Slow Hard Drive by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate, my PC is a Dual Core Pentium Extreme 3.2 Gig with 4Gig RAM. I have two SATA Hard Drives, both Western Digital, my C: Drive is a 10,000RPM the second drive is 7,200RPM, both are about 40% full. When I run HD Tack I get much better performance from the 7,200 drive, about
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 08 06:38 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
11 492
Unknown Network Device in Vista Business by Daniel
Situation: Running Vista Business on 3.0GHz P-4 system using an MSI MS-7211 mobo with onboard Realtek RTL8139 10/100 interface, Realtek RTL8029 PCI 10-Base NIC (to connect with an older 10Base-2 LAN) -- both correctly recognized by Device Manager, both with drivers and both working perfectly. Only other expansion card is an ATi Radeon 9550 AGP video card, also working correctly. All other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 08 08:33 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
15 491
Device Manager listing for CPU by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate I have had installed a Pentium D Extreme Edition 840 3.2 Gig CPU, in Device Manager it lists four CPU's, two as Pentium D 3.2 and Two as P4 3.2, is this what should be showing, or has the tech missed something in installing? thanks
January 14th 08 06:00 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
4 107
Testing a USB Hard Drive by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. I have bought a 250G Seagate Hard Drive, an internal one, but I have connected through a USB Hard Drive adapter. I am having some problems with the drive, Vista keeps on wanting to format it. I format it and it works for a day or so then after a couple of reboots it is not there in Explorer and I have to format it again, in Disk Management.
September 27th 07 02:43 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 118
Vista drivers for Nvidia Geforce 2 Go graphics card by Daniel
Hi, I'm trying to find the Vista compatible drivers for this laptop video card: Nvidia GeForce2 Go I have this video card on my laptop. I have installed Windows Vista and everything seems to be working fine except Vista doesn't come with a compatible driver for this video card. I have looked up everywhere and I can't find a video driver that will work with GeForce2 Go in Vista. I know
February 5th 07 05:36 PM
by jimmuh Go to last post
3 152
Nvidia 8800 GT by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience)
Price wise depending you coming from which country?? The 8800GT has once been the best and favourite card for gamer as well as OC enthusiatic. Now there are newer card that is on par or can match it's capabilty, moreover is similar or slightly cheaper. A example would be Radeon 4850 "Death-Wizh" wrote: is anyone out there using this graphics card? is it really worth it, n matches up to...
October 21st 08 05:09 AM
by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience) Go to last post
0 194
Complete Crash without Blue Screen by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience)
Just a thought, other than the blue screen, is there any particular error? "Don Deacon" wrote: I upgraded to Vista about a month ago and since then my computer (used as a PVR) just keeps crashing. It is not even crashing with a blue screen, it just completely shuts off. After one of these crashes, I can't just power the PC back on either, I have to disconnect the power supply, flip...
October 21st 08 03:40 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 178
Soundmax driver needed by Daniel - Sydney
Hi I have a PC with an Asus P5SD2-X motherboard, Vista Ultimate has not installed a driver so I have no sound, the Asus site does not have an updated driver that I can find, is there another driver I can use, the XP driver does not work. thanks
February 7th 07 10:04 AM
by Tony Go to last post
4 196
Samsung LCD 740bPlus monitor does not support rotation / pivot on Windows Vista by Daniel Callegari
Hello, I am running Windows Vista and I can't figure out how to enable monitor rotation. Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 740B Plus. I have already downloaded Vista Service pack 1, most recent monitor and chipset (Intel) drivers and I have even tried Samsung's Magic Rotation software.
April 17th 08 04:58 PM
by Daniel Callegari Go to last post
2 172
Game Port by Daniel Copeland
I have an ASUS K-8NE Deluxe mobo with integrated sound and game port. I use this game port to interface several MIDI instruments to digital audio software. In Vista, this game port is listed as "unsupported game port" in the device manager. Am I to believe that all of my musical gear is now incompatible with my PC, and I have to either jury-rig a gameport-to-usb adapter or find some other...
