Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
delete button on taskbar by Kathy[_2_]
Is there a way to put a delete button on the taskbars? I hate having to pull drop down menu every time I want to delete something. And I don't like using the keyboard if I'm already using the mouse. Thanks. Kathy
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 21st 10 02:53 PM
by Bob C Go to last post
18 669
Black screen on Windows Vista Home startup by Black screen on Windows Vista Home start
My screen goes black in the early stages of bootup. I can start safe mode and have done a system restore but my computerstill will not start normally. I have recieved via email a hotfix application from Microsoft but this will also not run when the computer is in safe mode. Plse assist. Thanks.
February 21st 10 12:39 PM
by Black screen on Windows Vista Home start[_2_] Go to last post
2 311
Password Protecting Folders. by species8350
My pc will be going in for repairs shortly. I'd like to protect some of my folders. Can folders be individually password protected under Vista? Thanks
February 21st 10 10:54 AM
by species8350 Go to last post
9 489
Custom Themes by Ed O'Brien
Vista Home Premium... Is there any way to create ones own theme for things such as the colour of added links bars to the desktop? I would like to have the links bar the same colour as the taskbar (black). TIA for any help. Ed
February 21st 10 09:55 AM
by Ed O'Brien Go to last post
4 341
My Book World Edition II External Drive Hangs When Opening The Fil by nyc79
Having a very odd problem. Installed the My Book World Edition II external hard drive to my Windows Vista about a year or 2 ago, and it was working fine until recently. I tried to create a new folder to add files from iTunes, and all of a sudden it locked up and gave me the "Not Responding" error. I closed the program, and then tried to open it again, but the same thing happened. Now every...
February 21st 10 04:58 AM
by Bob Go to last post
3 316
Can't install Silverlight updates from Microsoft by [email protected]
I now have five or six updates that will not install. The error says Code 64C. I've tried to find out how to solve this problem but failed. Can someone help?
February 21st 10 01:36 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 242
Desktop Icons Enlarged using Fn+F8 by John
I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop and am new to vista & finding way round! Can change Icon sizes from Desktop and using Ctrl and mouse wheel. However!! wanted to use an external monitor and selected Fn+F8. to my surprise Icon became Jumbo size and cannot be re-set. I can reduce but ten come back to Jumbo size. I can re-set by shutting PC down re-boot and then select classic Icon and return...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 10 05:18 PM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
14 425
how to use Windows XP Mode? by yawnmoth
I just installed Windows XP Mode (ie. which uses Virtual PC to run Windows XP apps) and am not sure how to use it. I don't see an entry for it in the Start menu. If I right click on a program and select compatability mode, I can chose from lots of different options - Windows XP SP3 or even Windows 95. Since Windows 95 presumably isn't using Virtual PC in the same way that Windows XP Mode is...
February 20th 10 04:17 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
3 351
Just a class assigment by CSTS
My favorite feature of Windows Vista is the fact that everything is updated and it has interesting things like the Areo experience. I enjoy using Windows Vista.
February 19th 10 09:50 PM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
7 309
Windows live safety scanner by Mike Naughton
I am running windows vista home premium and IExplorer 8 ..I have used the windows live safety scanner many times in the last year..The last couple of times I tried running it I got the following message We're sorry. This version of the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner doesn't work with your Web browser or operating system. It goes on to say that I need to have windows vista and internet...
February 19th 10 08:11 PM
by Dave M[_15_] Go to last post
4 305
Problem with log in to Vista by Solid77
I've got a problem with my Vista (Home Premium) I tried to log in in the morning and this problem occured - all of my desktop icons (same goes to wallpaper) vanished, my Windows taskbar won't open and I can only browse my computer through one explorer window that popped out during a log in (I can browse all the areas/hdd's of my pc) I scanned my OS with AVG antivir but the problem still...
February 19th 10 03:34 PM
by Jim[_63_] Go to last post
1 219
BAD_POOL_CALLER by Tarable1
Tonight while playing hearts on my laptop I got the Blue Screen of Death with the following error message along with it. If someone could possibly explain to me why I got this or how to keep it from happening again it would be greatly appreciated....When the blue screen came up it said that Windows had shut down to protect the computer, then it said BAD_POOL_CALLER. Problem signature Problem...
February 19th 10 03:14 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 367
Windows 7 groups for Newsreaders? by News
Where/how can I access windows 7 newsgroups using my news reader?? -- Craig
February 19th 10 04:19 AM
by milt Go to last post
9 423
EXCEL by EXCEL
message " CAN NOT SHIFT OBJECTS OFF SHEET"
February 19th 10 01:57 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 285
DVD-RW Capacity vs. Actual by [email protected]
I just burned some folders containing mostly JPG files (and a few AVI files). The DVD has a capacity of 4.7GB - but it only held 2.4GB of these folders - and the DVD is now full. Why didn't I get the full 4.7GB capacity. I used Nero 9 and chose the Write Data option.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 10 01:15 AM
by Bob D. Go to last post
50 1,135
Can't5 get past Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally by drumz
My sons toshiba laptop just turned off and won't restart not matter what I've tried. I tried starting in safe mode and just about every other option. I can boot from the CD but it just returns back to Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally. This is the error: Status: 0xc00000e9 Unexpected I/O Error
February 19th 10 12:26 AM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
3 330
task manager not responding by Fanor P.
Hi all, When I try to run task manager using ctrl-alt-del, it doesn't start it. Any ideas?? My computer is running WIndows vista home premiun SP2. TIA
February 18th 10 09:23 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 237
Mouse pointer becomes huge after doing stuff on desktop... by ImTheSlime
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 2 Gigabyte GA P55A UD3 Intel i5 750 2.67 ghz Powercolor Radeon 5850 These are what i am using, anybody else have the same issue? I tried Google but it wasn't that much of a help. --
February 18th 10 07:00 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 224
Home Ed, OphCrack did not work, lost password, what next? by ToddAndMargo
Hi All, Help! Vista Home Edition I have a customer that decided to put a password on her computer. So she would not forget, she used her last name as the password. Whatever she put in, it was not her last name. All upper case and lower case derivatives
February 18th 10 04:53 PM
by ToddAndMargo Go to last post
1 286
Win7 Newsgroups by David_AU
Where are the Win7 newsgroups hiding? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 10 04:38 PM
by Saucy[_20_] Go to last post

From The