK episode coming this Christmas in Vista.General by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista!
"Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista!" wrote in message ... Stay tuned.. !!!! Action, Fantasy, Excitement and Humor all packed in here.. especially humor~! How can you not laugh at such a dunce? I promised the dork I would insult him with a full fledged story for Chirstmas....
December 13th 08 01:39 PM
by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista! Go to last post
0 162
Is this really needed here in ther forum? by The C.[_2_]
You must not have a life. Your pesant. This is a forum for help, but none of us can help you...go see a shrink! -- Computer Novice "And In The End... The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 08 01:34 PM
by Brontosaurus Burger AKA Vista! Go to last post
15 487
Living Nightmare... please help! by lambiebambiebam
I don't even know where to start... the problems started from about a month ago, and last 24 hours just got a lot worse. I am just a basic PC user, so my technical vocab is limited. I've been using mac because I am a graphic designer for the past 3 years, and I got this PC for my family. The followings are the computer's components, my friend picked for me, purchased in March: - Intel Pentium...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 08 01:09 PM
by Alias[_41_] Go to last post
14 306
Vista 64 bit by Dan DeCoursey
I am comtemplating buying a new PC (HP dc7900 ) they offer Vista business 64 bit as an OS option does ths mean this PC is a 64bit machine ??? it has a Intel Q9650 processor there is no mention of the PC being a 64 bit computer........will vista 64 run old 32 but stuff?? the 64 bit OS will permit me to get and use more than 4gb but is 8gb enough to run Vista 64 fast...
December 13th 08 12:24 PM
by Gareth Erskine-Jones Go to last post

From The