December 18th 07 01:04 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
2 180
new NVIDIA drivers - can't install by Daniel Côté
Tried to install BOTH the 32 and 64 bit versions of the new Nvidia drivers... neither would work. I get the message that I don't have vista installed, or that I don't have the 64 bit version installed.... so I can't install either driver. Installation terminates. Anybody else with this problem ? Dan Sudbury Canada
February 22nd 07 05:56 PM
by Daniel Côté Go to last post
5 304
missing slave hard drive by Daniel Hawley
After installing vista my second hard drive (slave) is not shown in my computer but shows in device manager.
May 3rd 07 08:48 PM
by eddiej Go to last post
4 110
Sound driver for my laptop in Vista by Daniel Kejser
Hallo all, i Buy VistaBusiness yester day, and i can't get my sound driver work yet, i can listen sound if i use my head phone bot not if i remove my head phone, i use a laptop and my laptop is Fujitsu Siemens PA1510 i hob i can be help here, the new vista designs its relly cool ;D
February 4th 07 04:52 PM
by Daniel Kejser Go to last post
2 216
ATI x1800xl black screens by Daniel Lapointe
K, got a question, still experiencing constant black random screens of death for no apparent reason. I look in control panel..problem reports....see problems to check...and see 42 "video hardware errors" listed..all the same with this info..I'm guessing this is the cause of my probs, but dont know why on vista rtm..tried both built in and ati rtm drivers, still the same probs..any ideas?...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 06 08:19 PM
by DblFun Go to last post
10 214
XP to vista printer sharing stopped working - access denied by Daniel Norman[_4_]
I have printer and file sharing enabled on a XP SP3 computer, and had a EPSON STYLUS DX6050 connected to this. I was able to access the files and the printer from my Vista Home Premium Laptop. However the printer broke and I had to get another one, which is a EPSON STYLUS SX400. I enabled printer sharing for this printer, but every time I try to connect to it I get a message saying access...
January 26th 09 12:00 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 165
aero gone!!! by Daniel Stevenson
when I first installed Vista Home Premium I was running a 128Mb Geforce 6600GT PCIx video card. Aero was happening and everything was fine and dandy. However after upgrading to a 640Mb Geforce 8800GTS the Aero interface has disappeared completely. I have installed the 100.25 nvidia drivers. Is there any way of getting the interface back without reinstalling?
April 1st 07 10:58 PM
by daniel stevenson Go to last post
5 131
USB Headset problem (volume too low) by Daniel Vaz
Hi, I have this USB headset, LX-3000, since January, and it always had great sound and volume. Last week I got a notebook, and tried connecting the headset to it. Since then, the headset's volume is too low too hear anything on both PC (both have Vista) Any idea? Thanks in Advance,
April 2nd 08 03:20 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 151
Graphic Card Setup Problem? by Daniel- Sydney
Hi I am running Ultimate, I have a system with the following specs. CPU - P4 3.2 HT Graphics Card - nVidia 7600GT 256 meg (latest driver 158.18) RAM 2.5 Gig Hard drive Maxtor 150 Gig 10,000 RPM. Motherboard - Asus P5SD X2 When I was running XP Home I got 21,000 with 3DMARKS 2001 SE,
May 25th 07 01:03 AM
by Daniel- Sydney Go to last post
4 161
InterAct ProPad 8 by danielbondas
i have a InterAct ProPad 8 and i can't find driver for xp and other updates of Windows. And it will be a grate ideea to insert a driver for it ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...
October 17th 06 06:20 PM
by danielbondas Go to last post
0 155
USB Speed by daniellouwrens[_2_]
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. How do I test the speed of a USB connection to see if it is working okay. I have Hard Drive connected to a USB port. thanks
November 21st 08 03:21 PM
by daniellouwrens[_2_] Go to last post

From The